• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

Silktree said:
Zistal said:
I can feel it here and now; the form is legit. Masuda's appearance on Smash, the bit about the next CoroCoro having something about the movie poster, the two empty hexagons on Mewtwo's profile, and the trailer's line about not knowing the real Mewtwo. Everything adds up.

Just because a Mewtwo Forme is likely doesn't mean that the pictures are real.

Exactly.

I did an April Fool's prank a few years ago where I claimed that 4Kids replaced Jynx with a Glalie. Every episode featuring Jynx for the past few years had been edited to remove the character, and Kids' WB! had gotten a reputation for being more edit-happy than their international counterparts. When Kids' WB! got around to airing this part of the season (February 2006), they suspiciously skipped this episode and the ones surrounding it, and people could only think of one reason why. And they were pissed. Later, the first Jynx episode announced to debut on Kids' WB! on April 1st.

Knowing all this, I made up the fake comparison I linked to earlier. I knew that the idea of 4Kids replacing Jynx with a Glalie was feasible and one that fans could easily see them doing, and the recent brouhaha with Kids' WB! skipping the episodes really helped sell that idea. And you know what? I was right. A ton of people thought it was real, even those who had actually seen the episode for themselves earlier that morning.

I used existing facts to create a fake that was believable. Why shouldn't we assume that the same isn't being done here?

Last edited:

I don't think you giving an example of how you pranked people with a couple simple edits to screen-shots disproves this as being official though either.

The New Poster we got appears to be a simple edit, but there's little touches that aren't easy to do unless you had access to the individual elements. They completely removed the title and re-drew in parts of the characters, such as Ash, which weren't visible beforehand. Other elements, like Genesect and Oshawott, are also moved around rather smoothly. The background's shifted up. Mewtwo is completely removed and Newtwo is inserted behind all the elements which, if fake, would mean that the faker would have to erase everything and then redraw in Newtwo between all the characters without overlapping. Then you also have to factor in we got an additional picture that's not a simply copy-and-paste, as Newtwo is in a new pose and facing the opposite direction.

It's real, and I know I'm right. We should have an Avatar Bet on it Dogasu. Winner gets to choose an Avatar that the other user has to stick with till XY comes out. Deal?

Last edited:

No, because I'm less concerned with whether it's real or not and more concerned with the fact that it's now been nearly a week since that image was first posted and we *still* don't have a source for it. I can't be the only person who thinks that that's suspicious as fuck.

All the authentic leaks that weren't CoroCoro never had a solid source, presumably since the person who leaked them didn't want to be traced. The Unova Starters/BW Settei just popped up out of nowhere.

The idea I've seen is that it's the pre-order ticket pamphlet they distribute that someone obtained a copy of, perhaps thrown away or damage explaining the weird scratches and marks.

Well, I guess we just have to wait for KuroKuro or Smash to come out and say it's fake then. I really do think it's not real. But... then they did it with the Keredo poster, all they did was edit and it was real. But I have my doubts about Myuutwo.

Tendou Soujirou said:
All the authentic leaks that weren't CoroCoro never had a solid source

That doesn't make the lack of a source for this "Myuutwo Forme" even the tiniest bit acceptable.

Last edited:

I have information of this Mewtwo Form: It was made by the user Mr. XY in 2ch, thinking that they will pass as a ticket of the movie. The user admitted that it was a hard work to him, that he posted on 2chan (and not on 4chan) to make it more believable.

Sorry, but the lack of any placeholder in merchandise now that the three biggest companies has released a big part of merch doesn't scream a Mewtwo form.

I have information of this Mewtwo Form: It was made by the user Mr. XY in 2ch, thinking that they will pass as a ticket of the movie. The user admitted that it was a hard work to him, that he posted on 2chan (and not on 4chan) to make it more believable.
Mr. XY has zero reliability. If he had actually created the fake images, he would have proved it by providing the material he used.

Sorry, but the lack of any placeholder in merchandise now that the three biggest companies has released a big part of merch doesn't scream a Mewtwo form.
That's true enough, but even Sableye is notably missing from those merchandise items. It is possible that more items will be announced in a few weeks.

Right now we should all be wondering what secret CoroCoro is going to reveal about the movie poster. Whether or not the images are real is immaterial.

Tendou Soujirou said:
All the authentic leaks that weren't CoroCoro never had a solid source

That doesn't make the lack of a source for this "Myuutwo Forme" even the tiniest bit acceptable.

I kinda think to be more proof. I honestly think that the Myuutwo poster was fake because of how it came out. Anyone can be skilled at photoshop Don't underestimate them.

If the company edited it, the end result wouldn't look for green and blurry but that's just me. On the other hand, how could someone go through all the trouble to pay money (image editing is expensive!) just to prank people? It doesn't make sense.

I mean imaged editing costs alot and for this kind of prank.... I can see this (honorifics coming, ignore them) being a Masuda;chan kind of thing or maybe Iwane;chan.... who knows? But seriously for a fan to pull this off and spend money pranking people... it makes sense.

Tell me you found that a tad bit suspicious :eek:

Well you don't have to agree.

@Anyone,

The scans hasn't been confirmed real or fake yet.

What is clear is that Mr. XY has gotten a new low record of credibility. Because I don't see this idiot editing the official poster too well specially because if he made it, he knows quite a bit of Japanese and how edit things for a younger audience. And also he knows that this is intending to create fakes everywhere.

On the other hand, how could someone go through all the trouble to pay money (image editing is expensive!) just to prank people? It doesn't make sense.

I mean imaged editing costs alot and for this kind of prank.... I can see this (honorifics coming, ignore them) being a Masuda;chan kind of thing or maybe Iwane;chan.... who knows? But seriously for a fan to pull this off and spend money pranking people... it makes sense.
You'd be surprised at how many people are well-versed in computer graphics and have top tier image editing programs bought and installed for things other than pranks. Doesn't mean they don't use them for such things when they want to get a good laugh (April Fools).

Anyway, I found out the other day that the official OLM Website seems to support the fact that the title is meant to be translated as:

"ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

I assume this is considered official given that it comes from the company who produces the film, so hopefully this will stop the idea that it's meant to be "GodSpeed". Should the title of this thread be changed to the title OLM's using? It also seems "Kakusei" is meant to be translated as "awakened", simillar to another Nintendo "Kakusei" product. :p

Incidentally, there's actually a Kamen Rider film which uses the Godspeed as a pun on "speed"...and also stars a mechanical, red insect suit allowing the user to travel at incredibly fast speeds. :0

In case anyone saw this, it is fake. I've also posted it into the X and Y "Fake or real" thread. (because it has a connection to X and Y)

1365252737448_by_pokemon_diamond-d60mff8.jpg

Well, Mewtwo looks like friggin' Frieza...

Point taken.

Still, I take Freeza much more seriously as a character than Majin Boo, so that helps. :p

Incidentally, there's actually a Kamen Rider film which uses the Godspeed as a pun on "speed"...and also stars a mechanical, red insect suit allowing the user to travel at incredibly fast speeds. :0

There's also a Kamen Rider song called Kakusei.

New Mewtwo forme for the movie? Looks like it.

Yeah I guess Masuda-chan said that Myuutwo forme was real. It looks ugly but hey... it's real.
I stand corrected.

Pure insanity.

It seems whenever a logical form is to be expected, prepare for something else.

Complete Kyurem/Original Dragon -> Keldeo-R
Original Genesect -> Mewtwo The Hedgehog

Yeah, it's real guys. Though it's unclear whether it's a new Mewtwo forme or a new species. I mean, it certainly looks similar to Mewtwo and it's set to appear in this movie, so it's a giant possibility that it's at least related to the Mew line.

I'll be kind of peeved more if this is the reason they're showcasing the Mewtwo anime character in the movie rather than for the sake of it.

This might have been asked but what are the chances that New Tork City is the "far away city" that Mewtwo is shown to be in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom