• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M17: The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie ・ PK26: Pikachu, What's This Key For?

Holy crap I loved how the movie opened with Eureka and Serena saying hello. Animation is beautiful! I love the slide park scene with all the Pokemon! But why coudn't Horubi and the bird be included? :/

Similarly to your thread for the movie's prequel, that what happens when most or all of us can't really watch this... the other thread gained replies after a link for watching was posted - I'm sure people will discuss the movie once they can watch it. I know we can still read summaries and such, but I guess most of us don't have much to say over it... forums in general are sort of dying, and people aren't as excited over the movies now that we mostly know what to expect from them... so I'm not really surprised there's lack of discussions over it...

Anyway, I read your summary and... I'm a bit confused -- did Diancie create its mega stone at the end? in that case, how did in mega evolve earlier? or are we supposed to believe that's been the mega stone all the time that Dedenne held to and that due to it being close to Diancie and together with the "bond" it had with the twerps, that allowed it to mega evolve? although there's a missing ingredient there: a key stone... I know that the movies suck about handling the forms thing (see Kyurem and Mewtwo in the last two movies) but from reading the summary it feels almost like they WANTED to justify it mega evolving but didn't really think it through...?

...I'm honestly more interested in how they handled mega evo than I am in the actual plot, I guess that's how many others feel too which again explains the lack of discussion (oh, and your comment about Xerneas just calming down Yveltal in a moment without any battle or... something... happening there, really just sounds like a joke)

Piplup said:
Similarly to your thread for the movie's prequel, that what happens when most or all of us can't really watch this...

Except that's never stopped Review Threads from popping up before. I mean last year half the thread was just people having a hate boner over the new Mewtwo but there was still a lot of "I heard that this happened" and "How was the so-and-so?" and "Can anyone confirm if so-and-so appeared?" These threads serve a purpose.

Someone was just slacking off this year, that's all.

I'm a bit confused -- did Diancie create its mega stone at the end? in that case, how did in mega evolve earlier? or are we supposed to believe that's been the mega stone all the time that Dedenne held to and that due to it being close to Diancie and together with the "bond" it had with the twerps, that allowed it to mega evolve?

I can't think of any other explanation that makes more sense.

although there's a missing ingredient there: a key stone... I know that the movies suck about handling the forms thing (see Kyurem and Mewtwo in the last two movies) but from reading the summary it feels almost like they WANTED to justify it mega evolving but didn't really think it through...?

I don't think it's a case of "didn't really think it through" and is more "hey, at least we're *trying* this time." Quite frankly I find the way Keystones are represented in the TV series to be quite clunky (some game mechanics can just stay in the games) so I'm not upset over it not being "accurate" in this movie.

(oh, and your comment about Xerneas just calming down Yveltal in a moment without any battle or... something... happening there, really just sounds like a joke)

Or, it sounds almost exactly like the ending to last year's movie :p

Something I forgot.

The shot of Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu turned to stone in all the trailers isn't in the actual movie itself. The trio *does* get turned to stone, but when they do they're doing the fearhug thing, not standing apart looking shocked the way they are in the trailers.

Please note that the BMGf rules state:
6. Don't ask for or provide illegal pokémon content (Copyright Violation, 4 points, 2 months)
-This includes emulators, roms, full episode downloads/streams and similar (short clips are allowed).
-This also include advertising or asking about fan-made games, illegal manga scans, or fansubs.

Anyone asking and/or providing links to unofficial recorded clips of the movie may be subject to a Copyright Violation infraction.

Should have expected this, but it's really a bummer for the trailers to play up Ayaka so much when she's apparently regelated to a cameo.

So Mega Absol vs. Mega Scizor (in the trailer) never happened in the official release...

I don't get why the studio would waste money animating a scene that wouldn't be in the film.

Ampharos King said:
I don't get why the studio would waste money animating a scene that wouldn't be in the film.

Animation Studio A doesn't have enough completed footage ready for the trailer so they ask Animation Studio B to create some filler footage to use in the meantime. Said filler footage ends up not being used in the movie for various reasons.

Happens every year.

vice-san said:
Hey who have seen the movie already, they used xy animé BGM in the movie??

The theme that plays whenever the Rocket trio is plotting something, Citron's invention theme (which looks like it'll be Track 20 on the soundtrack, so yay), and Luchabre's theme music are all in the movie. I think that's it but there might be something I'm forgetting.

Should have expected this, but it's really a bummer for the trailers to play up Ayaka so much when she's apparently regelated to a cameo.

That's nothing new. Remember Malin and Proof... I thought those two were going to play more substantial roles in their films than they actually did.

Interesting thing to note is that Diancie has the power to create Mega Stones by using Fairy Aura. The Diamond that Diancie handed to Bonnie had the Mega Symbol embedded into it and eventually became it's Mega Stone.

Also the Mega Evolution animation for Diancie was beautiful.

I managed to see the PIkachu short and OMG LITLEOOOOO!!! OMG LITLEO WAS TOO CUTE! The whole short in general was adorable1 I'm gonna wait for the dub of the movie though, but quick question...Has anyone spotted the mother and daughter that appear in like every movie since the Lucario and Mew one?

I think I'll wait for the dub version to see it, so I have no idea what happened. But is it good? I've seen every movie from Mewtwo to Darkrai and Pokémon never disappoints (I've yet to see BW movies, but I will!)

I think I'll wait for the dub version to see it, so I have no idea what happened. But is it good? I've seen every movie from Mewtwo to Darkrai and Pokémon never disappoints (I've yet to see BW movies, but I will!)

I'll pass on the dub. As TPCi does not produce a good dub. I'm gonna buy the Japanese Blu-ray.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom