• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
People really comparing it to SM designs? And even see it as worser than SM? I find it really unfair. Humans looks like how Kanto characters usually look. I'm not sure what you were expecting. We didn't even see yet how they move.

The end theme has been announced to be a new rendition of the original end theme "Kaze to issho ni" by Sachiko Kobayashi, however this time it will be sung by Sachiko Kobayashi as well as Shoko Nakagawa and arranged by Seiji Kameda. It'll also be released on CD in Japan on July 10th 2019
I'm glad that Sachiko is back for the song and presumably to voice Miranda. As for Shoko, while her three songs to date haven't impressed me (probably because of the music, so it wasn't her fault), her inclusion is a nice reminder that she was a teenager when the first movie premiered.

I'm guessing that she will replace Ayako Shiraishi as Nurse Joy, since the latter retired in 2002 and Shoko voiced another Joy two years ago. I'm pretty sure that the only other VA replacements will be for Giovanni and maybe Raymond (the Donphan guy, who might be redesigned and renamed) for practical reasons. Unsho Ishizuka managed to record his narration before he passed away.

Last edited:
According to Serebii news;

It has been confirmed that during the Japanese Variety Show, Oha Suta, set to air on Thursday April 11th 2019 there will be brand new world exclusive information about the upcoming movie Pokémon the Movie Mewtwo Strikes Back EVOLUTION as well as announcements on various guest voice actors. We'll provide full information as it happens so be sure to check back

Just in time, I was wondering where our early April trailer was this year. I need to see Rocket faces!

As for the ending theme, I am beyond thrilled that Kobayashi is back for Kaze to Issho ni - my favourite song in the entire franchise. I hope Shokotan's polished plastic professional Pokefan thing doesn't wreck the feels.

I think that Jessie, James and the three COTDs all look better than Ash and co. and Nurse Joy.

Mewtwo-Second-Trailer-18.png
Mewtwo-Second-Trailer-54.png

The lack of consistency is kind of a shame, but not a deal breaker.

This movie looks horrific. So much more excited for detective Pikachu

I'm only here for the new version of Mezase Pokémon Master :cool:

I think that the human designs work a bit better in motion. Or at least they come off a bit more expressive than I thought that they would. We didn't see much of the Team Rocket trio though. The Pokemon still look much better in CGI by comparison, but it might look better once I see the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom