• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that certainly is a surprise. It does make sense given that the anime will be having its own anniversary next year, so they'd want to focus on how the series began. I don't know if they could really make a retelling of the first couple of episodes work as a movie. On one hand, it does provide something different for the movies to do and given the roles of the Legendary Pokemon in this generation, having something like Solgaleo and Lunala fighting wouldn't really work. On the other hand, I was kind of curious to see how the new cast would be in a movie and I do feel like there's a bit too much Kanto favoritism in this generation anyway.

It is an interesting concept at least and I'm curious to see where they'd go with it. Given that this is just a teaser trailer, there will be probably something more added to the movie's concept.

I knew this would be a gimmick movie, but I wouldn't have counted on the producers having the guts on doing a nostalgia-based movie.

I'M HYPED AS HELL. WE'LL FINALLY GET OUR CONTINUITY. AND MISTY COULD COME BACK.

The real 20th anniversary (for some of us) starts here.

I think instead of marshadow they will distribute mew and ash-pikachu(those hat pikachu thing) with z crystals and wait next year for marshadow. Or maybe this is a reality made by marshadow? Like what is ash is not late and not choose pikachu?
If we go by the title, only Pikachu will be distributed and maybe Ho-Oh.

I think that they'll just stick to promoting Generation VII Pokemon in the actual anime. I doubt that this movie is supposed to be a one-off thing; they wouldn't just rush through the adventure of the new Ash within a single movie, whose title is very beginning-centric. And they wouldn't just let the rebooted story stay unresolved, either. They're obviously hoping that this movie will be much more successful than the past three were, and in that case, sequels are to be expected.

This reminds me of Rebuild of Evangelion. Suffice to say that fans are still waiting for the fourth movie.

I really hope that this new Ash actually has a connection to Ho-Oh and that the movie(s) will properly explore that. Bonus points if they add a father character. And the GS Ball.

Last edited:
This new movie is lazy and pointless. They are not even trying anymore.

What? Those were original unlike this.
The Darkrai one was original, I guess. Not so much the other two if you actually think about it.

If you're fine with third versions and remakes, I don't see what you have against this movie. At least nothing like it has been done before.

The Darkrai one was original, I guess. Not so much the other two if you actually think about it.

If you're fine with third versions and remakes, I don't see what you have against this movie. At least nothing like it has been done before.
Because we don't need to see this. We know what happens.

In other words, a movie remake of a first episode? Sure, it's cool, but how in a world they could extend it?

Sorry, but I'm curious and skeptical at the same time this was announced.

Me too! Oddly, I'm more excited than anything. The fact that they're doing something different than their usual rehash format is something that I think the franchise needs. The last six movies were lackluster in my opinion though I respect those who enjoyed it, and this could potentially change how they make their movies.

It may not be a remake of the first episode at all... there's so much that the preview could mean.

This new movie is lazy and pointless. They are not even trying anymore.

I can definitely see where you're coming from.

For once, they're not using a legendary as their ploy to get people excited. I'm pretty sure that they know that nostalgia goggles don't work to make new or keep old fans. I personally like that they're going with something different this time around. We don't know if it's actually a rehash of the first episode... for all we know, Satoshi could be forced to go back to the past.

I think they are trying in their own way. This could potentially end up being their greatest movie.

No, we don't. This is most likely a reimagining that could diverge from the original anime in any number of ways. The art style is so different for a reason.
This is clearly a rip off of the episode.

I don't think "clearly" can fit for something we saw his hometown and hat and nothing else. The first previews often have little to do with the actual movie... this may be acknowledging that this would be the 20 year anniversary since the show started.

Every other movie we've had has mostly been rip offs of the first movie with little differences. Meet legend who talks and end with someone near death or who dies.

We need something different this time around.

I don't think "clearly" can fit for something we saw his hometown and hat and nothing else. The first previews often have little to do with the actual movie... this may be acknowledging that this would be the 20 year anniversary since the show started.

Every other movie we've had has mostly been rip offs of the first movie with little differences. Meet legend who talks and end with someone near death or who dies.

We need something different this time around.
No they have not. They are all original except this one.

You do realize that an anime episode is around 20 minutes, whereas a movie is 65-90 minutes long, right?

This movie cheated us out of a third mythical.
Game Freak should add new mythicals if they have good ideas rather than just for the sake of movies. I doubt that Marshadow will get a movie later, anyway.

Just because the underlying concept is borrowed from the show doesn't mean that there won't be deviations. This is not hard to grasp if you know what a reboot is and how other anime shows have done it via movies.
I still think it is lazy. We have see Ash's start of his journey. This movie is clearly a waste of time in my opinion. Not worth getting on DVD.

The movie hasn't come out yet. The second trailer isn't released. No one can confirm what's in and not in the movie at all nor what releases may come out.

----

Every Pokemon movie up to this moment has had pretty much the same formats.

Ash and company meet a new legendary who presumably talks.
Ash, Pikachu, or the legendary experience a sad moment that nearly takes their life.
TRio watches everything in the background while there for no reason.
Everything is okay... and the bad guy disappears but we'll see them in the credits of this or next movie.

----

Batman has had so many reboots along with almost every other huge franchise. Many times, it's necessary. There's so many places that this movie could go.

The movie hasn't come out yet. The second trailer isn't released. No one can confirm what's in and not in the movie at all nor what releases may come out.

----

Every Pokemon movie up to this moment has had pretty much the same formats.

Ash and company meet a new legendary who presumably talks.
Ash, Pikachu, or the legendary experience a sad moment that nearly takes their life.
TRio watches everything in the background while there for no reason.
Everything is okay... and the bad guy disappears but we'll see them in the credits of this or next movie.

----

Batman has had so many reboots along with almost every other huge franchise. Many times, it's necessary. There's so many places that this movie could go.
The title of this movie speaks for itself. Pokemon movies should not be reboots of anything in my opinion. For me, this is the worst pokemon movie to ever be made. No need to watch it because it is basically the same as the episode but longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom