• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I'm not looking forward to is how Mewtwo might potentially be portrayed. I just get the feeling that we'll witness a less philosophical/chaotic neutral Mewtwo than we got two decades ago, and instead get a whitewashed one that wants world peace and hands out sweets or something.

MithrandirOlorin said:
but the Polygon incident messed up the schedule.

Yeah, screw geometry. It ruins everything.

I just hope that the voice actor for meet so in no is similar to movie 1 not similar to the girl in genesect movie

If Meltan is featured in this movie, I can't help but notice that Meltan looks like it's connected to Ditto somehow. So maybe the Ditto are failed Mew Clones thing will be relevant?

The problem with remakes is that they cause many...problems. People always ask for more despite not being really necessary and they don't always improve the original material. Besides, TPC isn't Disney and can't afford to have a remake series and a original series running at the same time.

Anyway, if the movie is indeed CGI I wonder if they did it because of Meltan, which was designed to fit more in a 3D environment than in the 2D one.

Last edited:
The problem with remakes is that they cause many...problems. The people always asks for more despite not being really necessary and they don't always improve the original material. Besides, TPC isn't Disney and can't afford to have a remake series and a original series running at the same time.

Anyway, if the movie is indeed CGI I wonder if they did it because of Meltan, which was designed to fit more in a 3D environment than in the 2D one.
I am wondering how Ash will get involved and where will it take place? Who will he be travelling with? Solo? Which pokémon is he gonna use?

I am wondering how Ash will get involved and where will it take place? Who will he be travelling with? Solo? Which pokémon is he gonna use?
Traveling solo, meeting up with the other trainers Mewtwo summons, and only using Pikachu would be my best guesses

Maybe Charizard because Kanto Nostalgia/Pandering

There are two words I hate in this fandom: "pandering" and "filler." Both feel like curse words. They're used so often, and it drives me crazy.

I don't want the movie to be in 3D, but if it is, let it look like Final Fantasy newer games. Those are stunning.

It will be interesting how they approach the Mewtwo movie this time around. Since the games have him in Cerulean City, I hope it goes back there and we get some Misty action. Doubt it.

I hope they come up with something innovative enough that it doesn't feel like we've seen this before. I want seeing Mewtwo to feel like its my first time, and I want to feel the fear he should exude by his mere presence.

Based off the most recent movies, I trust their writing skills.

Kunihiko Yuyama is confirmed to return after not directing M21 and 20 years after he directed Mewtwo Strikes Back. Although there is a co-director confirmed as well, Motonori Sakakibara, making this the first Pokémon movie to have two directors.
This sounds interesting. I hope they can make the movie as good as the two previous ones. But having the director of the original movie be directing its "remake" should be a good sign, right?

This sounds interesting. I hope they can make the movie as good as the two previous ones. But having the director of the original movie be directing its "remake" should be a good sign, right?
It all depends on what they are going to do in my opinion. Is it going to be a full on remake with some tweaks, or will it inspired by Mewtwo Strikes Back while going into a totally different direction? The screenplay is by Takeshi Shudo btw, so I'm personally optimistic about it. As long as they have an interesting, at least somewhat original idea, I'm on board.

It all depends on what they are going to do in my opinion. Is it going to be a full on remake with some tweaks, or will it inspired by Mewtwo Strikes Back while going into a totally different direction. The screenplay is by Takeshi Shudo btw, so I'm personally optimistic about it. As long as they have an interesting, at least somewhat original idea, I'm on board.
Shudo? Isn't he dead?

Er, Takeshi Shudo?

As in the original director of the anime?

As in the guy who had a story bible where Pallet Town is named after the last semi-decent trainer from it (Professor Oak's grandfather)

Who has an entire two light novels filled with stuff right out of a grimdark fic?

WHo also is dead?

...... Are they using one of his posthumous scripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom