• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
The content of the teaser was disappointing, but not that bad compared to those 5-second Volcanion scene from 2015. The lightning and the movement looks nice but we have to see the trainers before making a final judgement.

I see Warner Bros. agreeing to distribute the movie if Detective Pikachu turns out to be a gigantic hit, which could happen. In that case, I'm sure they will make the movie as faithful as possible to their version of M01 milking people's nostalgia. But if that doesn't happen then we will get a more classical dub, with either the Japanese music or new music and a closer script to the original.

What if the trailer is like the first trailer to the fourth DP movie where Ho-Oh and Lugia appeared? If related, i think it's a "close-up" of a CGI Mewtwo model from the Let's Go games and a reminder that Mewtwo will appear in the Gen VII games after being excluded from the Gen 6 main games.

Then the movie will be in 2D!

What if the trailer is like the first trailer to the fourth DP movie where Ho-Oh and Lugia appeared? If related, i think it's a "close-up" of a CGI Mewtwo model from the Let's Go games and a reminder that Mewtwo will appear in the Gen VII games after being excluded from the Gen 6 main games.

Then the movie will be in 2D!

Mewtwo was in the XY games.

Many complain about that mewtwo is back seriously i don't really worry about that.
What is see more worrisome is the CG animation itself.
I mean if someone watch regularly animes knows what i mean the most anime CG animation looks awful. :<

Hmmm...those looks kind of close to some of the humans we've seen in Pokemon...

Oh, and some merchandise has confirmed the return of Mewtwo's special Pokeballs.
...though that just lowers my (already low) interest...

I bet the English title will be "Pokemon the Movie 1.2: Mewtwo Strikes Back" or something like that.

I've decided that they can't omit Miyamoto so I'm almost certainly in for a healthy dose of disappointment and therefore I've made myself a new pipe dream:
Kaze to Issho ni ED except sung by Megumi Hayashibara

Ok bye.

CoroCoro scan
CoroCoro has released information on M22:
7r3WBTQ.jpg
Translations will be posted as soon as they're available.

It's translated:
Adamant said:
Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution
Pikachu and the others have been turned into full 3DCG!!

Another major plotpoint in the movie is...
MEW!!
Mew appears in this summer's new Pokémon movie, the one that currently has everyone's attention! What is the connection between Mewtwo and Mew...?!

Mewtwo was seen flying through the sky in the teaser trailer. And Mew could be seen in front of him!!

Mew appeared in the teaser trailer as well!!

Mew:
A mythical Pokémon. It's a crucial key component in Mewtwo's birth...?!
Mewtwo: It's said to have almost the exact same genetic makeup as Mew.

Premieres Friday July 12th!!

--

Anime: At long last, we get a Grand Trial in "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon"!!

(The anime is currently airing every Sunday at 6pm on the TV Tokyo network!!)

In the episode airing February 17th, Satoshi attempts Hapu'u's Grand Trial! Pikachu is in bigger trouble than ever before!!

*How will Satoshi and Pikachu fight against Hapu'u, who they've already lost to once before?!
*Their opponent is a Banbadoro, who's a Ground type: Pikachu's weakness!

I hope it would be traditionally animated at the start and the end and kept the CGI in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom