• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's July 12: We've all forgotten about this thanks to the SwSh backlash... But the SM anime is close to a end!

It's not even going to be that great from what I believe.

It's July 12: We've all forgotten about this thanks to the SwSh backlash... But the SM anime is close to a end!

It's not even going to be that great from what I believe.

Is this thanks for me TapLover? Do you meant SwSb backlash to me?

Anyway right it is 12 july and the SM is nearby to finish.

One line I hope the dub keeps is ''We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokemon. And we succeeded''
Meanwhile, I hope they retain Mewtwo's villainous personality due to the controversy over the Genesent movie (yet no ones realises that Mewtwo did everything in a polite manner in the original Japanese version of Mewtwo Strikes Back)...

Meanwhile, I hope they retain Mewtwo's villainous personality due to the controversy over the Genesent movie (yet no ones realises that Mewtwo did everything in a polite manner in the original Japanese version of Mewtwo Strikes Back)...

I liked the villainous personality, made the movie feel so dark and creepy

I personally liked the Mewtwo in that movie as well

Not just that but also when you hear his voice in genesect movie then you have feeling that it is a girly pokemon or boy pokemon

The original Mewtwo was polite in Japanese? Villainous and polite don't go together. Anyway, its personality hasn't changed.

Villainous and polite don't go together.
You haven’t seen good villains, then? Cold villains that show manners are a thing.
Villains throwing tantrums doesn’t sound that great in comparison.

That's because the Mewtwo in that movie isn't the same one from this and Mewtwo Returns.

I know buy what we wanto to say is that we don't want mewtwo to be polite, cutey, has a girl voice, and so on. We want to it to be real mewtwo the strongest pokemon

I know buy what we wanto to say is that we don't want mewtwo to be polite, cutey, has a girl voice, and so on. We want to it to be real mewtwo the strongest pokemon
I liked the Mewtwo with the female voice. It didn't feel girly, or even overly polite to me. The 16th movie was honestly one of the better parts of the Best Wishes series IMO.

I liked the Mewtwo with the female voice. It didn't feel girly, or even overly polite to me. The 16th movie was honestly one of the better parts of the Best Wishes series IMO.

I don't like Mewtwo without bad man voice really. Yes, I agree that it was not overly polite but still don't think it is good for Mewtwo.

I like Movie 14 and 15 more than 16.

I thought that the main controversy was that Movie 16's Mewtwo was a different one from the one we'd seen before (and also that it was apparently female). And I wouldn't say that Mewtwo was polite in the original movie anyway. Eloquent might be a better word imo, but he was still a sociopath with no empathy who killed a bunch of scientists (they were selfish as hell and only cared about their cloning research sure, but not deserving of death imo) and had no qualms about the idea of Ash and the others possibly dying in the storm.

Last edited:
Nah. Those are objectively worse written movies.
Sorry a little late to respond to this, but I don't think writing quality has the most significant bearing on how much a person will like or dislike a production. Considering Pokemon was always my favorite show, I know there are many objectively better written productions across all media that I don't like nearly as much as Pokemon. Even within the Pokemon sphere there are some arcs or movies with quality writing that I just didn't get that into, and some with poor writing that were very entertaining. So quality of writing is definitely one of the factors that indicate how well received a production will be, but for individuals it certainly isn't an all-encompassing reason why something might be enjoyed more or less. I don't think it is a quality argument against an opinion.

Sorry a little late to respond to this, but I don't think writing quality has the most significant bearing on how much a person will like or dislike a production. Considering Pokemon was always my favorite show, I know there are many objectively better written productions across all media that I don't like nearly as much as Pokemon. Even within the Pokemon sphere there are some arcs or movies with quality writing that I just didn't get that into, and some with poor writing that were very entertaining. So quality of writing is definitely one of the factors that indicate how well received a production will be, but for individuals it certainly isn't an all-encompassing reason why something might be enjoyed more or less. I don't think it is a quality argument against an opinion.
I guess you're right. For example, the second movie is excellent in quality, and that hasn't stopped me from getting bored and uninterested of it due to overexposure to it as a child (for the longest time, it was the only Pokémon movie I could easily watch, so I quickly grew bored of it and it simply doesn't charm me anymore).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom