• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
It wasn't a static image. It was seen running across the screen. And even an image is an appearance.
Did it interact with Ash or Go, or any character or pokemon in any meaningful way that was a pivotal plot point of an episode?

No?

Then it wasn't a debut

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Did it interact with Ash or Go, or any character or pokemon in any meaningful way that was a pivotal plot point of an episode?

No?

Then it wasn't a debut
It appeared for the first time. That is the definition of debut. No matter how minor, a first appearance of any kind is a debut.

Shiny hunter
Reaction score

No?

Then it wasn't a debut
You can argue that it was a shitty debut and that whoever thought that it was acceptable to have Grookey not appear at all until a World of Pokémon segment over a year in should have been fired years ago, but I'm afraid you can't argue that it wasn't a debut. A debut is defined as the Pokémon appearing onscreen for the first time even if it's in the background and doesn't do anything.

I'm a male Mew and Sobble fan
Reaction score
I can see where both sides of the argument are coming from, but in my honest opinion, I just feel like it wasn't a proper debut for Grookey and it deserved better. Just my two cents.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
It’s literally a debut in the most meaningless, smallest, most technically way possible. A "debut" that’s somehow even smaller than a one second cameo.
Still counts as a debut nonetheless. Even a small debut is still a debut.

Reaction score
Anybody else notice the new character behind Ash in the 60 second trailer?

Judging by the hairstyle It looks like a little girl to me.
But what is she doing out in the Jungle? Another Movie Rival perhaps?

Oh wait maybe she is one of the Scientists? :unsure:
Screenshot_2020-12-18-15-32-50-1.png

Screenshot_2020-12-18-15-20-35-1.png

Last edited:
Not Dead
Reaction score
Why is Celebi in this movie, again? (Other than to give people another mythical incentive to watch the movie, because the content itself apparently doesn't cut it.) It doesn't seem that Coco time traveled, and if he did, it certainly doesn't make any difference.

WHAT A TWIST!
Reaction score
They show Pikahcu using Thunderbolt, but not on WHAT...

I appreciate they're hiding the Villain, but it better be good...
(though it's likely something cheap like the one of the scientist being evil -_-)

Status
Not open for further replies.