• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that the emphasis that's been put on Mewtwo's armored form could be foreshadowing to a Generation 8 mechanic.
If the manga is any indication, then I doubt it.

EDIT: To explain myself better, aside from the circumstances in which the armor got destroyed, the armor gets destroyed at more or less the same point in the story as the original one, and even had the same role (restraining Mewtwo), so I doubt it will be the next mechanic.

If the manga is any indication, then I doubt it.

EDIT: To explain myself better, aside from the circumstances in which the armor got destroyed, the armor gets destroyed at more or less the same point in the story as the original one, and even had the same role (restraining Mewtwo), so I doubt it will be the next mechanic.
Mewtwo could recreated the armor for a different purpose. Or maybe its brief appearance in the beginning could still count as foreshadowing.

Mewtwo could recreated the armor for a different purpose. Or maybe its brief appearance in the beginning could still count as foreshadowing.
Not sure how possible is the first one, although I feel it's pretty low since they changed so few things (for example, they kept Donphan and the New Island trainers' have exactly the same Pokémon as before). But on the second one, well, that would be crappy foreshadowing in my opinion.

Oh cool, Rica will be attending. I was afraid that they'd shoehorn Shoko into the LA screening since they seem to put her into everything movie related these days, so this is a nice change. Lemme see if I can sneak past security in my trench coat to get her autograph.

Image result for disguise gif

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as they do this expo business in London the year they do a TRio movie I can forgive this...

I know the whole Sword / Shield & Pokemon Home brouhaha is all anyone wants to talk about this week but let's not forget about this huge bombshell either!! This is the first time the Japanese version with (what I'm assuming are) English subtitles is going to get an official showing in the U.S. in the 2+ decades this franchise's been alive!! This is fucking huge!!!!

To sub people anyway....why would it matter to the sort of people who don't like Goku sounding like my Grandma infected with Hate Plague?

To sub people anyway....why would it matter to the sort of people who don't like Goku sounding like my Grandma infected with Hate Plague?
Well, the dub people had no problem with Frieza sounding like your Hate Plague infected Grandma, right?

• The implication that the subbed premiere of a rehash of an incredibly overrated movie with mediocre CGI is more important than new core games
Image result for sure jan gif

I feel like we're also supposed to care that people at this special premiere event will hear Ichimura's take on Mewtwo, but to them it'll be just another Japanese voice actor saying some lines.

Hmm, people who attend Anime Expo aren't exactly plebs. They're mostly western otakus.

So is there any indication that this will be anything OTHER than a shot-for-shot CGI remake of the first movie?
Just the different armor, and maybe Giovanni battling Mewtwo (and destroying the armor by accident) if the manga adaptation is completely faithful (which I doubt). That would exactly demonstrate how change can be negative or just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom