• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think XY tracks are very necessary, especially from a long-term viewpoint. That series just ended so they aren't very nostalgic and wouldn't be as impactful in the film as say a Johto piece. Plus the sound mixers still use XY (and BW?) music in the main tv series so it's best to have as many OS-DP tracks in this soundtrack.

I mean, well, yeah. Most of it is OS music, and rightfully so. Didn't stop Miyazaki from throwing a BW track in here, haha.

I just doubt an XY track would hurt, either. I also had forgotten at the time of my last post, but DP is actually already a big part of this movie with the ending theme being Oracion based and all, so I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be so prominent in the movie proper.

Honestly... I just want XY music in this movie so that something else from the series is officially released in some capacity. Apart from the Route 4 and Trainer Battle themes that showed up briefly in some of the XY movies, that is.

Until Original Soundtrack Best 2010-20?? is released, I'll take what I can get. ._.

That's fair, I had forgotten the BW and onward music has largely been unreleased. I know it wasn't in the movie but it would have been nice to see the Lumiose City theme show up.

Honestly the best thing that has come out of this movie is the BGM, assuming it will eventually be used in the series. But knowing how they operate it wouldn't surprise me if they end up NOT using any of these in the main anime for whatever shit reason they could have.

Don't confound prominent focus with importance, because at the end of the day no one is as important as Ash, Pikachu and TRio.

The soundtrack is something else honestly! I didn't believe that Miyazaki could create new iterations of the classic tracks which were both faithful to the original and fresh, but he's done it! So disappointed that the original Rocket motto music wasn't allowed to get done :-(

The English Dub of Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! will receive a 2-day limited theatrical release
on Sunday, November 5, 2017 and Monday, November 6. 2017. More details are coming soon.
Makoto and Souji's English dub names are Verity and Sorrel, respectively.
The film's run time is 1 hour and 35 minutes.
Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! | Fathom Events

Press release:
BusinessWire said:
The new animated film Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You!, based on the globally popular Pokémon brand, is coming to movie theaters around the world for two days this November. The Pokémon Company International announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Fathom Events, the recognized leader in event cinema distribution, for international theatrical rights (outside of Asia) to the highly-anticipated movie.

Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! is an origin story highlighting Ash and Pikachu’s first meeting and their adventures as they search for the Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh. The iconic pair encounter familiar faces along the way, new characters including Trainers Verity and Sorrel, and even a mysterious new Mythical Pokémon, Marshadow. Challenges and epic Pokémon battles abound in this unique new story about the beginning of one of the most beloved friendships in popular culture.

“As an origin story, Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! is the perfect way for a new generation of Pokémon fans to experience the beginning of Ash and Pikachu’s friendship, and it offers longtime fans an exciting new look into the start of their epic adventures,” said Colin Palmer, Vice President of Marketing at The Pokémon Company International. “We’re excited to work with Fathom Events, whose expertise in unique theatrical event activations will offer families and fans the opportunity to come together and experience the excitement of Pokémon animation on the big screen.”
Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! will be shown in movie theaters for two days only, on Sunday, November 5, and Monday, November 6, 2017, in select international markets. More details, including screening times and special offers, will be available soon. The movie is already winning over crowds of moviegoers in Japan, where the franchise began, as it opened at the top of the charts for its first weekend.

“Fathom Events is thrilled to work with The Pokémon Company International to bring Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! to the U.S. and international event cinema markets,” Fathom Events CEO-elect Ray Nutt said. “We can’t wait to deliver a high-caliber Pokémon cinema event that fans around the world won’t want to miss.”

More information, including participating theater locations, ticketing dates, and event details, will be available soon on www.FathomEvents.com. Parents and fans can visit the site now to sign up and receive updates and details about the upcoming limited theatrical release.

To learn more about Pokémon animation, visit www.Pokemon.com and join the conversation on social media with #PokemonIChooseYou.

Last edited:
One has to ask if Veronica Taylor has ever been contacted for one more role reprisal.... Just for this special occasion.

Of course, one also has to ask if they are ever going to release this in the original Japanese with subs. I know it could be done.

Probably going to be handled by Fathom Events, I shouldn't wonder...

What a shite looking logo. TPCI have proven they can do far better than this.

As for the dub itself, expect to see your favourite tracks to be thrown out the window and replaced with cheap tatty sounding trash.
Here's hoping it is shown in a nearby cinema here in the UK, would love to watch it
Oh yes and please please TPCI, let Manga do a cinema release for us here.

I wish I could say I want to see this for the sadistic pain/pleasure it would cause me, but honestly? If I can see it in the cinema,
PURE UNADULTERATED HYPE!

I'm actually a little surprised it's getting a limited release. I definitely won't pay to see it but nice for the people who wanted to watch it in a theater.

The dub logo is absolutely atrocious. The movie logos are usually pretty cool...this is really the best they could do for an anniversary movie? Also, the names Verity and Sorrel are just terrible.

I don't know if I'll bother seeing the dub, the soundtrack is what interests me most and we can guess pretty accurately how that's gonna go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom