• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
corocoro3182.jpg

Lugia confirmed. Not that there was really much doubt.

Also worth noting that we don't seem to have a title yet, as @TheMonster6893 pointed out in another thread, so said title may be a Zeraora-related spoiler.

Edit: Also, this.

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/963518552178388992

You have my attention even more than before, Movie 21. Then again, it could very well be nothing we don't already know/could have guessed.

Also, I don't know if it's relevant, but Ho-oh and Lugia will be the last legendaries distributed this year, coming in November. And according to the Serebii site, CoroCoro says to "pay extra attention to Lugia this year" (emphasis mine).

I've seen some people throw around the possibility of a new Lugia form to promote Gen 8 like Mega Mewtwo Y for Gen 6. If that's the case, I think I'd expect them to reveal Zeraora first, since it's from the current generation, and save Lugia until only a bit before the Gen 8 announcement. Of course, it could just be about Lugia's relationship to Zeraora or the new girl, though.

Edit, again: One more thing, just because I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread yet. According to Dephender on Serebii, this weekend's Pokenchi will have Yudai Chiba as a special guest, and he has "a major announcement to make." Dephender thinks the announcement has a chance of being his role in the movie. Well, now we know he's just playing Ilima in the anime.

Last edited:
CoroCoro: Lugia is Revealed
corocoro3182.jpg
Adamant translated it:

Lugia surfaces!!!!!!!
The true identity of the mysterious shadow we could see in the teaser... was the legendary Pokémon Lugia!!!
Blurb: Both the Pokémon that was gliding over Satoshi and the shadow on the water surface were Lugia!

The Lugia that has appeared many times in movies already is back!!
Lugia has appeared in past movies, acting as Satoshi's ally. How does it get involved in our tale this time around?!

Pocket Monsters the Movie: "The Explosive Birth of the Mythical Pokémon Lugia"
When it first appeared, it was under the moniker of The Mysterious Pokémon "X". It created a lot of public interest by appearing in the movie prior to its appearance in a video game.

Pokémon the movie XY: "The Archdjinni of Rings: Hoopa"
It appeared as a representative of "Pokémon Gold/Silver"!

The Legendary Pokémon Lugia
Species: Diving Pokémon
Type: Psychic/Flying
Height: 5.2m
Weight: 216kg

Does this movie follow in the same vein as last year's movie, with Lugia holding the key to the tale just like Houou did last year?!

Pay extra attention to Lugia this year!
Next issue we'll announce an important scoop on Lugia!!

At this point, they haven't given us any hint at all about Zeraora and decided to focus only on Lugia and this mystery girl for the three months leading up to the reveal. I think it's very reasonable to assume Zeraora is a side character like Marshadow.

I'm personally okay with the AU movie and also with a possible mix of a M2 remake with new elements. Saw a lot of ppl angry with it on twitter but I don't really see the problem.

The teaser kind of foreshadowed him, but confirmation is nice. :)

I just hope he isn't as wasted as Ho-Oh was in M20...:cautious:

Lugia got TWO movies as a central focus before Raikou got any.

I don't know how to feel about this.

I'm comfortable with the idea that Pidgeotto hasn't had a main starring role in any movie, but Lugia has two movies.

Do you know how great a Pidgeotto mivie would be? Especially a talking Pidgeotto who has a family...

DWC5u21UQAA1okD.jpg

Really nice new Lugia artwork.

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/967152458890870784

Most people have probably already seen this since the forums were down when it got announced, but we're getting a "world premiere" of footage on Oha Suta this Pokemon Day.

To be honest I'd be super content with just seeing more of that wonderful new artstyle, but a lot of people (myself included) are expecting a Zeraora reveal, since a lot of mythicals get revealed around February/March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom