• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just me, but I'd love to see an alternative telling of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, though. Heck, with all the Kanto pandering for the past several years, I'd be glad with some Lucarios all over the place.
They shoehorned a Lucario into Movie 20. Maybe that's why you liked it so much.

The only 'pandering' I currently want to see is Alola and balanced Sinnoh pandering (which excludes Lucario).
But we're in for more Kanto. (Seriously, you know there’s a problem when the 20 year old roster has 3 movies now with the current Pokémon sans Incineroar and Marshadow not being featured).

You can add Midnight Lycanroc, Lurantis and Zeraora to that list. There will probably be a few more next year.

And it's only a problem if it bothers kids, to be quite honest. The movies are made for them.

I'm really not sure how they're gonna pull this off without it being divisive, if I'll be honest. We've kinda run out of Gen VII Mythicals to balance out the nostalgia bonanza. All that's left is Mew's Z-move but that's not a Pokémon...

Pull some as-of-yet unannounced Gen VIII creature into the mix, perhaps?

We have a new Pokémon, Meltan

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvLDA70ZvbU

This is only hypothetical... but since new Mythicals have a habit of showing up in movies it's possible Meltan appears in this one. It's also not farfetched to think of it in relation to Mewtwo, as both will appear in LGPE.

Yeah, Meltan is likely going to be a part of this movie, considering its the only mythical left and they already used Magearna, Marshadow, and Zeraora. I still wanna know why they haven't even bothered to do a movie featuring the Alola cast, and more Alolan Pokemon. A new mythical does end up getting shoehorned into the plot, but there's hardly any focus for any other Gen VII Pokemon, aside from Incineroar and Lycanroc.

If Marshadow can be in what was supposed to be retelling of the Kanto era and Zerora be in the Johto themed M21, I can totally see Meltan (awkwardly) being in M22...:cautious:

And yes your ears weren't deceiving you, that was Robbie Daymond as Professor Willow.

Ben Diskin was also Oak too.

Meltan will be distributed well before the movie via Go. There may be yet another mythical to make the movie distribution actually notable.

What I want most from a Mewtwo Strikes Back redo is Giovanni to be part of the plot in more then just the Prologue. That's what I was expecting from how ti was set up back in 99.
Giovanni was actually never even referred to by name in the Japanese version, or alluded to in any way until his helicopter suddenly shows up above New Island. 4Kids wanted to make his connection to Mewtwo's creation more obvious, so they added a bunch of references of him into various points of the movie.

Meltan will be distributed well before the movie via Go. There may be yet another mythical to make the movie distribution actually notable.

They could just distribute a Shiny Mythical Pokemon again like they did with Genesect for Movie 16. I'd actually like to see a Shiny Mew in this movie tbh.

Last edited:
I'm referring to his connection to how the movie was set up on the show. Those episodes were originally meant to air before the movie in Japan but the Polygon incident messed up the schedule.

Remember, two character originally unique to Mewtwo Strikes back were seen at the beginning of I Choose You. If they are also brought back as main characters in this movie I hope they can get Lisa Oritz back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom