• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
So uhhhhh what the heck
We're in the second week of September with no trailers.

This movie definitely is likely not to get a Fathom release, given that the past 2 movies were announced early August. Straight to Disney XD it is

I'd be kind of surprised if that is the case. A remake of the first movie sounds like it would be a good fit for a Fathom release, but we also probably would have gotten some news about the movie by now if that was the case.

I wonder if they will remake Brother My Brother tell me what we are figthing she love one another tell me what we peetend we can try beothee my brother we face eath other in different side....

What dou you think guys

So uhhhhh what the heck
We're in the second week of September with no trailers.

This movie definitely is likely not to get a Fathom release, given that the past 2 movies were announced early August. Straight to Disney XD it is
And then quietly forgotten and relagated to the bargain bin like most other Pokemon films shortly afterwards.

and straight to DVD only if we want to be extra desperate...

I just find it absolutely amusing that we still don't know 100% that TPCI is going to go with "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution" as the title for this thing (yes, even after the Anime Expo showing). They're just as likely to turn around and rename it "Pokémon 3D” or "Mewtwo Spell of the Unknown" or "Pokémon Evolution" or whatever.

Last edited:
Thanks to Pokebeach we know that a M22 TCG Tin is coming to the US on November 22nd, 2019.
This tin also reveals the name of the movie, which is indeed "Mewtwo Strikes Back - Evolution"

The dub title is fine at least, so there's that. But knowing that Goldfarb or whatever his name is will be in charge of massacring the soundtrack is just...

Related image
Do we know if he's doing the whole soundtrack or just the end credits song?

What do you mean by that, exactly?
Well, for one thing, will it be a more accurate dub of the Mewtwo story than the first film was?

Honestly, they should just copy the entire soundtrack from the first Pokemon movie (4kids dub). It's much better than the original soundtrack anyways, and people would feel nostalgic over it as well; thus greater interest in the movie

Honestly, they should just copy the entire soundtrack from the first Pokemon movie (4kids dub). It's much better than the original soundtrack anyways, and people would feel nostalgic over it as well; thus greater interest in the movie

Does TPCI own the rights to the 4Kids music from that movie?

Does TPCI own the rights to the 4Kids music from that movie?
I assume they own everything from the 4Kids dub. They used to use 4Kids music in the dub all the time, including from the movies. They weaned off of it in Diamond & Pearl but would occasionally bust out an older track ("Double Trouble" being used as an insert in Lean, Mean Team Rocket Machine, for example).

soundtrack from the first Pokemon movie (4kids dub). It's much better than the original soundtrack anyways

Image result for i have to laugh gif

and people would feel nostalgic over it as well; thus greater interest in the movie

I highly doubt that keeping the old 4Kids soundtrack would attract that much more interest in the movie tbh. Besides, what's so bad about the Japanese soundtrack? Most of the songs from the Japanese version of the 1st movie were used in the main anime's English dub at some point beginning in late Kanto anyway, so it's not like the songs wouldn't at least be familiar to most of the older fans who are into nostalgia trips.

Last edited:
I'm scared if it turns out to be the TPCI voice actors re-voicing the 4Kids script (possibly with new ones for the extended opening scene), and yes songs like "Brother My Brother" are reused (or re-recorded by session singers).

Or what if Mewtwo appears with his original heroic "I'm so powerful!" personality? Cue the hate...

My guess is they’ll probably use the script they used for the subs they made, since it differed from the Japanese version. I don’t know why they would go to the trouble of writing an entire script then wouldn’t use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom