• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is a few new changes in the movie compare to the episode. I am not really feeling this movie. I am all about the usual movies we had.

Careful though, some people will make you out as a 'hater' just for having a differing opinion. Watch out for those people.
I know i should give this movie s chance but it doesn't feel right to me. It is better off as a pokemon special. This is just my opinion.

This movie is actually a lot like the previous nine... At the end of the day, it is just a legendary fest thinly veiled as a nostalgic movie.

And I guess that they got a clue that spoiling the entire plot via the manga might not be the best idea. But they've gone to the opposite extreme of keeping information very bare.

Last edited:
I think that if we wanted to see Ash start off his journey, we can just see it on dvd and online.

There is another anime movie (other than the Ghibli-inspired one) that I think deserves more success than Movie 20 does: The fourth Yokai Watch movie.

It is a notable departure from the previous movies and ongoing anime about 10 years old Nate. Taking place 30 years later, Nate is now an adult who has lost his Yokai-seeing ability, and so a new generation of kids take his place. The tone is darker, with the yokai having two types of new forms: life-side and shadow-side. Obviously, a good vs. evil battle is going to take place.

The reason for the departure is clear: The third Yokai Watch was a flop compared to the first two (the first exceeding any Pokemon movie, and the second exceeding any after the first two), and yet it pulled the same numbers as the Volcanion movie. So while the Yokai Watch franchise is taking a bold new step to the original target audience who are now teenagers, Pokemon is basically just inserting Ho-Oh, Charizard and Butterfree into the same type of movie as before. The plot doesn't look remotely special.

I know which movie I'm rooting for, and I am not even a Yokai Watch fan (which could change if the next games are anything like the movie).

Last edited:
INB4 It's revealed the narrator is an older Ash telling to his children of his adventures and how he finally met Ho-Oh.
It makes sense if Serena is the mom cause in the future they would become a couple..maybe I am searching too deep

It makes sense if Serena is the mom cause in the future they would become a couple..maybe I am searching too deep

It was never said that Ash and Serena would become a couple, just that you were intended to hope that Serena's love would come to fruition in the future.

Her sendoff was deliberately left ambiguous.

It was never said that Ash and Serena would become a couple, just that you were intended to hope that Serena's love would come to fruition in the future.

Her sendoff was deliberately left ambiguous.

Would never happen.
Ash is too dense for that to happen.

INB4 It's revealed the narrator is an older Ash telling to his children of his adventures and how he finally met Ho-Oh.
Yes, because we should all care about an adult version of an alternate Ash. That is not how flashforwards usually work.

It is a notable departure from the previous movies and ongoing anime about 10 years old Nate. Taking place 30 years later, Nate is now an adult who has lost his Yokai-seeing ability, and so a new generation of kids take his place. The tone is darker, with the yokai having two types of new forms: life-side and shadow-side. Obviously, a good vs. evil battle is going to take place.
Sounds like a fanfic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom