• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

I hope it's fake too.

Just wondering, when was Sky Shaymin unveiled? I know the Kyurem forms were announced with BW2 in February last year. If there are no merch placeholders, that should be a hint for fakery.

I hope it's fake too.

Just wondering, when was Sky Shaymin unveiled? I know the Kyurem forms were announced with BW2 in February last year. If there are no merch placeholders, that should be a hint for fakery.

Actually I believe we knew about Kyurem's other forms cuz of the placeholders they had in the game data.

Seriously no one else noticed that he stole Jessie's hair lol??
This is Jessietwo!

*badum tss*

Lol oh god, one was enough *hides*

That mewtwo form just looks too flippin ridiculous to be real.

In June, just like Resolute Form four years later. The lack of placeholders is odd, but it should be noted that the first placeholder for Sky Forme surfaced in April (although I don't think any movie-related merchandise had been announced previously).

The day has passed, and I am still upset over this course of events. Every time I think about it, I either feel depressed or briefly laugh like a maniac in my head. Normally when something pisses me off, I learn to live with it within a few hours or so. This; however, is different. I think Pokemon might have finally jumped the shark...

That's assuming the "new Forme" is even real.

And we don't have any reason to believe that it is, at least not right now.

The day has passed, and I am still upset over this course of events. Every time I think about it, I either feel depressed or briefly laugh like a maniac in my head. Normally when something pisses me off, I learn to live with it within a few hours or so. This; however, is different. I think Pokemon might have finally jumped the shark...
Why so extreme? I hope that the design is fake and I could do without a Mewtwo Forme as I don't think such a gimmick is necessary for giving Mewtwo new elements, but I really don't see how a new Forme in any capacity would be the end of the world. Something good might actually be salvaged from this.

They should have spent time introducing something like Genesect's unmechanized state rather than bother with giving Mewtwo an unneeded forme. Assuming that thing is even real of course. It just comes off that they can't do anything new side from new formes, something which a lot of people are tired of by this point.

So, if this is an authentic leak, and this is something that isn't supposed to be revealed till June possibly, it'd be pretty annoying that we might have to wait that long to confirm this. I still think it's real...the only major part of it being fake is no solid source but, given where it's purported to be from (a leak of something that won't be revealed to the public till a later date), the lack of a solid source actually makes sense in this situation since the leaker obviously wouldn't say anything allowing them to be traced back. I know that's kind of a circular argument, but hey, pretty much every visual fake is quickly disproved in a matter of hours.

Of course, if this is what we're getting Saturday, it fits with Smash...

1. One board for the new poster.
2. One board for the Sugimori Art
3. In-game footage, which is what the other sites will update with.

And if it's not revealed Saturday, I imagine people will probably write it off as fake, but I'm not so sure. I'm definitely on board with this being real, the reaction towards it is basically a repeat of the Unova Starter leak and that, imo, speaks volumes lol.

That's assuming the "new Forme" is even real.

And we don't have any reason to believe that it is, at least not right now.

I can feel it here and now; the form is legit. Masuda's appearance on Smash, the bit about the next CoroCoro having something about the movie poster, the two empty hexagons on Mewtwo's profile, and the trailer's line about not knowing the real Mewtwo. Everything adds up.

Why so extreme? I hope that the design is fake and I could do without a Mewtwo Forme as I don't think such a gimmick is necessary for giving Mewtwo new elements, but I really don't see how a new Forme in any capacity would be the end of the world. Something good might actually be salvaged from this.

Why do extreme? Well, how to put it... For some Sonic OC, Deviantart tier Mewtwo form to actually be made is just disgusting. It represents the series reaching a new low. Is nothing sacred? Why must something of old that was already perfect be desecrated when brought back into the spotlight? It sets a very dangerous precedent. Are we going to see new forms out of nowhere for Kyogre and Groudon when RSE remakes inevitably happen, too?

I can feel it here and now; the form is legit. Masuda's appearance on Smash, the bit about the next CoroCoro having something about the movie poster, the two empty hexagons on Mewtwo's profile, and the trailer's line about not knowing the real Mewtwo. Everything adds up.
Just because a Mewtwo Forme is likely doesn't mean that the pictures are real.

Why do extreme? Well, how to put it... For some Sonic OC, Deviantart tier Mewtwo form to actually be made is just disgusting. It represents the series reaching a new low. Is nothing sacred? Why must something of old that was already perfect be desecrated when brought back into the spotlight? It sets a very dangerous precedent. Are we going to see new forms out of nowhere for Kyogre and Groudon when RSE remakes inevitably happen, too?
I don't like slippery slope arguments. In fact, I didn't like it when people argued that Gold and Silver shouldn't be remade because it would set precedent for Ruby and Sapphire to be remade in the following generation. That didn't happen, and I question any claim that it is bound to happen eventually.

I don't think it's in the cards at this moment, but I don't see why the idea of GameFreak remaking one of their mainline games is such a weird prospect. Ruby and Sapphire remakes will probably happen eventually, I mean maybe not this generation, but I think completely shutting down the possibility of it happening is equally nearsighted.

I don't think it's in the cards at this moment, but I don't see why the idea of GameFreak remaking one of their mainline games is such a weird prospect. Ruby and Sapphire remakes will probably happen eventually, I mean, but I think completely shutting down the possibility of it happening is equally nearsighted.
Except I didn't shut down the possibility. I just find it silly that people are still going on about their being inevitable.

I do agree that the people in the "If X/Y Is Canceled Thread..." wanting it to be canceled so we'll get RS Remakes (which makes absolutely zero sense) is taking it to a new, bizarre extreme. I mean, I love Hoenn, and would love remakes if simply to finally have up-to-date Ruby and Sapphire Sugimori Art, but at the same time I don't want it to cannibalize GameFreak's newer projects.

Anyway, back to Mewtwo, here's a mock-up of it:

Ot1fy4Cl.jpg

I don't quite see the big issue with its design, it's relatively simplistic and not an extreme jump, especially compared to the usual idea of "Mewthree" you see on Deviantart where he's got tons of spikes, tubes, and such. I also don't get the idea that New Forms somehow interfere with New Pokemon, we got the most New Pokemon ever in Gen V, yet still had time for plenty of Forms. In game play sense, there's a difference, but honestly I don't see how a New Form for Mewtwo is any less creative than a New Evolution for a Pokemon.

That mock-up version does make it look better, but I hope that it isn't actually metallic.

And heck, for all we know it could be an April Fools' prank.

That weird new design makes it look like Mewtwo's wearing one of those long bike helmets you see on Tour de France.

AIM FOR THE YELLOW SHIRT, MEWTWO

What gets me, if this forme is true, where didit come from. Did it come from Mew or a side affect from cloning?

Its tail became its hair.

Curse you cloning technology!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom