• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the December 25th release date: Christmas Day is not a bank holiday in Japan. In fact, it's treated very similarly to how Valentine's Day or Halloween is handled in the U.S.; all the commercial aspects (decorations, gift-giving, mascots, etc) are there and people have a general knowledge of what the day's about but it's not like you get the day off from school/work or anything. Kids wake up, open their presents, and then head off to school.

(New Year's Eve is the big "everyone in the family gets together" holiday in Japan)

PkmnTrainerV said:
I don’t know about Japanese religious percentages, but I don’t think Christians are the majority

Less than 1 percent of the population claims Christian belief or affiliation.

So what does the above tweet mean?
Here's what Google Translate says:
A campaign to drink "Lipovitan D Kids" and win Pokemon movie original goods by lottery is running until September 30th (Wednesday)!
Please take a picture of the product purchase receipt and apply.
Click here for details!

The good thing about this releasedate is that the main anime doesn't have to specifically build in a gap week, since the week in itself is generally a gap week already.
December 23rd (the previous Friday) isn't generally a gap week. They aired an episode that day just two years ago.

Besides, airing Movie 22 would help set up Mewtwo's role in the anime (assuming they'll wait until January for that). For once the gap could be justified.

Here's something that just hit me I'm curious about...ya think we'll see another supporting Pokemon die (in a flashback) again?
(I hope so)

One thing I love about the movies is the wide variety of Pokemon that get featured and this is no exception

Heck, this movie sounds like it's going to show more love to several Galar Pokemon than the TV Show...

Cinderace looks really cute in the preview. <3
His design remind me of a Teddy Bear (or any Stuffed Animal really)

IMG_20201014_171736.jpg

How anyone can look at this little guy and think he's "Ugly" is a mystery to me. But I guess that's just me

This movie certainly doesn't warrant a year's worth of build-up, unintentional or otherwise. It's so derivative.

This movie certainly doesn't warrant a year's worth of build-up, unintentional or otherwise. It's so derivative.
Not sure how you can fault them for this if it was due to covid. Better they continue to hype it up than let people forget about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom