• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or conversely, a GO-verse movie could be fine. Ash and Gou travels to [whatever] place and meet Willow and his assistants. I'd love to see raid battles created with movie-quality animations. This could also expand on Gou's search for Mew because guess what, the Mew research was a big deal in GO. It would be a refreshing crossover.

Or conversely, a GO-verse movie could be fine. Ash and Gou travels to [whatever] place and meet Willow and his assistants. I'd love to see raid battles created with movie-quality animations. This could also expand on Gou's search for Mew because guess what, the Mew research was a big deal in GO. It would be a refreshing crossover.

I really don't want to see the next movie be a Pokemon Go promotion. I'm not sure how including Professor Willow would really expand on Go's search for Mew either. It might be more interesting depending on the execution, but I don't see how it would be a refreshing crossover.

Honestly a Zacian and Zamazenta movie would make perfect sense. PM isn't heavily focused on Sword and Shield so it wouldn't make sense to incorporate it's story into the series. I wouldn't be surprised if we're getting a sort of role-reversal between the anime and films. AU movies would be redundant now because the current series takes place in all regions and can tell any of the stories that they would have needed an AU for (except M20 obviously). For instance if M21 was made now it could be canon because the current series has already set a precedent for ash traveling to Jhoto and other old regions. And so with the main series taking focus away from the current games, the movies could easily take over that role. While the anime breaks tradition and focuses on nostalgia, the movies return to the tradition of promoting current legendaries and newly revealed mythicals. Basically the opposite of what we got during SM.

I hope it's the main continuity. The current saga eliminates the need for the (pointless and boring) AU

Plus Team Rocket could potentially actually do something in a main movie, they literally do jack in the AU!

I hope it's the main continuity. The current saga eliminates the need for the (pointless and boring) AU

Plus Team Rocket could potentially actually do something in a main movie, they literally do jack in the AU!

Team Rocket has rarely done anything noteworthy in the movies, so I don't see how doing nothing in the AU movies is a new development. I don't see how the movie being set within the main continuity would give them a better chance of having a more proactive role in the story, especially when Ash's friends are lucky if they get to do anything too.

I hope they realize that they can't depend on Gen 1-2 nostalgia forever. They have already remade the first episode in a weird AU, the Mewtwo movie and made a whole new anime season mostly focused on Kanto instead of Galar.

Enough is enough! :rolleyes:

It might be more interesting depending on the execution, but I don't see how it would be a refreshing crossover.
I agree with Hidden Mew, and a Pokemon GO movie is going to be anything but refreshing since the current series is shaping up more like Pokemon Go: The Anime.

Besides the movies take care not to interfere with the anime’s plot that much. I don’t see Go’s goal getting a significant achievement/highlight in a movie.

Last edited:
They want us to know the bare minimum about the movie right now. I am not even sure that there was ever a tagline including Dawn for a DP movie.

It would be cool if the movie wasn't AU but had Ash leave Gou at home while he traveled alone. It would be the best of both worlds; an original cast of characters without the AU cop-out.

It doesn't really bother me one way or the other if they continue with the AU continuity or not. I was slightly disappointed that the SM cast didn't get their own movie, but I also feel like the non-AU movies had gotten super stale over the years and didn't mind the change. I personally didn't really like I Choose You, but thought Everyone's Story was fantastic. So for me, the AU is still hit and miss, but at least they both felt more fresh than the previous formula.

So, ultimately, I think I feel the same way about this movie. If it's the anime continuity? Cool, I think they can go back to that after a little break. AU? Cool, I'd like to see what else they can do with that.

If I had to guess, I would guess they're going to stick with the AU route.

Predictions:
A Celebi movie remake with an update on Oak's childhood story.
We get to see an expanded story on Oak, how he grew up, got married, his life as the leading pokemon professor, some Gary Oak cameo, and the Celebi event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom