• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M17: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

Apparently some people claim the Klefki short was on pokemon.com for a while during November... anyone knows if it's true? if it really happened then wow, shitty promotion.....

Well, digging through Pokemon's Twitter feed, the preview special definitely was, but no mention of Klefki, so if it was there it really wasn't promoted.

Yeah everyone knows about the prequel, but the Klefki short seemingly didn't get any sort of promotion, if it even really was there at all.

I just saw rhe movie at the theaters and saving my review for later.

Does anyone know where and when Alain appeared? Because I read he makes a cameo appearance, but I think I missed him ._. Has anyone seen him?

Who's claiming that the Pikachu special got dubbed?

I'm not sure if I'm "allowed" to link to that forum since it includes download links to the actual movie.... but someone who's also a member on here said that:

Got the movie's short? Apparently it was posted for limited time on pokemon.com again... :/
That's the point! People claimed it was, in fact, posted on Pokemon TV section sometime in November. I wondered if someone got it then.
(and it's been made clear that the discussed short is the Klefki one, not the movie prequel thing)
Again it's nothing confirmed, but apparently some claimed it was there... is there any way to maybe contact pokemon.com and ask them about it? maybe someone should do it cause it's so unfair if we'll never see it again when literally no one knew about it... (again, if that's even true at all)

Kyriaki said:
Does anyone know where and when Alain appeared? Because I read he makes a cameo appearance, but I think I missed him ._.

He doesn't. Astrid from the Mega Evolution special does make an appearance, however...maybe someone got the two of them confused?

Piplup said:
Again it's nothing confirmed, but apparently some claimed it was there...

Well then that's all there is to say about it, isn't it?

He doesn't. Astrid from the Mega Evolution special does make an appearance, however...maybe someone got the two of them confused?
If that's the case, then I guess someone made a mistake. The movie page on bulbapedia and Alain's profile page should be fixed since it says he makes a cameo.

It would have been cool if he appeared, though - with all the mega evolutions appearing in the ending sequence, it would have been nice.

Well I hope someone here would be able to confirm or deny it (although I guess it'd be hard to deny it unless anyone here checks pokemon.com's video daily... which I almost regret not doing now) or that maybe someone could try reaching them to ask about it...

Well I hope someone here would be able to confirm or deny it (although I guess it'd be hard to deny it unless anyone here checks pokemon.com's video daily... which I almost regret not doing now) or that maybe someone could try reaching them to ask about it...

The Klefki short's was never aired on Pokémon TV, for now ;)

The Klefki short's was never aired on Pokémon TV, for now ;)

Are you 100% sure? Did you check Pokémon TV every day during November? cause apparently it was only briefly up there without any promotion before being quickly removed... although I'm still yet to find any one of these people who supposedly reported seeing that..... (maybe I shouldn't hurry to believe that but who knows)

Piplup said:
Well I hope someone here would be able to confirm or deny it

The burden of proof is on the people who say that it did air. If they can't back up their claims then we have absolutely no reason to listen to them.

Going by the "apparently" and "people claimed" in Piplup's post, I'd say it's pretty obvious someone just saw the dub of the Diancie short and it morphed into "movie 17 short" and then further into "Cleffy short" somewhere along all the "I heard that someone said that someone said that someone said".

I don't know how to tag people... can someone please tag AtoMan here? and please explain it if you can AtoMan, cause I got this info from your post on another forum so maybe you can clear things up like who started this rumour and if they have any proof of it? (or at least if they're people we should trust?)

Actually it was something i heard from someone else, and it seems the person just assumed the short was there like the two previous ones... Sorry for confusion, anyway.

Actually it was something i heard from someone else, and it seems the person just assumed the short was there like the two previous ones... Sorry for confusion, anyway.

Oh, sure, that's ok! Sorry for even bringing you up here but you were my "source" haha...
I guess that's settled then: the Klefki short wasn't up on pokemon.com yet. just to be sure I'm gonna try to check it daily from now on so I won't miss it, although I imagine they'll promote it a bit once it's up like they're doing with the current mega evo shorts.

Well, I'm gonna cry. For some reason Pokémon TV isn't updated for me. I can only see Mega Evo shorts 1-2 (when supposedly there's up to 7 now? and unline the first two they're not on youtube so I don't have that alternative) and I can't see the Klefki short at all...

Just finished watching the short. It was really good!

The animation was pretty top of the notch for a short, which is a definite plus. I could have sworn Emily Jenness was the narrator of the short, she sounded so much like Dawn, but she doesn't appear in the credits. Seeing Klefki's powers in action was definitely cool and it's a lot cuter than I had imagined. When the first key hole got opened, it reminded me of the Passage of Time from PMD 2 with the multiple archways. The water orbs in Manaphy's world was a clever reference to M09. Seeing Tyrunt in this special only makes me question more why Ash couldn't have one on his team instead of, I don't know, Hawlucha? Boo on Darkrai's 10 second cameo! But it was a bit weird that Klefki completely forgot how long the keyholes stay before disappearing, that's kinda something you should remember when you're having visitors. That moment when the key back to the real world got lost in the mountain of keys. The ending song "The Key To Me" was just so catchy! They did a great job on that number!

Overall, very good short. A lot better than the previous BW shorts, and since I'm a big BW fan, that's saying something. I would love this short to accompany the movie on DVD, which is being released in two weeks, but if history repeats itself, that won't be the case. So I urge everyone to watch it on Pokémon TV while you can! 8/10

I liked the short too, though I felt like the music was too loud in the mix (I was listening on headphones-I may try again on a speaker system and see how it sounds). I assume the score is similar to that of the main feature.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom