• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
But should expect that it should be CGI.

In fact, I suspect they used CG for the previous movie, because they need to justify a remake that is practically the same story as the first movie.
It's the other way around as per PokeBeach: "The movie was a collaboration with OLM and Sprite Animation, a Los Angeles company. The Japanese directors of the film worked part-time in Los Angeles to bring this movie to fruition. They also revealed that they had wanted to make a CGI Pokemon movie for several years."

It's the other way around as per PokeBeach: "The movie was a collaboration with OLM and Sprite Animation, a Los Angeles company. The Japanese directors of the film worked part-time in Los Angeles to bring this movie to fruition. They also revealed that they had wanted to make a CGI Pokemon movie for several years."

Thanks for the clarification.

M05 should have colored Jessie’s hair magenta.

Seriously! People should expect the new movie in CG Anime.

Sure! Be nostalgic.
If they can make 3D that doesn’t look like Sabrina's dolls, then I’m in. The current version just doesn’t look good to me. Keep putting the tag of "nostalgic" on people don’t agree with you, though (even though I’m probably younger than a significant portion of the userbase here).

You guys have to expect movies if they change animation to stay animation in that style.

You guys have to expect movies if they change animation to stay animation in that style.
Not necessarily. One Piece also had one CGI movie and the next ones were back to 2D. Doraemon did this, too, if I recall correctly. I think Doraemon's movie was also for an anniversary but I could be wrong.

Not necessarily. One Piece also had one CGI movie and the next ones were back to 2D. Doraemon did this, too, if I recall correctly. I think Doraemon's movie was also for an anniversary but I could be wrong.

Is it the Doraemon movie from 2014? I don’t why they reverted both of those back.

Is it the Doraemon movie from 2014? I don’t why they reverted both of those back.
One Piece is way too much cartoony to even look good in CGI, where are things are more stiff. And in the case of Doraemon it also suffers the "look like toys" issue that also affected M22.

EDIT: Here are pics of the Doraemon movie:

1580682650266.png

1580682686168.png

And here is a One Piece CGI movie pic:

1580682961880.png

It looks like a PS2 cutscene. And it was released in 2010...

Last edited:
I wouldn't want the 3D CGI films to replace the 2D films, but they could definitely coexist if the Pokemon Company is willing to put in the money.

As an example, Doraemon had a 3D CGI film (Stand by Me) in summer 2014 and will be having an upcoming 3D CGI film (Stand by Me 2) in summer 2020, but the franchise also had its usual 2D film (New Nobita's Great Demon) in March 2014 and will have the usual 2D film (Nobita's New Dinosaur) in March 2020.

If they can make the Pokemon 3D CGI films a side-series to the usual 2D Pokemon films, I think people will be more accepting of the 3D CGI films. So for example, the usual 2D films would air in summer, while the 3D CGI remakes would air in spring or fall.

Why don’t you want them replaced?

Well, first of all, thank you for ignoring everything I said after the first sentence. I thought I should at least put forth an argument for 2D anime films and 3D CGI films to coexist in the Pokemon franchise, but you seem to just want all Pokemon films to be 3D CGI films going forward.

Anyways, unless OLM decides to go "Snack World" on us and make the Pokemon anime TV series also in 3D CGI, I don't really see a reason for the Pokemon films to all be 3D CGI going forward. While a lot of anime franchises have dabbled in 3D CGI films (One Piece, Doraemon, heck even Yokai Watch did a weird CGI/live-action film a few years back), very few actually choose to continue in that direction for future films.

From a cursory Google search, I've only found the Saint Seiya films to never go back to 2D anime films since they made the first 3D CGI film in the franchise. (The last Lupin the Third film was also in 3D CGI film, but since that only aired last December, it remains to be seen if the franchise would go in that direction in the future)

Heck even Yokai Watch did a weird CGI/live-action film a few years back.

I recall before there was a new Pokémon episode, they showed the Yo Kai credits in CGI.

Anyways, unless OLM decides to go "Snack World" on us and make the Pokemon anime TV series also in 3D CGI, I don't really see a reason for the Pokemon films to all be 3D CGI going forward.

Snack World?

Attachments

• 09667FC1-1C71-4C7B-ADBC-585647829F04.jpeg
    09667FC1-1C71-4C7B-ADBC-585647829F04.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom