• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Satoshi doesn't run into a Pokemon attack at some point in the movie so everyone knows just how serious he is about Pokemon friendship. The writers seem to think that overly suicidal behavior is the best way to show heroism.
And apparently the best way to showcase that you’re a good person and solve the mandatory misunderstanding.

Given that Go isn't featured, I'm guessing this takes place in the same continuity of M20 and M22
Ash's hat in this movie is the same as the one in M20 and M21. While no absolute confirmation, it strongly suggests this is the same Ash as the Ash in those movies. It's the only piece of clothing that has stayed consistent between the 3 designs and the only in-universe connection so far that suggest these 3 movies are connected.

5 pages in and only one Coco joke? No mention of how Ash's mom suddenly despises music or a Dia de Los Muertos plot? Maybe Ash's dad is a skeleton.

Maybe Ash has to go back in time to when jungle boy was a baby to change the future because his best friend killed him and stole all of his hard work to pass off as his own?

Joking aside (even though, as a Disney fanatic, I am going to think of Coco every time I see this movie's title...) there's not too much to go off of yet. I'm okay with them continuing the AU theme in the movies. Not sure how excited I am about what potentially feels like a Tarzan/Jungle Book/Kangaskhan Kid vibe, but the baby in the trailer does interest me. I do think it is the jungle boy as a baby, and that time travel will be involved.

Why "Coco" and not "Koko"?

Already taken.

latest

I don't think that this tangent is going to go anywhere good. They started working on this movie before they saw the reactions to the last one.

I think they should release a CG movie once per generation, but who knows.

Predictions:

Ash and Coco (assuming it is the kid's name) have to work together to save the forest from getting destroyed by human activities.

I don't think that this tangent is going to go anywhere good. They started working on this movie before they saw the reactions to the last one.

I think they should release a CG movie once per generation, but who knows.

It is NOT a tangent! It is modern technology. I know they didn’t update animation Pokémon movies right when the anime started using digital inc but they probably kept animation cells to make it look “filmish” and I Choose You! might have still used digital film when the animation changed to whatever it is in episodes since SM and they are keeping it but give 3D anime general computer imaging a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom