• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the movie is based on Tarzan like many speculated, want to see the trailer, I hope it's not only a few new seconds of footage. :rolleyes:

Official information from Pokemon.com on Zarude:
Zarude lives in a pack deep in the heart of dense forests. It treats anyone that isn’t part of its pack with immediate hostility, attacking right away. This is why other Pokémon that live in the same forest are afraid of Zarude. When fighting it swings around using trees and their branches, attacking relentlessly with its sharp claws or any other means it has. Its quick wit helps it excel in battles.

ER0Jb16X0AM1auC.jpg

They are the perfect match, we need you Cramorant come to the main reality dude

I really enjoyed the new trailer. Everything just looks so fluid and beautiful, and just judging on the trailer while I do think Ash will play his role in this, I think it's going to be a bit more of a side role and the story will really focus around Tarzan-boy, kind of like how M21 focused more on the stories of the other protagonists in the movie. And I don't mind that too much. Ash has had 20+ years to develop so if they spend a bit more time in the movie developing this kid that's fine.

Can't wait for Zarude to hate humans, and then Ash saves Celebi, and the Zarude likes humans, which is not a tired plot thread nosiree!

I hate to admit this trailer and Zarude's entire vibe gives me the feeling that this will happen. I don't mind this plot too much, but with M21 and M22 (being the remake of M1) both focusing on a mythical/legendary that dislikes humans it definitely will feel excessive if this movie chooses this plot.

But besides that, I'm excited about this movie. I'm glad to go back to the 2D animation, and I'm glad to go back to the AU universe from M20 and M21. The variety of Pokemon is amazing too!

Also that Cramorant has instantly upped my view on Cramorant. I just... I love it.

Zarude apparently is like a father to Coco which makes sense, male primates are pretty good dads by mammal standards

Some people in this thread are speculating the movie is going to be yet another "Humans are evil monsters" plot but I'm not sure about that.

Eww I can already tell that the director is probably gonna go down the 'humans are bad, nature is good!' route for the plot of this film.

And the fact that there's a freaking Celebi again gives me so much rage. I'm so sick of Celebi (of any color) at this point after all their other appearances... :rolleyes:

Was expecting Celebi, got shiny Celebi instead. :sneaky:

The animation looks less bright and less rough than the one from the teaser, and more similar to the one in M21. But I don't mind it as Ash's design goes better with it and the Pokémon look fine too.

All Pokémon are in the Galar Dex except for Foongus, so maybe the movie takes place there. Also, Flapple appears flying by at 0:18.

Zarude's cloth is likely a hint to its backstory.

The plot seems kinda predictable, but that doesn't mean it can't be great.

Eww I can already tell that the director is probably gonna go down the 'humans are bad, nature is good!' route for the plot of this film.

And the fact that there's a freaking Celebi again gives me so much rage. I'm so sick of Celebi (of any color) at this point after all their other appearances... :rolleyes:

To be fair, humans are causing a mass extinction in the real world, (although we certainly aren't doing it on purpose).

Although I do agree that the "humans are the true monsters" trope doesn't necessarily make sense in the context of the Pokemon world given the titular creatures have shown from time to time they not only have our intelligence, but can be just as flawed as we are. Heck, people seem to do a better job living in harmony with Nature (see Fortree City) than humans in our world do!

Last edited:
Summary, translated by Adamant
Coco is a young boy raised by a Pokémon.
This summer, an all new bond between a Pokémon and a human will be born.

In the depths of a jungle in the middle of nowhere...

We find
Okoya Forest,
a Pokémon paradise operating with strict laws,
where outsiders are not permitted to set foot.

In this forest, young Coco was raised as a Pokémon
by the mythical Pokémon Zarude.

Coco is fully convinced that he is a Pokémon,
but when he one day meets Satoshi and Pikachu,
he's able to make his first ever "human friend".

Am I a Pokémon?
Or am I a human?

When danger approaches Okoya Forest,
the love between a Pokémon and a human, a father and a son, is put to the test.
Danger approaching the forest sounds awfully vague. I hope it's not just some random forest fire that is forced into the movie to have some kind of conflict.

You know they had to fix Sonic in his movie design. The trailer showed a humanist weird Sonic instead of the usual video game him. Those two trailers aren't really complete yet so they may change the designs and animation.

This movie is a bit too cutesy to my liking. Coco not meeting his baby self means that Celebi's role is rather redundant; Tarzan's parents simply died in the jungle rather than having their son stolen by a fairy. Maybe Coco is secretly an orphan, but Celebi's purpose is to leave the backstory vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom