• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hisui - An old woman living in Fura City that hates Pokémon. She started avoiding Pokémon because of something that happened in the past, but for some reason a lot of Pokémon follow her around, including a Totodile.
This official (?) description taken from Serebii pretty much confirms that Ash will catch Totodile IMO. Out of all the Pokémon, why would one focus on just random one.

Translated by Adamant:

The Pokémon movies take a new step forward.

It has been one year since the 20th anniversary blockbuster "I Choose You!".
Young talent has been added to the production team, starting on the top with the director, and the all new Pokémon movie "Everyone's Story" has finally been created.
This summer, we want you too to take a step forward alongside everyone, towards an adventure nobody has ever seen before.

Once a year, a "wind festival" is held in Fura City,
the city where people live together with the wind.
On the final day of the festival, the legendary Pokémon Lugia will appear and give the people the blessed wind,
a promise said to date back to the distant past.

Lisa, the highschooler and Pokémon rookie.
Kagachi, the braggart that just can't stop telling tall tales.
Trito, the timid researcher that lacks confidence.
Hisui, the old eccentric that hates Pokémon.
Largo, the mysterious little girl that hangs around in the forest all by herself.

While they're participating in the festival,
Satoshi and Pikachu meets these five companions by pure coincidence. Each of them has their own worries on their mind,
and are unable to take a step forward together with their partner Pokémon,
but when they meet each other, the cogs of destiny start turning......

Will the promise with Lugia be kept?
And just what is the true identity of the mythical Pokémon Zeraora??

Everyone's friendship, both people's and Pokémon's, will now cause a miracle to occur.

Character Profiles

SATOSHI (Partner Pokémon: The Mouse Pokémon Pikachu)

A boy aiming to become the world's greatest Pokémon Master. He continues his travels together with his partner Pikachu, wanting to meet Pokémon he's never seen before.

Voice: Rica Matsumoto
LARGO (Partner Pokémon: The Thunderclap Pokémon Zeraora)

A little girl living in Fura City, and the mayor's daughter. She's a resolute and kind little lady. It appears she has something to to with the mythical Pokémon Zeraora, but...

Voice: Mana Ashida
I think the bond between Satoshi and Pikachu, as well as between people and Pokémon in general, is wonderful and something to envy, so I got really happy when I was offered a role in the movie. Pokémon are so cute, and they really make you want to live together with them! Largo is strong-willed, but really innocent and gentle, and since everyone watching this movie also have something they want to protect, I hope that me playing this role will make them realize they can work hard and become stronger. I want to do my best to get on the same page as you all!
LISA (Partner Pokémon: The Evolution Pokémon Eievui)

A highschooler and Pokémon rookie. She came to the wind festival in order to get an Eievui, which she had promised her injured little brother.

Voice: Rina Kawaei
It's a genuine honor to be able to take part in the world of Pokémon, a world that a broad generation of people are familiar with, from kids to adults. i haven't had many opportunities to voice act yet, so I'm happy to be given this chance, and I practice a lot at home!! I want to do my absolute utmost to properly get across both the energetic aspect of Lisa, as well as her bond with Eievui and her relationship with the other characters in the movie!
TRITO (Partner Pokémon: The Egg Pokémon Lucky)

A Pokémon researcher who's bad at talking to others. He's participating in the wind festival in order to make a presentation related to his research, but he lacks the confidence and ends up just sitting there getting consoled by Lucky.

Voice: Gaku Hamada
I'm part of the generation that experienced Pokémon as a social phenomenon, where everyone played the video games and sang "Pokémon ieru ka na?" all the time, so when I got offered this role I got so excited I ended up inadvertedly shouting "Yeah!". When I look at the Pokémon that appear in this year's movie, especially my partner Lucky, I get filled with nostalgia. I hope that I and everyone else will be able to put together a new story so that we don't dishonor the tradition.
KAGACHI (Partner Pokémon: The Imitation Pokémon Usokkie)

A braggart that just can't stop telling tall tales. He visited the wind festival together with his beloved niece. It appears Usokkie adores him for a very particular reason. He talks about how "There's a super rare Pokémon in this city!", but...

Voice: Koji Ohkura
It's been said that I don't fit the Pokémon franchise, so the fact that a day where I got to be involved with the franchise eventually showed up was... quite shocking. I thought Kagachi was a difficult role to play, but I also think it's a role that especially adults can sympathise with. Since I'm so good at playing people that are going through something (laughs), I want to do my absolute utmost when it comes to this role, first of all to properly fit the movie, but more than anything in order to make children happy.
HISUI (Partner Pokémon: The Big Jaw Pokémon Waninoko)

An old woman living in Fura City that hates Pokémon. She started avoiding Pokémon because of something that happened in the past, but for some reason a lot of Pokémon follow her around, including a Waninoko.

Voice: Masako Nozawa
Although I initially misunderstood and thought I was being offered the role of "Waninoko" (laughs), I was still very happy I got to be a part of this movie. Since Pokémon has a very sweet and lovely worldview, I thought we were really far removed from one another, so I was really shocked by the offer. Me in a Pokémon movie?! The Hisui character fancies herself as normal, but from other people's point of view she's a bit eccentric... but also someone near and dear. I hope I will be able to express this when playing the role.
RIKU

Lisa's younger brother. A young boy that loves Pokémon. He's hospitalized because of an injured leg.

Voice: Shoko Nakagawa
Once again, a new wind is blowing in the Pokémon movie, and I'm already super excited! In addition to the nostalgia felt from all the extremely familiar Pokémon that appear in this year's movie, it also combines this nostalgia with a very unique freshness, including the invigorating look of Satoshi's face, and I hope I can once again portray the kind of strength and weakness that you'll be able to truly feel because it's Pokémon.
MAYOR OLIVER

The mayor of Fura City and Largo's father. He is a strict man with a strong sense of responsibility. He is constantly on the move in order to ensure that the wind festival is a success.

Voice: Koichi Yamadera
I was wondering if I'd be dropped from the Pokémon movies after the 20th anniversary, so I was really relieved I got to take a part in this year's movie as well. Last year I came up with a certain unique cry in response to the director's completely unreasonable demands, so I'm wondering what kind of crazy challenges I'll get this year...... I'm looking forward to it already. Since I'm going to play the father of Mana-chan's character Largo, my goal will be to be a father she won't be embarrassed by. I want to play the role so that she never ends up saying something like "Stop it, Yama-chan"!!
ZERAORA

A mythical Pokémon said to live in the mountain recesses of Fura City. By emitting an electric current from the pads on its arms and legs, it's able to move through the air at the speed of lightning.

Species: Thunderclap Pokémon
Type: Electric
Height: 1.5m
Weight: 44.5kg
LUGIA

A legendary Pokémon said to appear on the final day of the wind festival and give the city blessed wind.

Species: Diving Pokémon
Type: Psychic/Flying
Height: 5.2m
Weight: 216.0kg

------------------------------------------------

Hisui - An old woman living in Fura City that hates Pokémon. She started avoiding Pokémon because of something that happened in the past, but for some reason a lot of Pokémon follow her around, including a Totodile.
This official (?) description taken from Serebii pretty much confirms that Ash will catch Totodile IMO. Out of all the Pokémon, why would one focus on just random one.
They explicitly called it Hisui's partner.

The trailer has the same epic editing as the last one, but we learned nothing new outside the appareance of Mega Luxray and a couple other characters.
The summaries give the vibe that the relationships between a Pokemon and its trainers' insecurities will be explored in a realistic way. Hopefully the soluton is something better than "Pokemon (and/or Ash) are awesome!".

I feel like its super possible that Eevee will evolve into a flying Eevee with each new bit of information! If it doesn't, that'd be fine, but I know myself and many others would be super stoked to see a new eeveelution.

I like where it says "but when they meet each other, the cogs of destiny start turning". It could be nothing, but I really really hope the characters inspire each other instead of just the billionth "Satoshi inspires everyone always" story.

I finally got a chance to see the trailer, I'm really liking the animation. I also like that this movie is separate from the main anime, it has us all trying to figure out more about the movie's plot and the new characters. Less predictable than M19 and before that.

One thing this new trailer didn't show us, is which Pokemon will be in Ash's team aside from Pikachu. If I remember correctly, during the 2nd trailer of M20 we already knew Ash catches Charmander and Caterpie. I'm really hoping this movie has at least a slight amount of continuity from M20, and Ash has Heracross in his team. Since it was shown after the end credits him attempting to catch a Heracross (one of my favorite gen 2 Pokemon).

I'm also curious if Wobbuffet will be in movie too. I understand why he was excluded from M20, but since M21 already showcases a lot of gen 2 Pokemon, I don't see why he should be left out.

I'm also curious if Wobbuffet will be in movie too. I understand why he was excluded from M20, but since M21 already showcases a lot of gen 2 Pokemon, I don't see why he should be left out.
I think that will really depend on how Team Rocket functions in the movie, like how in M20 they never really got involved with Ash and just cameo-d. If they play a bigger role, I could see Jessie catching it by accident and treating it the same as she did when she first received it

Wasn't Sonansu already with them in the M20 end credits?

The manga preview, translated by Adamant:
QbWRhIj_d.jpg

Satoshi: We're here!

Satoshi: We're finally here!
Satoshi: This is Fura City!!

Satoshi: Yeah...
Satoshi: A great wind is blowing.
Pikachu: Pika.

Satoshi: Aren't you excited to see what kind of Pokémon we'll meet here?
Pikachu: Pi-ka!
GgyKMx1_d.jpg

Title: Pocket Monsters the movie - Everyone's Story: Episode Zeraora
Blurb: We try to unravel the mystery of the mythical Pokémon.
Blurb: A secret story exclusive to Corocoro

Narration: The city Satoshi and Pikachu have come to is Fura City... A festival is being held here.
Narration: It's called...
efXHYJW_d.jpg

Narration: ...the wind festival.
Satoshi: Sure enough - Festivals mean food.
Pikachu: Pika!

Satoshi: I smell something good in that direction.
Largo: Oh.

Largo: That hurt.
Satoshi: Oh, I'm so sorry!

Satoshi: I was too focused on the delicious smell...
Largo: Eheheh... So was I...

Largo: My name is Largo. Nice to meet you.

Narration: The encounter with the young Largo led to Satoshi and Pikachu embarking on a strange and wonderful adventure...

Satoshi: hey, what kind of festival is the wind festival anyway?
Largo: Well, you see...
q7FsT4b_d.jpg

Largo: It's a festival held once a year where we get to meet Lugia...
Satoshi: Lugia?!

Largo: The relationship between the legendary Pokémon Lugia and Fura City is as follows...

Satoshi: Don't you get super excited...
Satoshi: ...thinking about how you might get to meet Lugia, Pikachu?
Largo: Heheh.

Largo: I know that feeling.
Satoshi: Hm?

Largo: Lugia isn't...
Largo: ...the only one we might get to meet!

Largo: There's another anecdote that relates to Fura City as well.
0g3yGtl_d.jpg

Largo: There's a legend that says...

Largo: ...that deep in the mountain recesses of this city... of Fura City...

Largo: ...lives the mythical Pokémon Zeraora!
EZ0Hy4b_d.jpg

Satoshi: Mythical... Pokémon?!

Text: "A Pocket Monster the Movie - Everyone's Story Side Story: Episode Zeraora" starts serialization as a Corocoro-exclusive secret episode next issue!
Wasn't Sonansu already with them in the M20 end credits?
It was.

The manga preview, translated by Adamant:
View attachment 109396

Satoshi: We're finally here!
Satoshi: This is Fura City!!

Satoshi: Yeah...
Satoshi: A great wind is blowing.

Satoshi: Aren't you excited to see what kind of Pokémon we'll meet here?
Pikachu: Pi-ka!
View attachment 109397
Title: Pocket Monsters the movie - Everyone's Story: Episode Zeraora
Blurb: We try to unravel the mystery of the mythical Pokémon.
Blurb: A secret story exclusive to Corocoro

Narration: The city Satoshi and Pikachu have come to is Fura City... A festival is being held here.
Narration: It's called...
View attachment 109398
Narration: ...the wind festival.
Satoshi: Sure enough - Festivals mean food.

Satoshi: I smell something good in that direction.
Largo: Oh.

Largo: That hurt.
Satoshi: Oh, I'm so sorry!

Satoshi: I was too focused on the delicious smell...
Largo: Eheheh... So was I...

Largo: My name is Largo. Nice to meet you.

Narration: The encounter with the young Largo led to Satoshi and Pikachu embarking on a strange and wonderful adventure...

Satoshi: hey, what kind of festival is the wind festival anyway?
Largo: Well, you see...
View attachment 109399
Largo: It's a festival held once a year where we get to meet Lugia...
Satoshi: Lugia?!

Largo: The relationship between the legendary Pokémon Lugia and Fura City is as follows...

Satoshi: Don't you get super excited...
Satoshi: ...thinking about how you might get to meet Lugia, Pikachu?
Largo: Heheh.

Largo: I know that feeling.
Satoshi: Hm?

Largo: Lugia isn't...
Largo: ...the only one we might get to meet!

Largo: There's another anecdote that relates to Fura City as well.
View attachment 109400
Largo: There's a legend that says...

Largo: ...that deep in the mountain recesses of this city... of Fura City...

Largo: ...lives the mythical Pokémon Zeraora!
View attachment 109401
Satoshi: Mythical... Pokémon?!

Text: "A Pocket Monster the Movie - Everyone's Story Side Story: Episode Zeraora" starts serialization as a Corocoro-exclusive secret episode next issue!

It was.

Lol, Satoshi and food. A Snorlax really fits him. :p

So... I think Ash will help Lisa to catch Eevee. The next scene with the girl and Zeraora has appeared before in the previous trailer, though so nothing new about that bit.

New picture:

32545726_1695395290546751_2040957781770502144_n.jpg

What I'm mainly concerned about is if that Sneasel and Houndoom belong to a bad guy...
(preferable one wearing an R on their clothes ;) )

I have to say I'm actually kind of hyped and I normally don't follow the movies when they're first released. Trito is my absolute favorite I hope he gains the confidence he deserves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom