• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Lugia’s theme sound different Japan or something or am I just missing something lol Cause those notes sounded similar but were definitely not the Lugia’s theme I’m used to.

I loved XYZ so I have high hopes for this movie. A little disappointed that Ash’s Alola companions aren’t getting any cinematic love (especially Lillie), but I’m always up for some more nostalgia. Plus I feel like we have a long ways to go before the next Pokémon games which means there’s still hope for an SM movie in summer 2019.

Weird how they’re really emphasizing this COTD girl. Wonder if she has any connection to someone we’re already familiar with? (other than Ash of course)
Dub lugia theme is different

Unlike movie 20, there's no need for the writers to create the whole storyline around a bunch of loosely-related OS retellings, so I'm pretty interested in seeing which kind of story they will try to tell here.

It was probably fairly obvious, but the official site states that it is "a new adventure, started by 'I Choose You!'" (“キミにきめた!”から始まった、新たな冒険。), so it's pretty much confirmed that it's set in the same continuity if that was in doubt.

Hm okay well after looking at the poster art more it seems like this outfit is more of an original one and only kind of resembles his XY outfit around the sleeves of the jacket. Whereas the only real difference in the M20 outfit was the hat.

I wonder if this new series of films will only last during Sun&Moon or be a more permanent thing. It's kind of funny that, if this film does follow the precedent of the last one, the filmmakers would rather make up whole new characters for the films than give any sort of substance to the main ones.

I have so many questions about this movie. Will the soundtrack be more remixed pieces of older work? Are they gonna milk nostalgia out of this (not sure of what, it doesn't seem based on anything but maybe the Lugia movie) and then make it a hollow husk of something better? We didn't know about Makoto and Souji until like March/April so I'm sure it'll be awhile until we know more about that.

Really my only hopes for this film are that the Rocket trio get SOMETHING worthwhile, especially because the main show is treating them so well this series. But I guess since this isn't technically a SM film and it's the XY director I can't hope for much.

It's definitely based on the Lugia movie to some extent (the silhouette, sea and melody spell it out), but I am not sure Lawrence III will get an expy. I'm guessing there won't be a weather disaster to stop.

I wonder if this new series of films will only last during Sun&Moon or be a more permanent thing.
I'd say that depends on the box office numbers. Movie 20 did about as well as the Keldeo movie, which was followed by worse numbers for the Genesect movie (loosely based on the first movie) and Diancie one (not a good start for a generation). By the Hoopa movie they had an all-time low.

So this continuity will probably have at least one more movie after this one. I don't think they care about what anime series is airing, seeing as there is zero connection.

Last edited:
I guessing with the Lugia theme (which they'll change to the not-as-good dub version of the song for the dub of this movie) that this movie takes place in the Orange Islands? And M22 will take place in Johto finishing off this movie series by covering all the regions Satoshi travelled to in the first series?

I agree with @Cresselia92 with the Cardcaptor Sakura look to Satoshi, the new character designer made him look very shoujo-y. Dunno why they didn't keep the M20 design if it's continuing the story set up by that movie.

I do think it's likely to be the Orange Islands even if the plot is quite different. Ash's clothes are a bit unfitting for Johto (well, not really, but he's only worn shorter pants in Alola), and it's worth noting that Lugia and Slowking are seen at the end of the previous movie.

The next movie should be about the GS Ball. More Unown goodness would be appreciated, too.

Dunno why they didn't keep the M20 design if it's continuing the story set up by that movie.
Pandering to the shoujo fans the romance angle is aimed at.

Last edited:
I think dub verion destroys Japanese version lugia theme. I'm a Japanese guy

Wits Studio Collab, and Orange Island retelling with some movie 2 mixed in? This is going to be one hell of a movie. And that redesign is banging.

The movie looks amazing! I love that kind of art style. I'm super excited for it. I hope it goes to theatres again!

God pleeeeaasseeee don't go the XY route of making Satoshi a boring generic shounen anime protag and this girl Serena 2.0. 3 years was enough of that thank you very much

Apparently the text on the poster says "Without you, the adventure won't start", this movie looks like it's going to be shipping garbage unfortunately (it's pretty obvious why).

The problem is I don't think that kids enjoyed generic protag. Ash or any of the shipping crap with Serena, so I don't know what they are going for here. It feels like the entire purpose is just to pander to older fans/fans who enjoyed XY and can't accept Pokemon is for kids, the same people who hate on SM consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom