• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
The serialization of the Mewtwo Returns manga has started.

There is a montage of Ash's team that includes Heracross, but maybe it's just a recap of the Pokemon he's used in Johto. Ash only uses Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Chikorita in the special.

Why is that Mewtwo Returns manga even a thing? It's not even really integral to this movie's plot since the events in Mewtwo Returns happen after the movie.

I don't know why they didn't invite Brock, Misty or especially Mewtwo's voice actors. The song is great (one of the only two movie songs I like), but it shouldn't be the focus.

Also, Mewtwo's Birth (with Amber) had better be part of the prologue as the first trailer implied. There is no short this time around, so they need the extra content which is pretty important.

Last edited:
Are any of our US faction going to the screening today? I guess we’re gonna start hearing details soon, either way.

I like the visuals despite the humans leaving something to be desired. The South America scenes are particularly beautiful.

I am not sure why TRio look happy when the storm starts.

Oh, they're still trying to make Rita Ora happen? :confused: Something about clone!Pikachu tackling real!Pikachu just made me cackle.

I don't think I've ever heard so unfitting a song for a trailer...

I don't know if it's just that I'm more used to them now, but even the human models are starting to look more appealing to me - Satoshi looks really expressive as throws himself between Mew/Mewtwo!

I love how they try to make Ash look threatening in some shots when here he looks about as intimidating as a cardboard box... that’s been left out in the rain and is now soggy and unusable.

isonademnemosyne from Serebii Forums said:
What is the most perplexing to me is for some reason the first half of Mewtwo's origin is adapted but the second half that features AiTwo is completely cut. She only gets a vague mention of somebody Mewtwo is trying to remember

Well that's disappointing if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom