• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing this trailer, hopefully it will reveal if its a return to the normal or alternative continuity

After seeing the trailer, I'm not that impressed

The shrine that appears in the trailer is the exact same one as in Celebi: Voice of the Forest:

sammy%2Band%2Bcelebi%2Bforest%2Bshrine.jpg

20200109_235418.jpg

So there is a big chance this movie will (partially) focus on Celebi.

Also, while Ash has the exact same jacket as his Pocket Monsters 2019 design, the rest of the outfit is pretty different. I'm suspecting a continuation of the movie AU and a continuation of M21.

150px-Ash_SS.png

20200109_235701.jpg

I honestly think that the insistence on another AU movie is silly when it just means that Go won't be around.... so that Oak's substitute can have more alone time with Ash? I don't think that it would be much of a feat for this movie to surpass Movie 4, but without the GS Ball I don't think I'll be interested (and I'd much rather see that on the show). Or at least an actual time travel story better than Movie 12's. Sammy wasn't particularly interesting, but at least he was Oak.

I actually wouldn't mind Calyrex appearing here if Celebi kicked its ass.

Attachments

• Celebi.jpg
    Celebi.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Son of man look to the sky ♩♩♩♩♩♩♩

Sounds interesting i guess but Im starting to realize that we are taking the Doraemon movies route with this movies (I love Doraemon, it's really popular in my country (Spain)) I wonder if we will be going to the moon in the next movie or to the past IDK Its really original for now.(For Pokeani standards)

PD:What I mean with the Doraemon thing is that we are starting to focus more on the people than in the Pokemon M21 for example

The human focus is certainly the case for the two AU movies and probably this one. But then Movie 4 focused on Ash, Sammy and Celebi as a group, so I don't know how different this one will be in that department outside of marketing. Back then, they just didn't pretend that a jungle boy was an exciting prospect.

Predictions:
A Celebi movie remake with an update on Oak's childhood story.
We get to see an expanded story on Oak, how he grew up, got married, his life as the leading pokemon professor, some Gary Oak cameo, and the Celebi event.
OMG?? If this is actually going to be the case, my predictions might be more accurate than a magic 8 ball XD

But in all seriousness, I'm excited about this movie. I'm glad they are continuing with the reboot and making stories that doesn't have a direct tie in to the television anime. It does seem to have Tarzan/Jungle Book inspirations.

I'm glad they are continuing with the reboot and making stories that doesn't have a direct tie in to the television anime.
That's just about every Pokemon movie out there. Even Movie 1 had a limited connection to the show.

I don't see the advantage of Ash traveling with just Pikachu.

Oh Arceus, they're stretching the Kangaskhan Kid episode into a movie... :eek:
(though will there still be breast jokes? :unsure: )

Last edited:
That's just about every Pokemon movie out there. Even Movie 1 had a limited connection to the show.

I don't see the advantage of Ash traveling with just Pikachu.
I should rephrase that: I meant almost little to no mention of anime continuity, which includes characters. Movie 1, for example, still had Ash with all his 8 badges, his pokemon team for the Indigo League, and Brock and Misty were there with their team. Movie 20, on the other hand, completely reworked the first episode with different characters. It's interesting to see what they can do when they don't have to bring in certain characters and make them act in certain scenarios which may or may not be fitting of their personality. Or worse, just be there for the sake of being there and not do very much.

So you don't think that Go would fit in a jungle setting? Or any of Ash's Pokemon bar Pikachu?

I was on board with the AU movies back when the alternative was forcing five companions into an Alola movie. But now there's only one companion (let's just say that Koharu can choose not to tag along for some quests even if she joins their team) and they can go anywhere.

The new Pokémon Calyrex has an official bio that says:
...and it’s said to see every past, present, and future event.
I wonder if this ability could somehow be tied in with Celebi, if both play any role in this movie to begin with (although I see Celebi as a 90% probability tbh).

The trailer was a bit too brief, but it looked pretty neat. It's too early to confirm whether or not it is another AU movie, but I'm leading more towards that direction. I didn't pick up on the Celebi Shrine, but that might explain the baby if he and the jungle boy are the same character. Maybe Celebi brought the boy back from the past or future. Calyrex showing up is also quite possible due to being another Grass/Psychic type.

I like that they continued with the Alternate Universe concept. While PM being set in anywhere gives them less limitations AU just gives more room to creativity.

I don't like Ash's outfit. It feels very repetitive after M21 and PM and doesn't mesh at all with the more detailed and more rough animation. An outfit similar to Gold's, Brendan's (all versions) or even AG Ash's would have fitted like a glove.

Hopefully they'll put an interesting twist to the Tarzan story and the movie is something else than Ash bonding with him.

Using Celebi means that every legendary from Gen 1 & 2 got to appear in a movie in the last 4 years. wow. I hope its time powers are explored deeply with characters going with it to crazy past and future timelines. A battle between it and Calyrex would be cool.

Wild mass guessing.

Ash and Pikachu team up with jungle kid to protect that baby from something evil in the forest, then Zacian/Zamazenta show up to save the day alongside whatever event legendary is the star of the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom