• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: The Power of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The Movie's Dub Title is "The Power of Us"...
3lruwDh_d.jpg

Last edited:
I see it more a reference than straight out saying that this is a remake (which is not, by the way). Besides, if the summaries are to consider, this movie is indeed about multiple characters working together, aka “us”.

Probably could have worked with a different title, but I don’t find it bad.

It’s also getting a theatrical release from Fathom Events.

Though this time I’ll probabrly miss it out after the catastrophe that was I Choose You.

I think that the title is fine. They probably wanted to have a reference to The Power of One title given that it features Lugia. It still isn't a remake. Even if you don't know anything about the movie, the trailer for it makes it clear that it isn't anything like the second movie, so I don't see the issue. They probably could have gone with a different title that felt a bit more natural, but this one is fine.

I'm kind of surprised that they are giving it a limited run in theaters. It made sense to do that with I Choose You since that was the anime's 20th anniversary movie and a reimagining of Ash's first journey would be appealing to a lot of people. I didn't think that they'd do the same thing with this movie. I usually have pretty decent luck with limited releases, so I'll see if I can see this movie in theaters too.

With the movie doing about as well as I Choose You! so far in Japan and last year's international showings being successful enough that they added two more showings at the last minute, in that way it makes sense for them to release it in theaters again. As long as a limited theatrical release makes them more money than just showing on TV, I think they'll keep doing it.

I am going to see this on November 24th. It is my belated birthday movie.

Oooh, does anyone have any details about UK theatrical release cinemas/dates?

I don't watch the current dub anymore so I don't know if this is the norm or what but good God does this sound like garbage.

Lisa sounds like a middle aged woman instead of a high school student.
Kagachi is just fucking atrocious.
Hisui is obviously a woman in her 20s / 30s putting on a cartoony "old woman voice"
Largo's voice is about 10 years too old.

Torito is literally the only character in this who doesn't sound like a complete disaster.

Like, I know this is an early trailer and all and the final product will probably (?) be better. But holy shit is this a terrible first impression.

I think I heard Haven Paschall somewhere in the trailer so she's probably in it as well.
I'm actually thinking from what I heard that Haven Paschall is dub Lisa and like Kevin said, Alyson Rosenfeld is dub Largo.

I don't think they needed to change the title to that at all, that's pretty lame imo, but the logo looked much better than that awful one for I Choose You imo.

On the voice acting, well..

Dogasu for once hit the nail on the head to me. It's rare that I ever agree with him on this particular topic, but here...

View: https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/1023945690622259200

View: https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/1024063793494540288

...is one of the few times I'm hearing what he's hearing.

Music and script wise, nothing bad yet, but in the actual dub of M21 I expect most of the OST to be changed as per TPCi's SOP these days, and definitely some script rewrites present when it's released in English.

Doubtful there will be censorship since this is a Movie, and not the Anime dub so they're allowed to get away with more in theaters, but Dogasu said one scene has a 50/50 shot of being kept or replaced, we'll see...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom