• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a feeling that instead of a mythical pokemon they will give out the ash pikachus with the pikashinium z only thing i wonder is what would they do to make this not just a rerun hmmmm

Okay to be fair I misunderstood what was being said in this thread but I have seen posts on places like Tumblr saying they want/think this will happen which....okay

If Serena replaces Misty, she'll be Leaf from Pokémon :p

But I don't think Tumblr is the best place to know Serena's future (I've been there many times). Best savor that ending of course. If Serena appears, it would be a cameo like say a picture. It wouldn't hurt anything as we have seen new characters appear in Ash's backstory before such as Molly from Pokémon 3. Suffice to say, Misty is more important for the story of "I Choose You!" and not because of any shipping reasons, but because she exemplifies a sort of rivalry or challenge towards Ash when Gary is not around. Both a mentor and someone to prove themselves to. It's that type of dynamic that leads to their iconic bickering and tsundere relationship they have for one another. And it provides a means for Ash to grow mature (at least before they stretched the TV series for far too long, but the movie should not have any problems).

The dub is going to be really heartbreaking to sit through for me in this case since I know none of the original English crew will be working on it (except for Gary's VA), so I'm going with the Japanese Original for this Movie- as for my thoughts on it right now, Pokemon fan 132 summed it up, this really adds nothing to the lore of the Series & I really dislike that it may overshadow the Kanto Saga of the Anime with all the effort that was put into that Arc of the Anime- seems like a soulless nostalgia grab so far to me, but I pray it's in the right hands in Japan to make it something more of an AU take.

Do we know who is writing this film?
Suffice to say, Misty is more important for the story of "I Choose You!" and not because of any shipping reasons, but because she exemplifies a sort of rivalry or challenge towards Ash when Gary is not around. Both a mentor and someone to prove themselves to. It's that type of dynamic that leads to their iconic bickering and tsundere relationship they have for one another.
Come on, Kasumi is so much more than this. She was his first friend and travelling companion! Words escape me right now, but this relationship was so much more than that (and no I don't mean in terms of shipping).

Do we know who is writing this film?

Come on, Kasumi is so much more than this. She was his first friend and travelling companion! Words escape me right now, but this relationship was so much more than that (and no I don't mean in terms of shipping).

Oh, there's more to it. I'm just musing about her early dynamic with Satoshi, and why it's quite memorable compare to any other companion. She's not simply the first friend or traveling companion. If that's all she has, she might as well be replaced by Serena.

The bickering and pseudo-rivarly between those two is what gives the relationship a lot more depth than usual, especially with Satoshi being a fresh newbie trainer and Kasumi being someone has more knowledge, but you can tell she's not so different from Satoshi in terms of behavior or even skill. She's both a friend and a foil for Satoshi.

Oh, there's more to it. I'm just musing about her early dynamic with Satoshi, and why it's quite memorable compare to any other companion. She's not simply the first friend or traveling companion. If that's all she has, she might as well be replaced by Serena.

The bickering and pseudo-rivarly between those two is what gives the relationship a lot more depth than usual, especially with Satoshi being a fresh newbie trainer and Kasumi being someone has more knowledge, but you can tell she's not so different from Satoshi in terms of behavior or even skill. She's both a friend and a foil for Satoshi.
Sorry Shadao I browsed the forums this morning in super-sensitive mode (waiting for my job application page to refresh with an answer...)
Yep. As previously stated, Shoji Yonemura is the screenplay writer for this film and Rica Matsumoto of course will still be playing the role of Satoshi and Shinji Miyazaki will still compose the movie's score.
劇場版ポケットモンスター キミにきめた! - 映画・映像|東宝WEB SITE
Thank you. How the hell did I forget?

As previously stated, Shoji Yonemura

Writer who introduced these characters:
097.jpg
066.jpg
063.jpg
054.jpg
022.jpg

Also...
017.jpg
257.jpg

Set your calendars for the 29th!

PocketMonsters.net

Also, on Sunday January 29th during the Tokyo Fair, we will hold a special Pokémon stage show at the World Hobby Fair Stage!
The Pokénchi residents will appear and present info on the Pokémon movie and anime!

Set your calendars for the 29th!

PocketMonsters.net

I'm so excited to find out more about this! The movies have been stale for a long time now, so I'm up for anything different. To be honest, I love Kanto/the OS, so the idea of this potentially being some kind of re-telling or reimagining has me really excited. Especially with the breathtaking art and animation we've seen so far...

I think so far what we know is that this is going to be an amazing movie, fit for being the 20th in the series.
Also, that 'life-size Alolan Exeggutor' on the news page. :O

Hmm, if they're going to retell the first episode in a different light, could it be possible that all other characters don't appear in the movie aside from Ash, Pikachu, and Ho-oh?

I really, really hope the other characters appear. I've never understood how Pokémon has a really great cast of companion characters who they hardly ever utilize once they've moved on. I'm not saying shoehorn every former companion into every single series, but I do feel like they're very underutilized.

Getting to see a few of the older characters (I'm personally hoping for Brock, Misty, and Gary) would be amazing.

I really, really hope the other characters appear. I've never understood how Pokémon has a really great cast of companion characters who they hardly ever utilize once they've moved on. I'm not saying shoehorn every former companion into every single series, but I do feel like they're very underutilized.

Getting to see a few of the older characters (I'm personally hoping for Brock, Misty, and Gary) would be amazing.
I feel that atleast Gary would be showcased, as he is the anime counterpart of the game rival.

I would say it becomes utterly redundant to make a 20th anniversary anime nostalgia wank film that doesn't include a minimum of:
Satoshi and Pikachu
Hanako
Prof. Ookido
Shigeru
Kasumi and Takeshi
Musashi, Kojirou and Nyasu

They cannot omit the other characters!
Well he said 1st episode, but your right, though Misty still did appear none the less.

Hmm, if they're going to retell the first episode in a different light, could it be possible that all other characters don't appear in the movie aside from Ash, Pikachu, and Ho-oh?
I don't know how they could possibly write an hour and a half to two hour movie about a single 20-22 minute episode and have it be both fresh and entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom