• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

An idea I had today, it's a bit speculation and wishing, but I thought I'd share...

First of all, do we know why the Genesect are attacking New Tork? An idea I came up with, and this is based on one of the trailers showed them underground using their attacks which could possibly apply that they're digging beneath the city for some reason, is perhaps there's some rare gem that Colress (or whoever is leading the Genesect) is searching for, possibly related to the Original Dragon or something along those lines. Or just a..."Macguffin", as TVTropes would put it I guess, that doesn't have an exact purpose but more or less would be bad news if it fell into the hands of a group like Team Plasma.

Watch the trailer again, and look more closely. The Genesect are neither underground nor digging. They're in the center of the Pokemon Hills complex they attacked, and are building a hive. Also, by the time of the movie Team Plasma will have croaked long ago.

I was thinking about the "Project G" trailer that was on Youtube, but watching that again it appears they're probably in that canyon area.

Even though Team Plasma may not be active, I still think perhaps there was a "mission" the Genesect were originally supposed to complete and perhaps they're still part of it. We also don't know if Colress quits like he does in the games, he could still be behind this by the time of the movie. But really, like I said it was sort of goofy speculation/wishlist.

I was thinking about the "Project G" trailer that was on Youtube, but watching that again it appears they're probably in that canyon area.

The Project G trailer has little bearing on where the Genesect Army is now. The canyon was probably just some testing ground for Team Plasma to let them go wild.

Even though Team Plasma may not be active, I still think perhaps there was a "mission" the Genesect were originally supposed to complete and perhaps they're still part of it. We also don't know if Colress quits like he does in the games, he could still be behind this by the time of the movie. But really, like I said it was sort of goofy speculation/wishlist.

The only "mission" that we know of is Colress telling them that everything is the enemy and to destroy everything, followed by them breaking out and destroying the P2 Laboratory.

The official site's plot summary makes it clear they aren't under the control of anyone, and are blindly attacking everything due to the confusion and fear caused from being brought into the modern world.

The event Mewtwo knows Heal Pulse. I like the implication.

After seeing the brief preview for this movie, I'm really looking forward to watching it!! I'm mostly excited to see Mewtwo again!

What the fake is this?

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org4099086.jpg

Anyway, I hope we get some new information soon this month(well we probably will).

I hope Sableye is more than a Pokemon that's just kind of...there. I don't expect Sableye to be too important, but I just don't want him to be there for no reason.

Either way, I can't wait to see Sableye as well as Mewtwo and Genesect battling.

Where'd you find that from?

It bothers me because it's so stupid looking I could see it being legit.

EDIT: Apparently it's real!

FUCKING SHIT if that's the New Pokemon on Smash. :(

Last edited:

LOL. That looks like a really bad April Fool's joke. Not only did Mewtwo change its appearance, it's serving some Benjamin Button realness in that picture.

CSRfNZm.jpg

I think it's legit. slowkingsley on SPPF posted it, he's reliable.

Omgosh..you have to be kidding me...

He's reliable yes, but it still looks fake to me. I guess it go either way now.

I hope this forme isn't real, I want Mewtwo to stay the way he is throughout the whole movie.

I say it's real, because it's what no one wants.

How convenient of them to not give a source!

That looks utterly hilarious.

31.jpg

This poster came from the recent Tokyo Anime Fair.

The new Mewtwo image is clearly fake. An April Fools that took a couple of days longer to reach mainstream eyes perhaps?

How convenient of them to not give a source!
That's what I was thinking. What possible source could there be? I don't know anything about Japanese publications compared to you, but I'm guessing even you're sat there chuckling "There's nowhere this could have come from"?

31.jpg

This poster came from the recent Tokyo Anime Fair.

The new Mewtwo image is clearly fake. An April Fools that took a couple of days longer to reach mainstream eyes perhaps?

Makes sense to me if it was created a couple of days after april fools, to make it seem more reliable.

But I'm sure it's fake, so much so that I'm calling it fake because I don't want...that thing...to be real.

Serebii seems to be of the indication that it's from CoroCoro, according to DMs he's sent me on Twitter:

"Yeah I've seen that poster, but there's a few things to factor in. One, another image. Two, CoroCoro promising the poster containing somet.....hing special in the next issue. Three, the tag line of the movie saying we don't know the real Mewtwo yet. Four, Masuda revealing so......mething seperate from the new Pokémon"
Except it's around 2 weeks too early for CoroCoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom