• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview M22: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Reaction score
They are rather limited on how they can describe their feelings on the movie if they aren't allowed to formally announce anything yet. They seemed excited/happy about it to me. Sarah Natochenny wearing Ash's SM hat is kind of adorable though.

Reaction score
I think somewhere it was mentioned that the movies' production finishes on April or May, so it makes sense that they're talking about the actual movie. Besides, nobody would be dumb enough to confuse a trailer dub for a movie dub.

So this means that either the movie is being released in the summer, or that Dogasu's theory that the lip movements will be reanimated using the English dub is real.

Future VA
Reaction score
I learned Ed Goldfarb, obviously, will be working on this movie. can't say much else though and I don't know if it's full BGM or just OP and ED.
All I can say is, the trailer will tell us for sure

Not Dead
Reaction score
Isn't it unusual for a movie to remain unannounced for this long?

Future VA
Reaction score
M20 got it's first trailer in September

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Bulbaragarden's Mewtwo Strikes Back Evoluton review thread was hijacked by dub discussion ages ago so hopefully all that will get migrated over here instead.

Anyway, if they're wrapping up voice recording now, and they're aiming for a November release date (to coincide with the 20th anniversary of 4Kids' Pokémon The First Movie) then that only gives the animators about three months to redo all the mouth flaps. It's doable, I suppose, especially since the titular character only ever uses telepathy, but it still feels a little tight. Hopefully the animation staff doesn't have to crunch too much to get the movie out on time.

Also ugh, typical of TPCI to jerk fans back and forth by bringing Goldfarb back after doing so well last year. The moral of this story is to never bother having any optimism of the English dub ever improving, I guess.

Future VA
Reaction score
Also ugh, typical of TPCI to jerk fans back and forth by bringing Goldfarb back after doing so well last year. The moral of this story is to never bother having any optimism of the English dub ever improving, I guess.
Ed was visiting Japan during production of M21, so he didn't do the BGM because of that

Last edited:
ポケモンGetto Daze
Reaction score
ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Ed was visiting Japan during production of M21, so he didn't do the BGM because of that
oh

well, in that case

Mr. Goldfarb! May I invite you to come to Japan this year, and also every year after that? And if you come to Tokyo I'd be more than happy to act as your personal tour guide! It'll be fun!

Not Dead
Reaction score
M20 got it's first trailer in September
They announced a limited theatrical release in late July, and the same thing happened last year (with a trailer). The Volcanion movie got a trailer in early August.

Not that it matters much, but still.

Reaction score
Are you sure? Why would he choose a trip over a very prestigious job that would be able to pay at least 5 trips? And why didn't TPCi hire someone else?

Future VA
Reaction score
Are you sure? Why would he choose a trip over a very prestigious job that would be able to pay at least 5 trips? And why didn't TPCi hire someone else?
My only guess is making BGM for episodes and movies non-stop is exhausting

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
If Ed's music takes more than two minutes per track, I'll be quite impressed

I still haven't gotten over how ridiculously goofy Ho-Oh's dub theme was in M20 (When Ash battled it at the end of the film)

I'll wait for the sub release

CHOCOLATE
Reaction score
Hope Goldfarb's just working on the OP/ED or something, but blegh, I'm not surprised. I'd caught wind that Power of Us only retained its soundtrack because he was too busy at the time and figured from then on it would just be a one-off.

I'll wait for someone to swap out the dub score with the Japanese original before watching it dubbed then.

Status
Not open for further replies.