• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The font for the movie poster is really disappointing - I was checking the past fonts used for the English dub's version of the film posters, and they're effortful, whereas this font seems kind of rough to me as well as uninspired. Since TPCi implements cues from the design choices in font from the Japanese film poster, such as including the winged effect to the letters, I wish they had also adopted the pretty azure-like colour of the font as opposed to that block off-white. I like the minimalism, which keeps in theme with the Japanese logo too.

lol I laughed so hard when I saw this tweet a few weeks ago.

Satoshi: Souji... Makoto? I don't know you people!
Makoto: What are you saying? We've been together forever!
Souji: Look, this is a photo of the 20th anniversary party we had last month.
Satoshi: ! ....But surely I had other companions... Take... Kasu... Ugh! My head!
Souji: Here's a warning. Don't think too hard.

But really, the best part of Pokemoa's tweet about that scan is this reply right here.

View: https://twitter.com/LoveNEKOHyskoa/status/884333906165514240

Last edited:
lol I laughed so hard when I saw this tweet a few weeks ago.

Satoshi: Souji... Makoto? I don't know you people!
Makoto: What are you saying? We've been together forever!
Souji: Look, this is a photo of the 20th anniversary party we had last month.
Satoshi: ! ....But surely I had other companions... Take... Kasu... Ugh! My head!
Souji: Here's a warning. Don't think too hard.

But really, the best part of Pokemoa's tweet about that scan is this reply right here.

View: https://twitter.com/LoveNEKOHyskoa/status/884333906165514240

I do admit, that's a bit dark for humor considering the context of that scene.

Not surprised. We've known for years that TPCi doesn't cave under fan pressure.

I don't have a problem with Natochenny's (current) Ash voice, so this isn't a deal breaker for me. I know others do, but I hope they wait for a trailer to drop at least before they pass judgment call.

No thanks. I'm not spending a dime to support her.

I'm hoping the horrible voices and non sensical plot and no Misty and Brock has people walk out of the theaters. I'd enjoy that very much.

After finally giving the OST a good listen, I would say that this is definitely Shinji Miyazaki's best movie soundtrack since the Keldeo film. Honestly, the only real complaint I have is that so many of the really good tracks are just too short.

No thanks. I'm not spending a dime to support her.

I'm hoping the horrible voices and non sensical plot and no Misty and Brock has people walk out of the theaters. I'd enjoy that very much.

^This is top-level petty right here.

^This is top-level petty right here.
I mean, it's his decision not to spend money on the dub. It's his wallet.
I do admit, that's a bit dark for humor considering the context of that scene.
There's a FMA parody out there of Satoshi (as Ed), punching Citron (as Tucker) for fusing Eureka and Dedenne. With Serena as Al.

It's so bad how such a horrific and tragic scene became such a meme. lol

Last edited:
I mean, it's his decision not to spend money on the dub. It's his wallet.

There's a FMA parody out there of Satoshi (as Ed), punching Citron (as Tucker) for fusing Eureka and Dedenne. With Serena as Al.

It's so bad how such a horrific and tragic scene became such a meme. lol

Oh, I know that one. And that comic was hard to look at.

Were people still expecting the 4kids actors would be in this...?

This movie really doesn't seem to be the nostalgia fest we originally thought it would be, despite what marketing would have us believe. Id get the outrage slightly more if the original cast was in this but this movie doesn't have the OS vibe so it's not weird that the TPCi voice actors are in this.

Well that and all the other obvious reasons too.

Were people still expecting the 4kids actors would be in this...?

This movie really doesn't seem to be the nostalgia fest we originally thought it would be, despite what marketing would have us believe. Id get the outrage slightly more if the original cast was in this but this movie doesn't have the OS vibe so it's not weird that the TPCi voice actors are in this.

Well that and all the other obvious reasons too.

I wouldn't say expecting, but rather hoping. It was a long-shot and the only way to ever hope for Veronica Taylor to reprise her role as Ash is for her to hint it on her Twitter or Facebook account.

People can dream, can they?

Goldfarb's most likely returning for the Movie 20 dub according to two sources on Twitter, but again, I'm not angry at him because he's probably being asked to do so by TPCi. Taylor etc. will never, ever return by now, I preferred (and still prefer) them as much as the next person over TPCi's voice cast(s) in anything, but the minute TPCi got the rights was the minute we lost them forever as Ash and co. imo.

Logo looks like it was done in MS Paint, I'm sorry.

Verity is fine, but I don't like Sorrel.

I do feel terrible for Veronica Taylor and the others, but that's the way the cookie has crumbled. Regardless, I will wait for the Japanese Version because this would be too painful for me to endure dubbed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom