• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M18: The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Movie 18

This is hardly an "announcement". The person doesn't even mention what the teaser actually showed.

Let's just keep the Movie 13 teaser in mind, as well as the first Movie 17 poster which ended up not having much to do with the movie itself.

I'm pretty sure that Zygarde and one the of the event Pokémon will be the real stars.

We also know next to nothing about the person "reporting" this "news." Can his friend actually understand spoken Japanese? Do we know whether or not this "low profile person" is able to distinguish between a game commercial that uses animated footage and a new movie announcement? Isn't "my friend said he saw this" the oldest line in the book?

Playerking said:
I've got another image, I'm just not sure if I'm allowed to post it, because of what happened a the movie 13 premiere.

Yeah, don't. It was a really fucking stupid thing for you-know-who to do back then and it's a bad idea to do now.

Fake or not, I wouldn't mind the 18th movie being a movie about ORAS's story with them doing something similar like they did with Victini's movie having two movies with differences. It would have to be an AU like Origins, which I wouldn't mind it being like as well instead of the yearly movie.

Yeah, I'm not sure how reliable this information is. I really can't see them releasing any details about the next movie before the Diancie movie is released. Besides that, we don't know anything about the person who is making this claim, so it could be fake for all we know. I'll close the thread for now. If we get any confirmation that this next movie will be about OR/AS, then the thread will be re-opened.

Movie 18: Primal Groudon vs. Primal Kyogre

Following the Diancie movie, the preview trailer for Movie 18 indicated that the next movie will feature Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Although the teaser didn't show much (the two simply roar apparently), and they can't even be especially trusted to accurately display what will appear in the next film (don't forgot, the teaser trailer following the Arceus movie indicated that Ho-oh and Lugia would appear when they didn't) it does indicate at least that the film will have a heavy Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire influence and to be honest, I imagine they will be appearing.

Anyway, what kind of things would you guys like to see in a XY/ORAS movie?

Movie 18: Primal Groudon vs. Primal Kyogre

This just feels like how the first teaser for movie 13 showed Ho-Oh and Lugia clashing. Most likely, this movie will star Hoopa and Zygarde's supermegachocolate Forme change for whatever games are coming after OR/AS

Re: Movie 18: Primal Groudon vs. Primal Kyogre

I can see Mega Latias and Latios having a secondary role here. Primal Groudon and Kyogre? It would make much more sense if they appeared in a special around ORAS' release.

I do wish I'd ended the thread title with a question mark to be honest... but although I do see Hoopa and/or Zygarde appearing I still imagine a heavy ORAS focus in this, similar to the Arceus and Zoroark films.

I do wish I'd ended the thread title with a question mark to be honest... but although I do see Hoopa and/or Zygarde appearing I still imagine a heavy ORAS focus in this, similar to the Arceus and Zoroark films.
There wasn't a heavy focus on HGSS in either movie considering that the stars weren't Pokémon from those games. Celebi had a somewhat notable role, but there was no better event Pokémon to distribute at the time. Now there are two.

There wasn't a heavy focus on HGSS in either movie considering that the stars weren't Pokémon from those games. Celebi had a somewhat notable role, but there was no better event Pokémon to distribute at the time. Now there are two.

The Arceus movie had two legendary Pokemon to promote, but still found time to do some decent HGSS promotion with the Johto starters and the Notched-Ear Pichu. There's no reason this film can't pull it off too. Besides, Game Freak will be keen to promote Primal Groudon and Kyogre I'm guessing.

The Arceus movie had two legendary Pokemon to promote, but still found time to do some decent HGSS promotion with the Johto starters and the Notched-Ear Pichu. There's no reason this film can't pull it off too.
Yes, they can pull off minor appearances just fine. It isn't really worth discussing, and it's far less effective promotion-wise when it's done nearly a year after the respective game release. The better question is why Mega Diancie is the only ORAS promotion in the current movie.

Besides, Game Freak will be keen to promote Primal Groudon and Kyogre I'm guessing.
A movie is hardly the only way to do that.

Most likely, this movie will star Hoopa and Zygarde's supermegachocolate Forme change
Supermegachocolate Forme change?

Anyway I don't know how much of the trailer can be trusted but we should consider the possibility that Primal Groudon & Kyogre will star in it but at the same time we shouldn't let our hopes get too high.

I agree with everyone that Kyogre and Groudon probably won't be the protagonists, because there are already a lot of potencial protagonists for this movie, based on previous patterns:

-Jirachi (20% chance)
-Deoxys (25% chance)
-Mega Lati@s (50% chance)
-Hoopa (90% chance)
-Zygarde (99% chance)

At the most, I see Kyogre and Groudon playing similar roles to M9 Kyogre and M11 Regigigas.

Nothing new... /teaser-esque
(thanks to bluesun) "Pokemon the movie XY: The Second Movie confirmed to be in cinemas Summer 2015! We're waiting for you in the cinema!"
EW0uD0D.jpg

Last edited:

If it does feature Groudon and Kyogre I think it would be fitting if Volcanion to be the featured event legendary because of its typing.

I'd personally prefer it if Hoopa got put in the Pikachu movie because look at how cute it is!
hoopa.png

Last edited:

Hoopa (or Volcanion, if Hoopa will be part of the Pikachu short, which I see as more likely) and Zygarde are the only legendaries I can see being in this movie.

Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre are advertised only because of ORAS hype, much like Lugia and Ho-Oh were for HGSS hype for M13 (in 2009).

Fake or not, I wouldn't mind the 18th movie being a movie about ORAS's story with them doing something similar like they did with Victini's movie having two movies with differences. It would have to be an AU like Origins, which I wouldn't mind it being like as well instead of the yearly movie.

Not gonna lie, if it's an Origins-esque special I will be on it like a fat man on chips.

But yeah, I do see either the Eon MEGAs or the Nidhogg as main focus, if only because Ground on already had a hugerole as the wish demon in the Jirachi film.

I know this most likely means nothing, just like the Ho-Oh/Lugia teaser... but I still think there's a chance for this actually meaning something...
Volcanion is a blatant reference to Groudon/Kyogre, I can see a movie linking them together... supposedly the next event to reveal is Hoopa, but I can see a Movie 15 situation where Meloetta got shoved in the short while Keldeo got the actual movie... maybe we can have a short starring Hoopa and possibly Latias/Latios, with the actual movie focusing on Volcanion and Groudon/Kyogre, while Zygarde gets the third and probably final XY movie together with a next gen pkmn?
It's hard to be too sure of anything right now, but they probably will want to feature Primal Groudon/Kyogre in the anime somehow and I don't really see it happening in the actual show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom