• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless something changes, SM146 seems to be airing on March 7 which is a Saturday. Around the same time, the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX game releases on March 6. Maybe we can expect the movie on that weekend since it already has two major milestones around that time?

When Disney XD announced the airing of Movie 21 on Twitter November 28, 2018, it aired 11 days later on December 8. So here's hoping it happens again on February 26 for Movie 22!

I would think that Disney XD would have aired the movie by now if there weren't a conflict with Netflix.

I am one hundred percent sure that's Dan Green voicing Mewtwo. It sounds like a slightly less deep version of his Yami Yugi voice. I do miss hearing Dan Green in new dubs, so that is a nice bonus for this movie in my book.

I'm glad that we're finally getting some news and announcement for this movie. I'm kind of surprised that it is going to be on Netflix, but that might explain why there was a delay in releasing it. I still don't understand why they didn't put it in theaters instead. It seems like an odd choice when it probably would have done well enough for a limited release. I also hope that this doesn't mean that the anime will move away from Disney XD. I like how they have been handling the anime for the most part, especially when compared to Cartoon Network. Plus, I don't have a Netflix account, so I'll have to decide if I'll finally get a free trial for this movie or just wait for it to come out on DVD.

I also hope that this doesn't mean that the anime will move away from Disney XD. I like how they have been handling the anime for the most part, especially when compared to Cartoon Network. Plus, I don't have a Netflix account, so I'll have to decide if I'll finally get a free trial for this movie or just wait for it to come out on DVD.

I'm honestly shocked Netlfix picked it up and not Disney+. Considering the bad blood these two companies have had since the whole fallout with the MCU shows, I can't imagine Disney being happy about this. Will Movie 22 even air on Disney XD now? That by itself will be interesting to see.

Announcing this after the latest dub episode makes a lot of sense, so maybe the wait was intentional? Either way, we are finally getting this movie and hopefully a DVD/Blu-ray date isn't far behind.

I'm honestly shocked Netlfix picked it up
Seems to have become some sort of secret home for CG anime movies that can be dropped off by their distributors considering they've landed this and Dragon Quest: Your Story.

I wouldn't be surprised if that recent CG Lupin III movie ends up in Netflix's hands... if it even does depending on who gets it.

Netflix needs Japanese movies more than Disney does. It wouldn't be surprising if Netflix offered to pay more for dropping the theatrical release.

I'm honestly shocked Netlfix picked it up and not Disney+. Considering the bad blood these two companies have had since the whole fallout with the MCU shows, I can't imagine Disney being happy about this. Will Movie 22 even air on Disney XD now? That by itself will be interesting to see.

Announcing this after the latest dub episode makes a lot of sense, so maybe the wait was intentional? Either way, we are finally getting this movie and hopefully a DVD/Blu-ray date isn't far behind.

Disney shouldn't have everything, so this is a good thing to have a little bit of a rivalry on the market.

I'm SO happy we're finally going to get to see this movie!

I'm not happy the Netflix thing turned out to be true. I still would've loved to see this movie in theaters first. I have Netflix, but I don't really like it and didn't plan on keeping it a whole lot longer. Hopefully this isn't a sign that this is where the anime is going, too.

I am happy to see that the movie will be having an English Release, and I'm even slightly more willing to actually watch it now since I'm not directly paying for it.

Still, not a big thing for me personally. I still can not stand how people look. If anything I'll probably just skim the movie. I own the original Mewtwo so I can always watch that one if I want that nostalgia boost.

A small prediction: As I'm aware that every single Netflix Original will be sucessful, what if MSBE recieves that treatment and then causes demand for the original First Movie to be added ("I don't like this new CGI crap! They even heavily altered some of the most iconic visual elements!" are the replies from hardcore English dub causals, the Netflix Original generation won't care), which is sucessfuly appiled by TPCI?

LOL, the VIZ Media blurb for the manga tie-in says "The graphic novel tie-in to the latest Pokémon movie of the same name, a CGI remake of the first Pokémon movie, released in theaters nationwide"

I guess Netflix swooped in at the last moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom