• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the announcement today?

If you're in a US timezone, yes. It's at 7:05 AM Japan time on their Monday. (though that might just be when Oha Suta starts, and the actual announcement might be a few minutes later. i don't know.)

As much as I dislike the previous movie, I don't mind a sequel since it seems like it could go in just about any direction (whereas an Alola movie would be predictable). The new girl seems interesting (albeit not easy to look at), which is more than I can say for the last batch of characters.

If it weren't for the hat, I'd think it was yet another continuity. Why change the artstyle?

It's a Johto movie then, I guess. Is it me or that girl looks older than Satoshi?

I'm pretty happy that this seems to be a continuation of the previous movie. Even though I wanted that, I really didn't think that they'd go in that direction for multiple reasons. Since I Choose You was an anniversary celebration, it would have been pretty easy to just have it as a one time deal. I'm glad that isn't the case and a continuation of I Choose You sounds terrific to me. Ash's new design is a bit surprising. It's almost like a mixture between his original design and his current SM design. It isn't bad, but it is a bit odd that they have a new design for this movie if it is a continuation of I Choose You. I like his outfit though. It has a nice mixture of blue and white from what they showed of it.

With the scenery and especially the music at the end, it seems pretty likely that Lugia will be involved in this movie to some extent. I don't know if the girl in the trailer and poster could be this universe's version of Melody, but that could be interesting. I wouldn't mind Verity and Sorrel coming back, as I actually liked them a lot more than I expected, but I'd suspect that Ash will meet with two new friends for this movie instead.

Uhhh... so just another re-written story in AU.
I'm just curious about Ash's age.
He looks much older.

The art style in the next movie is very different than SM, I think this move may be a lead in for the next gen. I agree with what was said before, Ash looks older.

Well, it seems a movie series has finally become a thing.

Good. Now we can experiment on where Satoshi can go without beholding to filler movie plot located with SM.

I'm calling it now: That girl is not human after all. She's a pokemon turned into/look like a human.
It's almost like a mixture between his original design and his current SM design
I wouldn't really call it similar to SM. It's same artstyle from the previous movue, only difference is his irises, which are noticeable larger like BW and XY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom