• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M18: The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the hell did Arceus come from? No, a better question is why the hell is the movie explaining something only hinted at in-game? But still, Arceus? That was random.

Wow. A legendary packed movie. I never seen that coming before. I bet the distortion would be really outstanded by this one.

So, I'm assuming the plot will be that Hoopa wrangles up all these legendary, Arceus gets pissed off, and decides to lay down the law of god. Hoopa isn't happy, goes unbounded, and there's a major fight. Arceus wins in the end, hoopa is sorry for the shenanigans, and everyone is brought back to their universe. I can see it happening, or at least some of that being true. I can also assume this will be somewhat the plot of whatever the hell they have planned for the DLC, if there is any for ORAS.

It would be nice if this movie was going to be a continuation of the Diamond and Pearl films, but again, the chances of that happening are next to unlikely. And if Arceus does appear with at least a minor role, there's a 98% chance that it will not be the same one from M12.

And the film being packed with Legendary Pokémon? Again, only M15 ever got this close. Fingers crossed this will be good, even if the non-exclusive cast is restricted to Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket.

Another thing I don't understand is the reveal plan. Usually the December mon gets something new in February, at least for the interim film, along with the main event mon. Here we got the mascots of ORAS in December, Hoopa in January, which usually holds nothing, and then a random Arceus in February. I can only assume this means Unbounded Hoopa is gonna be the big May reveal, but for once the Main event legendary also seems to be the only Legendary the movie is truly focusing on(at least going by the title), so why the wait?

Here we got the mascots of ORAS in December, Hoopa in January, which usually holds nothing, and then a random Arceus in February. I can only assume this means Unbounded Hoopa is gonna be the big May reveal, but for once the Main event legendary also seems to be the only Legendary the movie is truly focusing on(at least going by the title), so why the wait?
They wanted this month's reveal to be about Arceus and all the other legendaries, so they revealed Hoopa earlier and will reveal its Forme later. I don't see why it matters.

I dunno...it's happened plenty of times that things shown in promotional material was different or didn't happen in the final product. Remember: the Movie Division is totally winging it.

Shoot, chances are good those other Legendaries could just as well appear for a few seconds in the World of Pokémon scene.

In fact, some of those in that picture look like they were lifted from previous movie posters... :-/

I'm still so confused about Hoopa, lol.

I'm guessing it can open up to any kind of world like in that Klefki short, its the perfect example of what this movie is about, I hope

Maybe there'll be a plot twist, Hoopa is using Ash to capture all legendaries to turn himself into Unbound Hoopa? Who knows?

Wow, this whole legendary thing just absolutely reeks of desperation.

IKR
they could have at least given us rarer legendaries like Manaphy or Jirachi, but no we get Darkrai last year ?_<

I dunno...it's happened plenty of times that things shown in promotional material was different or didn't happen in the final product. Remember: the Movie Division is totally winging it.

Shoot, chances are good those other Legendaries could just as well appear for a few seconds in the World of Pokémon scene.

In fact, some of those in that picture look like they were lifted from previous movie posters... :-/
Nah, the arts are all new, just they did keep some consistency, like Arceus' golden sparkles.

Wow, this whole legendary thing just absolutely reeks of desperation.

Oh, I don't know. I wouldn't say "desperation". More like things just got out of hand yet again.

IKR
they could have at least given us rarer legendaries like Manaphy or Jirachi, but no we get Darkrai last year ?_<

That's because Dakrai won a poll. The people demanded it!

Oh, I don't know. I wouldn't say "desperation". More like things just got out of hand yet again.

IKR

That's because Dakrai won a poll. The people demanded it!

i know i know, still though, then again, even if jirachi or manaphy did win, us americans would get screwed as we always do with Jirachi
OT i know sorry

The Hell? I came late to this thread, and just saw all the legendaries. Is it possible most won't appear. I mean, the initial trailers are never anything like the movie. Remember Zorua's movie, with the evil ash clone, and Ho-Oh fighting with Lugia.

If not, then this will be one weird ass movie.

After reading a bit more about Hoopa, I'm still leaning towards my 'plot twist' prediction, lol

There must be more to bringing in all the previous legendary Pokemon together than 'desperation' ._.

Maybe there'll be a plot twist, Hoopa is using Ash and the Legendary Pokemon to turn himself into Unbound Hoopa? Who knows?

New poster for the movie.
itctMZ0.jpg

Edit: Bigger artwork
eCgf6DI.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom