• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
The art style is gorgeous. I certainly did not expect a sequel to the previous film. Lugia's theme is also a surprise. There's something in the water too. Was that supposed to be Lugia?

One of the writers said Ash met all of his companions... later. That's why it looks weird to me. That's all.

Later can be after this movie.

Sorry to break people's excitement but this movie is being directed by Tetsuo Yajima(Director of XY/XYZ) and not Yuyama for the first time so anyone who didn't enjoy XY(quite a lot) will probably not enjoy this too.

Good news IMO, I'm eager to see a Pokemon movie directed by someone other than Yuyama.

Haven't seen M20 yet but it'll be interesting to see if this new movie has as many callbacks to old stuff since it won't be the anniversary anymore... That Lugia flute theme certainly is nostalgic, and the gyaru girl gives off a slight Melody vibe with the sunglasses.

Sorry to break people's excitement but this movie is being directed by Tetsuo Yajima(Director of XY/XYZ) and not Yuyama for the first time so anyone who didn't enjoy XY(quite a lot) will probably not enjoy this too.
Yuyama should have retired a long time ago. A brand new director would have been better, though.

I'm expecting romance in this movie.

Official YouTube Teaser & First Poster

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdMWIgZIPD8&feature=youtu.be

Official YouTube upload

DQumUWsUQAA0QB_.jpg:large

Poster (edit - changed to better quality version). Rainbow hair girl is shown prominently, but her face is obscured, which really makes her seem even more mysterious.

Last edited:
DQuALfkXcAUkvLm.jpg:large

Poster (unfortunately not very good quality). Rainbow hair girl is shown prominently, but her face is obscured, which really makes her seem even more mysterious.

His pants and shoes look similar to his SM outfit, which makes me wonder if this is taking place in alternate Alola.

The movie is early this year. I dot mind the artstyle except it irises. I think Ash is going to meet legendary pokemon again. Maybe we will see more of his pokemon

Well whattaya know!:confused:

Just please tell me they'll use Zeraora (or whatever they use) better than they did Marshadow.

Heck, that wouldn't take much...

Last edited:
Another random re-telling movie? Geez, why they aren't doing any movies revolving around Alola? This is probably one of the most interesting regions we've ever had and there's plenty they could do with movies, but instead they're choosing to do retold stories of regions we've already seen enough of? I'll need more details on this; for now I'm disappointed.

That said, Ash's design looks great.

This looks........genuinely interesting.....

Movie 2 similarities, huh? Maybe the Rocket trio.....maybe this is where this Satoshi meets them....maybe.....(^:

but jesus fuck his outfit looks similar to his XY one pleeeaaasseee don't let this mean a return of XY!Satoshi. Why couldn't it have looked like his AG outfit, which would have been the logical next step and also his best outfit ;-;

This looks........genuinely interesting.....

Movie 2 similarities, huh? Maybe the Rocket trio.....maybe this is where this Satoshi meets them....maybe.....(^:

but jesus fuck his outfit looks similar to his XY one pleeeaaasseee don't let this mean a return of XY!Satoshi. Why couldn't it have looked like his AG outfit, which would have been the logical next step and also his best outfit ;-;
Well this movie is being directed by the person who directed XY.

Am I the only one who dosen't really like that Ash looks a lot older in this movie and the whole romance vibe this movie has as well.

He doesn't look older to me (at least no compared to XYZ), but yeah, I have no interest in any romance angle with a movie-exclusive girl. The shojo art style doesn't help.

The girl does look older, as evidenced by those hips.

WAIT IS IT A POKEMON X DIGIMON CROSSOVER?!!

WHY THE HELL IS MIMI IN THIS TRAILER?! LOL

Hmm, so some people on Twitter have been noting that the color of Rainbow Hair girl's bracelet/bracelets are inconsistent.

m21pokeball.png

Right hand: green and red
Left hand: nothing

DQumUWsUQAA0QB_.jpg

(seemingly) right hand: white and red
Left hand: not visible

This probably won't have any significance, but I felt it would be worth pointing out.

It's funny, because the art style in a way reminds me of SM's, at least for me. When I first saw it in still, I absolutely hated it. Once I actually watched the trailer, it looked amazing in motion. I'm assuming it will grow on me like SM's did, but that rainbow girl is really throwing me. Just looks really odd.

I didn't like M20, so I'm not really thrilled with this. I also love the SM characters, so I'm really not happy they're still not getting a movie appearance. I was hoping maybe they'd go a different route plot wise for this movie (so like M20, but better organized and not as crammed) but with the SM characters. I'm just personally not a huge fan of this whole AU concept.

Did Lugia’s theme sound different Japan or something or am I just missing something lol Cause those notes sounded similar but were definitely not the Lugia’s theme I’m used to.

I loved XYZ so I have high hopes for this movie. A little disappointed that Ash’s Alola companions aren’t getting any cinematic love (especially Lillie), but I’m always up for some more nostalgia. Plus I feel like we have a long ways to go before the next Pokémon games which means there’s still hope for an SM movie in summer 2019.

Weird how they’re really emphasizing this COTD girl. Wonder if she has any connection to someone we’re already familiar with? (other than Ash of course)

If SM Ash looked like this, I'd have been very happy tbh. That aside I've seen a lot of ppl speculate that this is a Lugia movie retelling, some going even as far as saying this girl is a redesigned Melody. I do find it a bit hilarious that the companions nor the art style of SM is being used for the movies. More info would be nice but so far the Lugia music at the end does give one room to speculate especially if it's a continuation of the AU Ash from M20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom