• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

I'm not harping on it being fake. I'm harping on people being so quick to believe anything and everything that's posted on the Internet, especially when we still have no idea where the fuck this alleged poster came from.

It's shitty reporting no matter how you look at it.

Your post though implied that you still believe this pamphlet/poster, whatever you want to call it, is fake. Which, in this situation, is actually the unbelievable part. I honestly don't see why you're bringing up this debate now. And, well, hey maybe major sites shouldn't have reported on it, but for fans like myself and others, I saw the leak, none of the explanations for why and how it was faked seemed right, and I said it was real and, hey, it was. I based that on what I was presented with, I didn't believe anything and everything, my

If it's an authentic leak, which we now know it is, then you probably won't get a solid source because I imagine the person leaking it doesn't want to be found out. Just like the Unova Starters, we never found out who leaked the picture of them, but it was real. The explanation I've seen though is that this is the typical pamphlet given out for ticket pre-order tickets, and this version was a print error that someone got a hold of, explaining the weird scratches and cuts. By the 18th we'll probably see this posted for real when they update with the trailer Smash mentioned.

i wonder how people got that image before they showed it on smash? :eek:

maybe it is a real magazine scan but it's off topic.

me personally i think it is a fake. heres why

They've already revealed it though? Like, shown in game play.

i didnt say mewthree or mewtwos new form was fake i said i think the poster is fake

Haruhi.: i wonder how people got that image before they showed it on smash? :eek:

maybe it is a real magazine scan but it's off topic.

actually this is not off topic as it is discussing the movies poster thus it is still part of the movie meaning we are on topic

me personally i think it is a fake. heres why

They've already revealed it though? Like, shown in game play.

i didnt say mewthree or mewtwos new form was fake i said i think the poster is fake

Oh. I thought people still didn't believe in the new form. I was kind of confused.
I'm not sure about the poster being fake. I mean, it could be, but at the same time, it could still be real.
Even if it isn't real, I still expect the form/evolution/Pokemon to be in the next movie.

Posters and the Mewtwo Forme in the movie.
M16_Scan_1_zps1855c180.png

M16_Scan_2_zpsa667e5d6.png

M16_Scan_3_zpsbbf4c0e0.png

CoroCoro Manga adaption scans.

M16_Manga_1_zps2fc7a44e.png

M16_Manga_2_zpsf3d0fa4f.png

M16_Manga_3_zps9542f032.png

M16_Manga_4_zpsd533468a.png

M16_Manga_5_zps2f1685da.png

M16_Manga_6_zps1c61c7cc.png

M16_Manga_7_zps6445441c.png

M16_Manga_8_zps9ab6caf1.png

M16_Manga_9_zps71cad17c.png

M16_Manga_10_zps869a0f48.png

Last edited:
I want to know if Mewtwo's flashback is a reference to its creation or to something else. I don't see Dr. Fuji for some reason.

Ash patting Genesect is amusing.

tumblr_ml6jwajqOd1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml6jwajqOd1r1alb2o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml6jwajqOd1r1alb2o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml6jwajqOd1r1alb2o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml6jwajqOd1r1alb2o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml6jwajqOd1r1alb2o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml6jwajqOd1r1alb2o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml6jwajqOd1r1alb2o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml6jwajqOd1r1alb2o9_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml6jwajqOd1r1alb2o10_1280.jpg

Lovely. The Genesect can talk.

So our obligatory movie character is named Eric? Meh.

Wait a second. The picture where see Genesect's fossil shows its limbs look exactly the same as they do now. Grr...How cheap.

Also, where's Dr. Fuji.

Last edited:
That eric guy, his clothes are too stylized to be a simple CoTM. I wonder, new ranger game or something similar in the works? Anyway, Mewtwo's look is fitting for his new forme, if not too fitting. I know its the artstyle but still. Also, Genesect's are friendly? Wonder what happened all the sudden for them to turn.

That eric guy, his clothes are too stylized to be a simple CoTM. I wonder, new ranger game or something similar in the works? Anyway, Mewtwo's look is fitting for his new forme, if not too fitting. I know its the artstyle but still. Also, Genesect's are friendly? Wonder what happened all the sudden for them to turn.

he could of been one of the purple genesect and the only one we see attack the group is the red genesect so for all we know is the red one is evil and the otheres are helping the gang

I suspect that the normal Genesect are just being bossed around by their leader. They don't want to attack the city, but eventually they will.

I hope that Dr. Fuji's removal is just an adaptation deviation, which has been known to happen quite a lot. What's the point of a flashback to Mewtwo's creation unless it ties into the existing continuity?

i would think that five would overpower one
Four, as there are five Genesect in total. And that's how leadership works: The normal Genesect may rebel eventually, but it is quite possible that they're confused about their existence in the modern world, feeling that they have to trust their leader from ancient times.

It is also possible that just one of the four Genesect trusts people, but that would be a bit random since none of them should stand out.

Last edited:
ash riding another legendary
those things in the water are pre-historic plants?
the hive is a nice design, a mix between bees and wasps hives
several fossils of pre-historic genesect

I hope that Dogasu can give us a synopsis soon. There seems to be a lot going on in just the first chapter.

Is the Sableye confirmed to be a wild Pokemon, or could it belong to this Eric fella?

It is also possible that just one of the four Genesect trusts people, but that would be a bit random since none of them should stand out.

The concept was foreshadowed in the first trailer, where only four of the Genesect were shown to be constructing the hive and attacking people.

yeah, from the first image of genesect's fossil/fossil poke, its limbs look identical :/ which is a big disappoint. guess we'll never see the original fossil pokemon [unless the only drastic difference is it's head and lack of cannon-thing]. I hope the movie offers more than that.

also, ash is wicked friendly with that lone genesect, would it be possible [i know... no.] that ash captures his first legendary pokemon?!?!?! :( i can dream cant i? he befriends all of them but doesnt think to ask "hey, you're new to the world, wanna travel with me [and ensure my victory finally in a dang pokemon league]?"

Finally got regular Internet access back:

Tendou Soujirou said:
Your post though implied that you still believe this pamphlet/poster, whatever you want to call it, is fake.

No it didn't.

And, well, hey maybe major sites shouldn't have reported on it

You're right, they absolutely should not have.

Quite frankly I feel like those images got more attention than they deserved.

I said it was real and, hey, it was

So you got lucky. Congratulations.

Just like the Unova Starters, we never found out who leaked the picture of them, but it was real.

So therefore every unsourced image on the Internet must be real! The Isshu starters and this movie pamphlet thing weren't exceptions at all! :rolleyes:

Look, I went on about the lack of any source so much because it's the bare minimum we should be expecting when it comes to news like this. Seriously, people, demand sources. Don't believe anything and everything you see on the Internet. Don't be so gullible. Etc. etc.

Silktree said:
I want to know if Mewtwo's flashback is a reference to its creation

It is.

I hope that Dr. Fuji's removal is just an adaptation deviation, which has been known to happen quite a lot.

Not in the past few years they haven't. Momota Inoue's manga adaptations are really, really faithful.

What's the point of a flashback to Mewtwo's creation unless it ties into the existing continuity?

Could be a different Myuutwo, as little sense as that would make.

We still don't have any confirmation that Ichimura Masachika is returning to voice Myuutwo, by the way.

I hope that Dogasu can give us a synopsis soon. There seems to be a lot going on in just the first chapter.

I won't be able to until Monday at the earliest.

Also, the first chapter is 80 pages long, so it's not surprising that it covers a lot of ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom