• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the last chance. Please, give me just one Sun & Moon movie before the next gen. Just one.

This is the last chance. Please, give me just one Sun & Moon movie before the next gen. Just one.

I’m pretty sure this was it’s last chance since most regions nowadays have three movies so thus unless we get a fourth film, Alola will be the only region to have not had a single film.

Also enough with the sodding Kanto pandering already. M20 made sense for the anniversary but it’s long past and it feels like they’re honestly running out of ideas as this point (can’t blame them since they keep making yearly films).

And we have no clue what it’ll be.

Is it a remake?
A new interpretation of the story?
Will it be going in it’s own direction?

I don’t know but that rather shoddy 10 second CG trailer isn’t giving me much hope.

Last edited:
To be fair, the current movie is a fresh idea and doesn't really have anything to do with Kanto except for Eevee and Chansey, really. The only Kanto Pokemon that did much of anything memorable in Movie 20 are Pikachu (duh), Butterfree and Charizard.

We'll see about this one. It's probably going to be CG to get a bigger presence in the west.

To be fair, the current movie is a fresh idea and doesn't really have anything to do with Kanto except for Eevee and Chansey, really. The only Kanto Pokemon that did much of anything memorable in Movie 20 are Pikachu (duh), Butterfree and Charizard.

We'll see about this one. It's probably going to be CG to get a bigger
presence in the west.

I can already see it now...
watch this be some sort of collaboration between OLM and a Japanese CG studio such as Polygon Pictures.

Serious question: What did you expect? It's too early for the next generation (except for a new Pokemon or two, which we could get) and a SM movie would serve no purpose two years after USUM other than appeasing a minority. They could have moved onto Hoenn just for the kicks, but none of the AG movies were blockbusters.

LGPE have a new Pokemon which is likely to be featured in this movie. It won't be just about Mewtwo.

So... we will have a "remake" of the first movie... everybody ready for the 100th version of "Pokémon Theme"? :whistle::D
I'm ready for like I'm ready for the ice bucket challenge. Ugha it's a little sad that a theme I used to love so much has become so uninteresting due to over use and over remix.

Last edited:
If they do remix Mezase Pokemon Master again, I hope they fix the emptiness of Pikachu just saying its name over and over instead of having a group of Pokemon. But I could really see them having a completely new theme song, or none at all.

I just hope there's a new version of Together With the Wind ;-; And I know these past two films have proved more than ever that what we think will happen won't....but man if this film touched on the Miyamoto story I would feel truly blessed

Oh boy, I can't wait to not shred a single tear and roll my eyes in great disbelief once more if they remake that Ash turning into stone scene.

I'm cool with this. As long as it's the first Mewtwo again. He was always a fascinating character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom