• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review M22: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/Her
Pikachu and the other Pokemon crying still drove me to tears even with that terrible CGI.

I decided to skim around the movie to watch a few scenes. I'll admit that while I still hate the look of the movie, the backgrounds do actually look good, and I even somewhat got used to the look of the characters.

When I have the time, I might actually give the movie a go.

Reaction score
Three months have passed without any word on a Blu-ray/DVD release from Viz Media, which was the normal gap for precious movies. Considering this movie was the first to be licensed as a Netflix premiere, I'm starting to worry if they stipulated longer gaps for physical releases of the dub.

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Three months have passed without any word on a Blu-ray/DVD release from Viz Media, which was the normal gap for precious movies. Considering this movie was the first to be licensed as a Netflix premiere, I'm starting to worry if they stipulated longer gaps for physical releases of the dub.
Or perhaps because it's on Netflix they don't want to release it physically since that means less people will watch it on their platform

Reaction score
Netflix revealed on its website on Friday that anime viewership was "up over 100%" in the United States on the streaming platform this year. The Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution film was the most watched anime title this year (Netflix also stated the American-animated Blood of Zeus show was the other most-watched "anime" title in 2020).
Source: Anime Viewership on Netflix in U.S. is 'Up Over 100%' in 2020

That's great news for Netflix and TPCi!

22 years...... Still here!
Reaction score
This just makes me curious how the Journeys series is doing over there. It's a good sign indeed!