• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, humans are causing a mass extinction in the real world, (certainly not on purpose but we're still causing a lot of damage to the ecosystem). Although I do think the "humans are the true monsters" trope doesn't necessarily make sense in the context of the Pokemon world given that humans there are actually quite noble most of the time and do successfully coexist with Nature (see Forttree city in Hoenn) and the pokedex entries suggest that the titular creatures are necessarily much better than we are

I just hate it when movie directors/writers try to shove a pretentious lesson down our throats.

On a related note if I were Disney I'd be assembling my team of lawyers right about now.

You know they had to fix Sonic in his movie design. The trailer showed a humanist weird Sonic instead of the usual video game him. Those two trailers aren't really complete yet so they may change the designs and animation.

Omg not this again. :bulbaFacepalm: This isn't going to be a full blown CGI movie no matter how many times you bring up that scenario.

I can already see it trying to eat Nyarth every time it leaves its Poke Ball.
This wouldn't get old at all. Anyway, I suspect that they're trying to make the movie counterparts of Ash, Jessie and James somewhat different except for their staple Pokemon, because otherwise what is the point?

Even if Team Rocket does have a Cramorant in this movie, that doesn't mean they will in the main anime. Remember, this movie follows the timeline that began with I Choose You, so it's not canon to the main series.

Man, Coco's got some ridiculous arm strength; considering Flygon weighs 82kg, that's probably kind of like swinging into a wall for a kid that size

You know they had to fix Sonic in his movie design. The trailer showed a humanist weird Sonic instead of the usual video game him. Those two trailers aren't really complete yet so they may change the designs and animation.

Sorry I’m kind of lost here. Going off this and your other posts are you...really suggesting this film could still be done in a 3D style similar to MSBE? Because there’s zero chance of that happening.

M05 should have colored Jessie’s hair magenta.

Nothing more wrong has ever been said in the history of this entire website:lapras:

Man, Coco's got some ridiculous arm strength; considering Flygon weighs 82kg, that's probably kind of like swinging into a wall for a kid that size
Well, Ash lifted Larvitar, Hippowdown's Pre evolution and Cosmoem, the densest Pokemon we’ve ever got. Flygon's levitate might've helped too.

Disney tried in the past, but they would have no basis this time.
Yes, but suing someone for using a plot that is older than their own movies would be pushing it. It could have been justified if the characters ressembled theirs (like what brought a rename and design changes to two YGO cards), but otherwise it would be stupid on their part.

Sorry I’m kind of lost here. Going off this and your other posts are you...really suggesting this film could still be done in a 3D style similar to MSBE? Because there’s zero chance of that happening.

Nothing more wrong has ever been said in the history of this entire website:lapras:

Besides, I meant M06. You might disagree but please! Can anyone be on my side?

Yes, but suing someone for using a plot that is older than their own movies would be pushing it.
You say that, but this is the same Disney that sent legal threats which ended Kimba's planned North American release in the 90's because they claimed that Kimba was a rip off of their Lion King.

Truly, Disney knows no shame. :unsure:

You say that, but this is the same Disney that sent legal threats which ended Kimba's planned North American release in the 90's because they claimed that Kimba was a rip off of their Lion King.

That actually happened? What the fuck? On the plus side, I don't think they would be able to pull something like this now without facing major backlash since those same things are easier to spot now.

All I want to know is what's causing those explosions.
They better be the work of a kick-ass villain...

Though let's take it with a grain of salt.
Most of us know how things can go with these trailers and the final product...

Seriously? And I thought the company had reached the rock bottom when Walt Disney himself once called his protesting employees... erm... "unapprovable people", let's put it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom