• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from the prequel manga, Marshadow is quite a boring character. I wonder what will prompt it to use its Z-move, though. I suspect that the reason it's looking for Ho-Oh is to master its Z-move without a trainer.

Judging from the prequel manga, Marshadow is quite a boring character. I wonder what will prompt it to use its Z-move, though. I suspect that the reason it's looking for Ho-Oh is to master its Z-move without a trainer.
You have a link to the manga?

Some people on SPPf are being mindlessly aggressive to anyone pointing out that the movie is a weird way to capitalize on Kanto nostalgia.

We don't even know that Ash has any of his original Pokemon barring Pikachu, Charizard and Butterfree, and it seems that at least Charizard (maybe Butterfree) won't have the same characterization as before.

I'm still hoping that this movie is not a reboot and happening between XY and SM.

Good luck with that. They would have confirmed that by now, and the trailer showed Makoto reacting to Team Rocket in a Pokemon Center just as in the second episode. More to the point, Ash has a Butterfree again...

Even though the two were at odds with one another, their friendship deepened little by little, and as they looked up at the legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh that flew through the sky on the day they set off, Ash and Pikachu swore an oath as they held one of its Rainbow Wings: "Let's go meet it together one day!" And thus, Pikachu and Ash, who set off on his journey to become the world's greatest Pokémon Master, end up meeting the Trainers Makoto and Soji on their way before getting told a legend concerning Ho-Oh.
This makes it clear that there is no massive gaps between the events.

Ash's apparent lack of interest in the league (he seems to treat it as a side thing) is consistent with his SM persona. Definitely not the OS-XY one.

Last edited:
Yeah, but they'd enjoyed Makoto speculation (lol) for a couple of months until the adult-only premiere got them bent out of shape again.

Apparently, anything and anyone missing from the movie were never important or nostalgic.

Last edited:
Do anyone here think the adult-only M20 premiere will be successful?

I can't help but doubt about that. As they wanted the old fans who loved Pokemon since beginning to come back, yet, the direction of the latest SM saga seems to drive away those old fans.
This is just the most hilarious contradiction.

Good luck with that. They would have confirmed that by now, and the trailer showed Makoto reacting to Team Rocket in a Pokemon Center just as in the second episode.
You mean the trailer that we can't trust because of the obvious reasons? For all we know, Team Rocket isn't even gonna appear in this movie.

I wonder how these old fans would react if they watch Best Wishes...

And they surely wouldn't like a movie with Brock and Misty.

They're doing early adult only movie screenings? Interesting. Hoping for dem leaks XD

Anyway, I'm far more interested in that Luxray from the promotional images. Super unlikely, but I hope Ash owns it :D. I could easily see it belonging to Soji or Makoto, but I really want to see Ash with a Luxray.:D

I'm leaning towards Soji owning the Luxray with Jigglypuff being owned by Makoto.

EDIT: Not sure about the Spearow and Pidgey. Their inclusion in the little poster for the Marshadow distribution is a bit odd.

Pretty sure that the "download this mythical!" artworks always include minor Pokemon.

Ash having only three Pokemon is shameful.

Pretty sure that the "download this mythical!" artworks always include minor Pokemon.

Judging from other posters, Ash would also have Squirtle and Bulbasaur. And possibly Gengar or Lapras depending on who gets the prominence.

Though I do say that I am amused that Butterfree gets a prominent focus in the movie when really, it was supposed to be released by this point. Goes to show ya how a movie can dramatically affect Ash's regular journey from the series.

You mean that one poster. Everything else, including merchandise, only indicates the confirmed three.

Still it puts Gengar and Lapras to 'possible' status. Ash having ONLY 3 Pokemon is not confirmed.

You seem to have a 'I pick what I like and rest is invalid' policy about what is and is not true.

Last edited:
You mean that one poster. Everything else, including merchandise, only indicates the confirmed three.

Bulbasaur and Squirtle appeared in the Ho-Oh poster. They also appeared in the 151 posters with them prominently be in display. Really, you honestly think they'll forget the other two Kanto starters? In fact, I dare say it is much better than the first movie's display of Ash's Pokémon, which was just Pikachu and the Kanto Starters (Pidgeotto never appeared). This time we get a Butterfree along with Pikachu and the Kanto Starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom