• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that this tangent is going to go anywhere good. They started working on this movie before they saw the reactions to the last one.

I think they should release a CG movie once per generation, but who knows.
Wasn't the reaction to Everyone's Story very positive?

MSBE isn't related to the AU saga

Wasn't the reaction to Everyone's Story very positive?

MSBE isn't related to the AU saga
The last two movies both had similar reception box office-wise (just under 3 billion yen). My point was that even if the CG remake had done better, they couldn't have really known that when they started working on this upcoming movie. They picked the safer option, and it would make sense if they ended up rotating between the two formats without running either into the ground.

But it’s like Arthur reverting back to digital ink after its 16th season.

From what I'm guessing from the trailer, Coco is both the baby and the jungle boy; Celebi accidentally transports Coco from another time period and it's up to Satoshi and Coco to work together and find/save Celebi from whatever bad guy is around.

So yeah, basically Movie 4.

I don’t get why they are calling him Coco. It is not a remake too.

Time to find a pokemom that has "Coco" or "Koko" as part of its name/cry. That might be the "parent" pokemon who raised the kid.

EDIT: excluding Tapu Koko

I wonder if Coco would explore or blur the lines between human and Pokémon. Like, the only words that Coco could say is "Coco."

I would also say that Coco would fit nicely with other wild humans like Hareta and Sapphire. I am a bit disappointed that there's no apparent female lead but I guess they wanted to do something different from Risa.

Coco must be his mom.

I wonder if Coco would explore or blur the lines between human and Pokémon.

That was Mewtwo's whole thing which was covered in the recent remake though. He thinks more like a human than any Pokemon does so he doesn't fit in with them but he is seen as a lesser being by humans as well. And the film is all about how he comes to terms with that and finds a place for himself in the world.

From what I'm guessing from the trailer, Coco is both the baby and the jungle boy; Celebi accidentally transports Coco from another time period and it's up to Satoshi and Coco to work together and find/save Celebi from whatever bad guy is around.

So yeah, basically Movie 4.

Oh my gosh how many times does Celebi as a species need to be saved? They're basically the Princess Peach of Pokemon...

There is also Nyasu.

I think I would put Nyasu on the same level as say Lucario from Mystery of Mew tbh. Grasps human language extremely well and acts less animalistic than other Pokemon due to higher intelligence, but is still ultimately drawn to the human-Pokemon partnership in a highly conventional manner. Nyasu's life goal is to sit on someone's lap. Even Alolan Nyasu was shown to be more cunning, suggesting that Nyasu tend to be very bright.

But Mewtwo is straight up questioning if Pokemon are doomed to be slaves and if not being made by God makes him less worthy to be on the earth, or perhaps superior to his subservient kind. So he holds a trial to prove it one way or another. That feels more human than some of the silly antics of Nyasu even if his backstory is pretty sad. But then again, the Rocket Gang are like that overall.

I saw a theory somewhere that said that the wild child in the trailer might be a Pokemon turned human which would be a really cool idea if it's actually true.

and find/save Celebi from whatever bad guy is around.

Image result for ah shit here we go again

Well, at least this can't be worse than the Kangaskhan episode from OS. Even though I love the Japanese dub I wish I could unsee the scene when the kid asks if he can suck on Kasumi's breasts and then his horrible dad gets naked and says that he can suck on his nipples instead. Barf! :sick:

Creepy uncensored OS episodes aside... I wonder how time travel fits into all of this? I don't see the connection between the wild kid and this concept. The Celebi movie was cool because it showed us the backstory of an already established older character Professor Oak who gets a lot of screentime. Doing the same thing with a random character who has no previous connection to Satoshi makes no sense. Unless he is his secret brother who got kidnapped as a baby. :p

Last edited:
Or, better yet, why not translate it as "Here"?

(also, the movie "Coco" was renamed "Remember Me" in Japan so audiences here aren't going to make the same connection Western fans are making)
But doesn't the fact that it's spelled in Katakana imply that it's more like a name, or that at the very least that it's likely not the Japanese word?

In a lot of cases, yes, but not *all* the time. Sometimes katakana is used for emphasis, or for some stylistic choice, etc.

Attachments

• 63CC7195-E365-4FA0-8479-07003849DE93.jpeg
    63CC7195-E365-4FA0-8479-07003849DE93.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 80
@Nicolas721, Arthur changed animation from digital to flash. If this goes to CGI back to SM+ animation, it is like Arthur doing that.

@Nicolas721, Arthur changed animation from digital to flash. If this goes to CGI back to SM+ animation, it is like Arthur doing that.

I don't see what difference it makes? The Mewtwo rehash movie being CGI doesn't really matter since most people don't consider it canon anyway; only the original Mewtwo movie directly tied into the anime imo, whereas the last movie was more like a fan fic-esque rewrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom