• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Dogasu's Twitter, the 23rd movie is a Mewtwo one. All we have is a title right now, so everything else is speculation. Are we getting an AU Mewtwo movie? Will it be set in the main anime universe? Will this be the same Mewtwo from the first movie?

I wonder if it will manage to be more disappointing than the Genesect movie was, even with the real Mewtwo back. "Evolution" just screams bad news.

I don't know why they didn't keep the Lugia movie for 2019, either.

Just as I thought I wouldn't be able to take any more Gen 1 / Kanto BS.
Seriously 90% of the franchise is just "nostalgia" pandering and concept recycling at this point. I'm freaking tired.

According to Dogasu's Twitter, the 23rd movie is a Mewtwo one. All we have is a title right now, so everything else is speculation. Are we getting an AU Mewtwo movie? Will it be set in the main anime universe? Will this be the same Mewtwo from the first movie?
Dogasu also tweeted that Mewtwo's original VA is back, so yes, it's the same character. That said, I'd be be very surprised if this were a sequel rather than an AU movie, for four reasons:

1. No mention of this being a SM movie.
2. Could Mewtwo really strike back twice in the same timeline?
3. They were scared of making Movie 16 a sequel, so what's different?
4. I don't see them wrapping the AU series after just two movies.

I wonder if Makoto and Souji will be back? Or if they'll use interesting characters?

I wonder if Makoto and Souji will be back? Or if they'll use interesting characters?
It would be interesting if they somehow made Amber from Mewtwo's childhood apart of this movie's cast, but I doubt that it'll happen.

I would like it if those two did return though

I wonder if Makoto and Souji will be back?
Hopefully not. I'd rather they keep Lisa instead, and that probably isn't happening, either. I don't even like her, but at least she undergoes some development.

Or if they'll use interesting characters?
They brought back Neesha and Fergus for a cameo in Movie 20, so they still remember them. I wouldn't call either one interesting, though.

About the only way I could be interested in the movie is if Madame Boss, Miyamoto, Dr. Fuji and Amber were involved. But Shudo is dead, so anything but an exact retelling would probably be stupid.

It may be just because I'm a huge Mewtwo fanboy, but I'm personally looking forward to this already! I can't wait to see what kind of justice the new animation and art styles will give to this awesome character!

The original art style is classic, but yes, Mewtwo is incomparable to the other legendaries in terms of personality (which most of them lack).

Dogasu said:
We then see a shot similar to the one below of Mewtwo opening its eyes, though I'm sad to say that the Mewtwo shown in the teaser for next year's film is rendered in CG.
Has this ever happened before for a Pokemon? I only remember a weird trailer for the fourth Pikachu short.

Please please don't let this movie be cg........i know these teasers aren't really anything but come on....thats not what I meant when I said I like them experimenting with art styles....

And isn't this M22?

I don't know about BW's standards, but what did you like about that Mewtwo? Her compassion? There is nothing wrong with that kind of personality, but Mewtwo was designed with the opposite in mind. You have to show it become compassionate rather than take it for granted.

To say nothing of the iffy circumstances of her creation that lacked any backstory.

I don't know about BW's standards, but what did you like about that Mewtwo? Her compassion? There is nothing wrong with that kind of personality, but Mewtwo was designed with the opposite in mind. You have to show it become compassionate rather than take it for granted.

To say nothing of the iffy circumstances of her creation that lacked any backstory.
I admit that the original Mewtwo's backstory was handled better, but this new Mewtwo's change didn't come out of nowhere. We saw why it first started to trust Pokémon, and by the end of the movie, it had also started to open up to some humans as well.

Perhaps I just liked how it was just cold towards humans instead of going any further than that? It's kinda hard for me to express my emotions in words sometimes.

Also, I personally liked the new Mewtwo's female voice.

I think the movie could introduce Rainbow Rocket and then relate the plot to Ultra Necrozma. It sounds really promising.
Hmm who knows. Also I think just to show Mews Z-move too. With who will Ash travel? And which artstyle?

It would be interesting if they somehow made Amber from Mewtwo's childhood apart of this movie's cast, but I doubt that it'll happen.

I would like it if those two did return though
Wouldnt it made more sense if they did this movie before M21?

Many people on Twitter call it lame and just a manner to show Mewtwo X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom