• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnale101

Reaction score
21st movie first trailer coming Monday on Oha Suta
Confirmed by adamant

Attachments

• DQfho_ZX4AAvbFq.jpeg
    DQfho_ZX4AAvbFq.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice to do a sequel to I Choose You! but I hear its likely to be a traditional movie

Aye, there's the rub. Will they go back to how they did all the other movies, or will the success of M20 make them do things differently again???:confused:
Will it be a continuation of M20--perhaps a AU version of Johto, another re-imagining of Ash's journey all together or just a movie with the SM cast?

Though I'll bet even money that regardless of what route they go with, Zerarora will appear. Though the size of its role/part is another matter...:cautious:

My money is leaning towards either movie 20 being a one-shot or its continuity being found in the main series through a wormhole. But I guess the latter would be more impactful if the rest of the films take place in that universe?

Or if they did a trilogy and the last film is the M20-verse colliding with the main continuity?????

I was so spectacularly wrong with the last film that I really can't say for certain what I think will happen x:

I was wondering when we'd get movie news. It usually starts around December.

I'd actually really love a continuation of the previous movie's continuity. I doubt that's going to happen, if only because the movie was an anniversary celebration and could easily just be a one-shot deal, but it would be neat. As neat as it would be to see the SM cast in a movie, I'm not sure I'd want them to go back to the traditional movie format with Ash and his friends helping out the special Legendary Pokemon of the year. One of the reasons I liked I Choose You so much was because it was so refreshingly different from the other movies. While I've liked some of the other recent movies, such as Hoopa and Volcanion's movies, I feel like the format has been stale for awhile and I Choose You felt really unique. I just hope that the next movie will be fun either way.

My ideal film would be something more unique than M20; to me M20 regardless of all of the new stuff still felt pretty same-y to previous films. Ideally it wouldnt center around a legendary but since that's never going to happen I'd prefer one of Satoshi's friends to be in the spotlight. I'm sick to death of "Satoshi's love for Pokemon saves the day" and these films need something to shake them up.

I don't see this movie being about Necrozma or the UBs. The show desperately needs that content.

The stars will be Zeraora and possibly a new Pokemon.

As for the continuity, I don't see how Movie 20 set up a sequel. If anything, they shouldn't use Ash at all for once.

I didn't see the ending of Movie 20 as a setup for a sequel per say, but rather the idea of another movie set within its continuity just sounds appealing to me. I doubt that will be the case for various reasons and I wouldn't be that bothered if it was just a one shot deal for the anime's anniversary, but at the same time, continuing with that continuity for a series of movies sounds pretty neat to me and I'd be pretty happy about it if they did decide to go that route.

I don't see this movie being about Necrozma or the UBs. The show desperately needs that content.

They can have it in both, either by having the legendary(ies) play a large role in the movie and a medium role in the main anime (e.g. Dialga and Palkia) or a large role in the main anime with a small role in the movie (e.g. Zygarde).

I am pretty certain Necrozma will show up in the anime with moderate to extreme significance, but I'm not ready to count it out of the movie yet.

On a different topic, I wonder if we'll get any returning Legendaries like with Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. They've already pulled that trick once this generation with the legendary beasts in M20, but there's a chance they could do it again.

(I doubt it though, since that usually only happens when they either have a lore-related reason to bring them back, like with Hoopa, or run out Mythicals available in the current generation to promote.)

The Rocket trios last heist before meeting Satoshi? The one where their pictures from that wanted posted were snapped?

Hell I wouldn't even mind the legendary whoring out if the story had as much care as the OS and AG ones. M20 was a step in the right direction but I want more!

How surprised are we going to be?
If a Jynx appears in the trailer, I'll be surprised.

I call it now: Faba the Movie: Start of Darkness.

How legit is that account?
Very legit.
Real animator working at OLM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom