• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: The Power of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portsmouth is too far away for me! It is pretty close taking into account the whole of England but I have university lol

Yaaaaaaaay showing at one of my local cinemas (although the timings are not yet listed so I can't actually book a ticket...) Can't believe how many cinemas are running it actually, from Truro to Inverness, we-eird!

Laurie Hymes (Voice of Lillie in SM) has confirmed she will also be in M21, but didn't say what character

As for tickets, I'm hoping to bring a friend, but my and their parents need to meet up first, so I'm sitting here waiting. Already know what theater I'm going to, its over in Kennesaw and I hear its pretty neat.

Laurie Hymes (Voice of Lillie in SM) has confirmed she will also be in M21, but didn't say what character

Can't say I'm surprised, from experience with Lisa Ortiz, they're not really allowed to discuss roles until the episode or in this case movie in question has aired

The Singaporean website for the movie has character profiles with what appear to be the English dub names for some characters: Our Hopes. Our Dreams. Our Stories. | Movie | The official Pokémon Website in Singapore Note that these names are not 100% confirmed for now as no official word has come from the US or UK sites, and this site notably misspells Chansey as "Chancey" and a couple of profiles still use the original name for Fula City, Fuura City.

Largo = Margo
Lisa = Risa
Torito = Toren
Kagachi = Callahan
Hisui = Harriet
Riku = Rick
Mayor Oliver = Mayor (maybe they omit his actual name? Weird)

Edit: the names are now confirmed to be true.

Last edited:
Literally why? Why can't they just call her Lisa? They did the same thing with Mary, but here it's even more baffling, at least Mary looked like she might have an exotic name.
Both of the sibling's names begin with "ri" in English; keeping that theme was more important to them than using common names. Remember that in Japanese, "r" and "l" are allophones, so リサ (Lisa/Risa) and リク (Riku) both start with リ (ri) even though they can be romanized differently.

Personally I prefer "Risa" and "Rick" over "Lisa" and "Lick"...

Both of the sibling's names begin with "ri" in English; keeping that theme was more important to them than using common names. Remember that in Japanese, "r" and "l" are allophones, so リサ (Lisa/Risa) and リク (Riku) both start with リ (ri) even though they can be romanized differently.

Personally I prefer "Risa" and "Rick" over "Lisa" and "Lick"...

If that's what they were going for then Risa makes substantially more sense.

Singapore starting on November 15

It turns out Singapore is actually getting it earlier, with two early screenings for GV Movie Club members at 7:30 pm on November 12 (one with Japanese audio and one with English audio). Attendees also get a file, handheld fan, and a lanyard. The Philippines are also getting the movie in cinemas on December 5, 2018.

It's kind of unfortunate continental Europe/Latin America don't seem to be getting any showings in theaters, unlike last year.

So this umm... Intresting.

Looks like your usual Answerman column but theeennn ya get to the part where they quickly mention the dub for the latest Pokemon film.
Answerman - Why Do Edited for TV Dubs Change An Anime's Music?

"For example, the English-language version of the most recent Pokémon film - Pokémon: The Power of Us - uses the complete original Japanese score."

No nooo, that can't be right. This isn't the TPCI that I know of, next thing you'll know they'll ask someone like NYAV Post to take over dubbing duties and get more ADR script writers. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom