• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Was slightly announced on Sarah Natochenny's stream today. They say they "just dubbed it" and it's "pretty cool" but they can't say anything about it.
In the spirit of M20 and M21 I'm making another dub preview thread for M22.
Here's hoping for a trailer soon!

View: https://twitter.com/worldofkevinc/status/1134998332273778688

It's just "pretty cool?" The lack of genuine interest that they display towards this movie...

Image result for britney nervous gif

Last edited:
I think somewhere it was mentioned that the movies' production finishes on April or May, so it makes sense that they're talking about the actual movie. Besides, nobody would be dumb enough to confuse a trailer dub for a movie dub.

So this means that either the movie is being released in the summer, or that Dogasu's theory that the lip movements will be reanimated using the English dub is real.

Bulbaragarden's Mewtwo Strikes Back Evoluton review thread was hijacked by dub discussion ages ago so hopefully all that will get migrated over here instead.

Anyway, if they're wrapping up voice recording now, and they're aiming for a November release date (to coincide with the 20th anniversary of 4Kids' Pokémon The First Movie) then that only gives the animators about three months to redo all the mouth flaps. It's doable, I suppose, especially since the titular character only ever uses telepathy, but it still feels a little tight. Hopefully the animation staff doesn't have to crunch too much to get the movie out on time.

Also ugh, typical of TPCI to jerk fans back and forth by bringing Goldfarb back after doing so well last year. The moral of this story is to never bother having any optimism of the English dub ever improving, I guess.

Also ugh, typical of TPCI to jerk fans back and forth by bringing Goldfarb back after doing so well last year. The moral of this story is to never bother having any optimism of the English dub ever improving, I guess.

Ed was visiting Japan during production of M21, so he didn't do the BGM because of that

Last edited:
Ed was visiting Japan during production of M21, so he didn't do the BGM because of that

oh

well, in that case

Mr. Goldfarb! May I invite you to come to Japan this year, and also every year after that? And if you come to Tokyo I'd be more than happy to act as your personal tour guide! It'll be fun!

Are you sure? Why would he choose a trip over a very prestigious job that would be able to pay at least 5 trips? And why didn't TPCi hire someone else?

'Prestigious job'? He composes cheap synthesizer music for a kid's show. You make it sound like he's a brain surgeon or a five-star general. :X3:

Hope Goldfarb's just working on the OP/ED or something, but blegh, I'm not surprised. I'd caught wind that Power of Us only retained its soundtrack because he was too busy at the time and figured from then on it would just be a one-off.

I'll wait for someone to swap out the dub score with the Japanese original before watching it dubbed then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom