• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
This gives credence to the theory that english dub will be send straight to Netflix.

Well, Netflix has been interested in the series more than usual for a long time, according to some sources they even wanted the rights for the live-action film, so 2019 could be the year they got the deal. I just hope they make foreign dubs synced with the English release, or that at least they don't come too late.

If they want to release M22 along the first batch of Season 23 (which would be 6 episodes minimum if we go by Netflix's other releases) then it would be premiering around May at the earliest. Even if M22 comes out independently, it would have to premiere some time after The Power of Us which isn't on Netflix yet, so this news doesn't really please the people who want to see the movie soon.

But who knows, it might be just a placeholder so it's better to wait for real news.

And to top that off, most of these Netflix anime exclusives barely get any sort of home media release of any kind so there's another possible chance that it might not even get a DVD or Blu-Ray release either.

I'm not interested in this particular movie but no physical release would be extremely lame.

Idk how I feel about the release of this movie, but tbh since the ratings likely would've been shit if the movie had premiered on Disney XD anyway, I guess a Netflix release makes sense. Hopefully there will be tons of promo for it.

Eh, not a fan of them going to Netflix exclusively but then I remembered the last two movies were complete garbage, and this one is literally just a remake.
If they get the dub rights full out then I'll get Netflix again

I'm now starting to wonder if maybe this is a test to see how well the movie can do on streaming. Perhaps this might convince them to move the anime there? Though what about Disney+ or even XD for that matter? So many questions.

I'm now starting to wonder if maybe this is a test to see how well the movie can do on streaming. Perhaps this might convince them to move the anime there? Though what about Disney+ or even XD for that matter? So many questions.
It's just a matter of who is willing to pay more and what kind of contract was signed with Disney XD. Netflix has more reasons to be desperate for anime content.

Tbh given the recent launch of Disney+, I'm surprised that the movie isn't being released exclusively on that platform.

Tbh given the recent launch of Disney+, I'm surprised that the movie isn't being released exclusively on that platform.

I've been wondering that myself. I'm sure it probably has something to do with distribution rights (Disney doesn't technically own Pokemon, they just air it) but I'd love at least having the older seasons on a streaming platform. Disney Now (which is a separate platform from Disney+) is where you can watch all the dubbed seasons right now, but it's a terrible app. Having them all on an actual streaming platform would be so much better.

It's just a matter of who is willing to pay more and what kind of contract was signed with Disney XD. Netflix has more reasons to be desperate for anime content.

I'd be interested to see new episodes of Pokémon offered on a streaming service like Netflix or Disney+, but I lean more towards the latter since Disney can offer TPCi both a streaming platform as well as a broadcast on the side. They may as well go for the more ambitious of the two services anyway, I only care about Netflix's Stranger Things and She-Ra anymore.

I just want to see it in the theater and buy it on Blu Ray. I don't want to stream it.
I missed Power of Us because I didn't know when it was on until 2 days after the last screening.

Reminds me of how I missed the Love Live movie and the Love Live Sunshine movie got cancelled here despite me regularly checking this time.

Has anyone tried asking TPCi? Contact Us
Edit: Here's the non response I got
mewtwo strikes back evolution.PNG

Last edited:
I also missed Power of Us, but I really want to see the Mewtwo movie in theaters. I keep waiting for more news about it.

I haven't managed to see a Pokemon movie in theaters since the original three where releasing normally.

I also don't really like MSBE from what I'm aware of. They even ruined some of the original's more iconic scenes, such as taking away the bubbles from the Mewtwo vs. Mew scene since both can psychically levitate (and I'm happy with them not using The Uncut Story Of Mewtwo's Origin in it #unpopularopinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom