• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a nice trailer. I'm surprised with how large the cast is for the movie. We usually don't get that many movie only characters at once, but it's hard to say how many of them will be important/relevant at this point. The title is nice and does make me think that all of the new characters' storylines could connect somehow back to Lugia. I do love the focus on Johto Pokemon. It's kind of surprising, but it is nice to see after how much the show and games have emphasized the Kanto generation. I'm still curious to see where this movie will go and I hope I will enjoy it just like I did with the previous movie.

Ooh, an ensemble cast, huh? It does sound promising, but I do hope they don’t let some characters get a lot more screentime than others. They do have a lot of time to fill with presumably no Pikachu short, but pacing was the last movie’s Achilles heel...

They could always pull a "we just so happen to be in the same place as this kid and now we're gonna follow him" thing they did in Unova and Alola. They could be pulling off a heist or something and Satoshi stops them and they become obsessed with Pikachu's power like in EP002.

Again I'm not saying this would definitely happen and I understand the possibility of them being absent from this film but if the production team wants them in the film, they'll find a way and wouldn't be hindered by the last movie at all.

High-Res Posters
More posters/official art!

DXAPeVvVMAAFaHW.jpg

DXASIHhU0AAjMZw.jpg

They could do that. They could also add Cameron and Dawn as a couple to the movie. But being possible doesn't mean it's likely, or a good choice. Considering even the nostalgia movie of the previous year didn't care about these new TR, it seems unlikely that they'll be given a bigger role in the sequel.

Last edited:
Official Pokémon Movie Site Info
Adamant said:
The official Pokémon movie website has updated. Translations follow:

This summer, the emotional tale "Everyone's Story" will have an explosive birth,
following in the footsteps of "I Choose You!"

Once a year, a "wind festival" is held in Fura City, the city where people live together with the wind. While the ancient belief that the legendary Pokémon Lugia will appear and bring about the blessed wind on the final day of the festival still exists, the people that gather in the city participate in the festival while wrapped in their own thoughts......

Lisa, the highschooler and Pokémon rookie.
Kagachi, the braggart that just can't stop telling tall tales.
Trito, the timid researcher that lacks confidence.
Hisui, the old eccentric that hates Pokémon.
Largo, the mysterious little girl that hangs around in the forest all by herself.

These are the people that Satoshi and Pikachu meet.
That meeting makes everyone's story start moving forward.

SATOSHI
A boy aiming to become the world's greatest Pokémon Master.

LISA
A highschooler and Pokémon rookie.

KAGACHI
A braggart that just can't stop telling tall tales.

TRITO
A timid researcher that lacks confidence.

HISUI
An old eccentric that hates Pokémon.

LARGO
A mysterious little girl that hangs around in the forest all by herself.

LUGIA
The legendary Pokémon that brings the blessed wind to the city.

View: https://youtu.be/7UOGDAlqZHs

Last edited:
I really do wonder if this Eevee will evolve into a new eeveelution? Someone did mention it before and I definately can see that as a possibility because the pattern since Johto has been a new Eeveelution every other gen

Adamant said:
The little girl's name is Largo, which is interesting... the two named characters from movie 2, Frula and Yodel, were also named after music terms.

Guhhhh, this animation is so pretty, I don't even care what the plot will be, honestly. These characters could just be doing their taxes the whole time and I would watch for the eye candy.

Also, I really appreciate how the movies are becoming less predictable and changing things up a bit with different kinds of characters (except for Satoshi, obviously) and animation styles. But I do hope Team Rocket make it in here somehow...

They could also add Cameron and Dawn as a couple to the movie.

>implying this wouldnt happen :p

It's probably my bias then, and I do think with XY's director I'm not expecting M02-levels of involvement or anything. The lack of character bios is very telling. Hopefully we get something.

I really do wonder if this Eevee will evolve into a new eeveelution? Someone did mention it before and I definately can see that as a possibility because the pattern since Johto has been a new Eeveelution every other gen

That would be an interesting development. The chances are pretty good that Eevee could evolve into something during the movie given how popular the Eeveelutions are and Eevee that have appeared in the series tend to evolve at some point. I don't know if they'd actually do that, but that could be a possibility and it would certainly attract attention for the Switch titles.

Interesting trailer, I like that they're trying something different with the Pokemon movies. I was really hoping to get a glimpse of Ash's team in this movie.

I'm happy to see Totodile and Togepi again! They're (some) of my favorite gen 2 Pokemon. I don't think I've seen a Togepi since Misty's Togepi's final appearance in AG. Hopefully they have some sort of focus on them or development in this movie, and they're not just random Pokemon that follow the old woman around.

That trailer... oh my. Now, admittedly while I was excited for M20, I haven't seen it yet, so I think I'll have to see that before this. As someone who only owned the first four Pokemon movies as a kid, and was obsessed with the Pokemon anime, I've seen each of those movies a number of times. Even though it's been over a decade since I've seen Pokemon 2000... I recognized the little tune at the end of the trailer. That's Lugia's song right there. I got chills when hearing that, along with the scene displayed with it. I haven't gotten chills from a Pokemon movie in actual forever. I wonder that besides Lugia and the presence of that song, will this movie connect anymore with the Pokemon 2000.

I like the idea of the large cast for the movie, as long as they round out the characters well. It's a really cool idea to have it not just focus on the adventures of Ash. I think I am most excited for the story of the researcher, since I'm always partial to the researchers of the Pokemon games and anime.

With the original trailer, I was wondering if this movie would be the beginning of the next series for the anime, but after seeing this trailer, I am beginning to doubt that, now that we know more of the premise for it. But, they did pick up Ash's new clothes either just at random, or that could be what he will next be seen in for the anime.

But what sparked my interest most was the Eevee. I can really see this movie being the way to show off a new evolution for eevee, and with this town being very much associated with the win, I can very much see this new eeveelution being a flying type.

Except he's no longer a "Legendary Magnet", due to lost of Houou feather.
Did you miss the part of the trailer where he just so happens to be in the exact spot at the right time to witness yet another Legendary pokémon flying overhead?

Magnets work both ways, after all

Souji must be kicking himself, because Ash met five legendary pokémon (well, four and a Mythical) during their journey and since he's studying them, probably got a fair amount of research done (offscreen, sadly)

Now he's missing out on Lugia...

Adamant said:
Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration

Staff:
Based on the creations of: Satoshi Tajiri
Director: Tetsuo Yajima
Animation Supervisor: Kunihiko Yuyama
Executive Producers: Junya Okamoto and Hidenaga Katakami
Producers: Satoshi Shimodaira, Susumu Matsuyama, Atsushi Chiku and Shun Ohinata
Screenplay: Eiji Umehara and Aya Takaha
Animation Producers: Hiroyuki Kato and George Wada
Character Design: Shizue Kaneko
Executive Animation Directors: Yasushi Nishiya and Hirotaka Marufuji
Sound Director: Masafumi Mima
Music: Shinji Miyazaki
Animation Production: OLM / WIT STUDIO
Production: Pikachu Project
Distribution: Toho
Apparently the New TR is in the movie after all. No words on other characters' VAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom