• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's like core games reverted back to 2D.

But it's like core games reverted back to 2D.
I don't think it really is though. There are actually many people who prefer the Sprite based Pokemon gams to the 3D because they are two entirely different things. Sprite-based games can look great for different reasons than reasons why the 3D games look great.

It's no different from the movies. CGI and Traditional animation look good for their own reasons (though I personally think the CGI of the new Mewtwo movie looks like absolute garbage), CGI is not an upgrade of 2D animation. The only reason why we see more 3D animation today is that it can be produced faster (at least from what I know, I don't know a whole lot about animation), because of the use of models, rather than having to hand-draw everything from scratch.

Especially for remaking/rebooting/remastering them.

Also @techitisJ, I don’t see 2D in modern core games.

But imagine how awkward if new Monster High movies went back to flash or that VYTs like Kizuna Ai made their vids in traditional animation.

Especially for remaking/rebooting/remastering them.

But imagine how awkward if new Monster High movies went back to flash or that VYTs like Kizuna Ai made their vids in traditional animation.

Who are you even talking to? Nobody cares about the lack of CGI animation here because nobody expected that to continue past last year's movie.

Who are you even talking to? Nobody cares about the lack of CGI animation here because nobody expected that to continue past last year's movie.

#speculation

Just imagine Ai using her videos in traditional anime instead of CGI like her vids are currently.

At least from M06-09, Jessie’s hair stayed fashionable pink.

Image result for ah shit here we go again

Also mind your flipping language too.

No, it's not in a lot of games, generally because while sprite games can look awesome, many core games being released these days don't really fit the mold of games that generally use sprites (mainly because the market of popular games has changed). There are still games that do so, many of them that do well. (Shantae, Hollow Knight, and Cuphead, to name a few).

But even if 3D graphics are considered an upgrade to 2D graphics in games, I just don't think that correlates the same with using 2D animation and 3D animation in shows and movies. There are so many cases where people prefer the hand-drawn 2D animation to the 3D CGI. That's because CGI is not an upgrade of 2D animation, it's simply a stylistic choice (usually done to save time), that does have the animators working in a very different way. I don't consider that an upgrade.

No, it's not in a lot of games, generally because while sprite games can look awesome, many core games being released these days don't really fit the mold of games that generally use sprites (mainly because the market of popular games has changed). There are still games that do so, many of them that do well. (Shantae, Hollow Knight, and Cuphead, to name a few).

But even if 3D graphics are considered an upgrade to 2D graphics in games, I just don't think that correlates the same with using 2D animation and 3D animation in shows and movies. There are so many cases where people prefer the hand-drawn 2D animation to the 3D CGI. That's because CGI is not an upgrade of 2D animation, it's simply a stylistic choice (usually done to save time), that does have the animators working in a very different way. I don't consider that an upgrade.

All I am wondering is why they thought 2D anime was easier in M23.

Maybe it didn't seem so, but I was pretty serious when I asked about why the movie is transliterated as Coco, and not Koko. What's next, Hecary and Satoshy?

Does anyone remember how the English promotional material described Iron Masked Marauder as Jessie and James' descendent? :p This Koko kid looks like he actually could be...

I just don’t know why they would name him Coco. It more fits a girl.

But remember, we still don't know that 1) Coco is the correct romanization, and 2) if ココ is even referring to a character in the film in the first place. People are just jumping to conclusions.

Also, try to stick to what new generations see like with DBK.

I think what the crew did was wrong as wrong as a Switch lacking Bluetooth.

Disneys Coco anyone? Coco (/koʊ. koʊ/) is a unisex given name and nickname.

The surname Coco was a patronymic created from the given name Cosma, which is derived from the Latin word "cosmas," which means "harmony." The Patronymic was the most common type of family name found in the region of Venice.

Coco from coconut? maybe we will get more new legendaries then we think? a grass/fairy or grass/ghost special attackers?

Yeah! I seen it.

But what the crew is doing with the animation is wrong.

Yeah! I seen it.

But what the crew is doing with the animation is wrong.

I don't think it is wrong. Unlike other countries, 2D animated films are still pretty popular and profitable in Japan.

In fact, I suspect they used CG for the previous movie, because they need to justify a remake that is practically the same story as the first movie.

In fact, I suspect they used CG for the previous movie, because they need to justify a remake that is practically the same story as the first movie.

They did do a remake of the original anime in 2D, M20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom