• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
The movie being delayed doesn't bode well for a June release for the Isle of Armor DLC either, since the movie is the primary source for Zarude promotion and its possible Zaruda would first be distributed via theaters and the movie in Japan to get a code to put it in the game before it reached the west, considering its a mythical.

I have been wondering about the Isle of Armor release. We haven't heard much about it since I think March and they still said that the DLC would be available in June, but that was also before Japan declared a state of emergency. I could still see the DLC coming out next month. I think it would depend on how much was already completed before GameFreak employees started to work remotely. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was delayed and it would be completely understandable, but I think it could still come out and they'd just save Zarude for a later time to tie in with the movie. I imagine that the Crowd Tundra will be delayed though. They initially planned it for this fall, but it might be released during winter instead.

I have been wondering about the Isle of Armor release. We haven't heard much about it since I think March and they still said that the DLC would be available in June, but that was also before Japan declared a state of emergency. I could still see the DLC coming out next month. I think it would depend on how much was already completed before GameFreak employees started to work remotely. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was delayed and it would be completely understandable, but I think it could still come out and they'd just save Zarude for a later time to tie in with the movie. I imagine that the Crowd Tundra will be delayed though. They initially planned it for this fall, but it might be released during winter instead.

Well... its only a Month before release and we still don't have an official releasedate yet. Its still June 30rd as it has been from the beginning. We also haven't gotten another trailer for the game this month, which strikes me as odd, especially since next week is already the 3rd week of May. Part of me thinks they have been planning a trailer for the first or second week of May, but had to delay it.

The movie being delayed doesn't bode well for a June release for the Isle of Armor DLC either, since the movie is the primary source for Zarude promotion and its possible Zaruda would first be distributed via theaters and the movie in Japan to get a code to put it in the game before it reached the west, considering its a mythical.

Both things are independent. Everything points to Zarude having as much lore as Zeraora (there isn't any "More about Zarude will be revealed later" announcement on the official site, there is a "Not available during normal gameplay" one instead) and the west was going to receive the event much later anyway.

Also, I don't think there wasn't much of the Armor part left to be done by March 26th which is when the last trailer was released.

A winter release makes sense. They'd probably want to have more time for promotion and doing any more work on the movie that they couldn't do earlier. I don't know if theaters will be safe enough by then, but there's a much better chance for a winter release than their usual July one.

Maybe they could do a first and have some kind of limited theatrical release in America? More than likely the English dub could be done in time.
If the Mewtwo movie didn’t get one (to my knowledge), then the chances of this one are nearly zero in my opinion. The Mewtwo movie was nostalgia for the adults and they could see it with children, with the added bonus of being in 3D.

I'm not sure how safe theaters are going to be in the U.S. either. Winter might be even more difficult since it will be flu season too. Theaters are desperate to reopen and I can understand why for a few reasons, but they aren't going to be safe anytime soon. An English dub might be out by the end of the year, but they'd be better off putting it on Netflix instead.

I don't see any way this movie goes to theaters in America, unfortunately. M22 was the perfect candidate for a limited theater release, and it went straight to Netflix. Between Netflix's newly acquired rights to the series and COVID, along with the uncertain future of movie theaters because of it, this will more than likely be another Netflix exclusive.

What I'll be interested to see is when the dub is ultimately released. My guess is they'll want to space it out with the Japanese release, so depending on when it debuts there, I would imagine that M23 comes out in America around late-February, like M22 did this year, and that becomes the new release period for the dubbed movies instead of the November/December timeframe we've become accustomed to. Either that or the dub gets pushed back even later based on the Japanese release, if it's too close to February.

Yeah I didn't think of COVID-19 when I typed my post earlier. I certainly have a feeling we'll see it on Netflix for sure at some point. Likely February 2021.

Can I just say that this movie being delayed doesn't bother me one bit? It could be cancelled and I wouldn't bat any eye either I just don't get why people even like the movies? The latest ones aren't canon anyways and the plots of the movies have never been exactly revolutionary or unique. I always kind of pitied people who actually went and paid to watch the Pokemon movies in theaters because it sounds like a punishment to me more than something that people should want to do willingly.

I've gone to the theater for every single Pocket Monsters movie that's come out in Japan since 2008 and I don't regret watching a single one. They're fun popcorn films, and even the worst ones manage to still be an entertaining way to spend two hours. The latest ones "not being canon" doesn't bother me one bit either.

I'm sure I'll enjoy Coco whenever that ends up coming out.

Can I just say that this movie being delayed doesn't bother me one bit? It could be cancelled and I wouldn't bat any eye either I just don't get why people even like the movies? The latest ones aren't canon anyways and the plots of the movies have never been exactly revolutionary or unique. I always kind of pitied people who actually went and paid to watch the Pokemon movies in theaters because it sounds like a punishment to me more than something that people should want to do willingly.

That's pretty needlessly harsh and rude. It's perfectly fine that you don't like the movies, but there's no need to be so condescending towards those who go out to watch these movies in theaters. People have different opinions than you do, so going to a movie theater to watch a Pokemon movie can easily be fun for other people. I'm not much of a theater going person myself, but I have enjoyed watching a Pokemon movie in theaters. Seeing I Choose You on the big screen was really great. Not all of the movies stand out and to be fair, that is kind of difficult given there are over twenty of them, most of them are still fun. Even the worst ones are usually just boring, but still provide something fun to watch for a couple of hours.

The movies being non-canon also really means nothing. Even though the vast majority of them are still canon to the main series, they rarely were referenced or had any meaningful impact. Being non-canon isn't really a negative when it pretty much allows them to do whatever they want with the movies. Plus, I Choose You and The Power of Us are easily the best Pokemon movies to come out in ages. I Choose You is either my second favorite movie or tied with the Lucario movie.

The movies being non-canon also really means nothing. Even though the vast majority of them are still canon to the main series, they rarely were referenced or had any meaningful impact. Being non-canon isn't really a negative when it pretty much allows them to do whatever they want with the movies. Plus, I Choose You and The Power of Us are easily the best Pokemon movies to come out in ages. I Choose You is either my second favorite movie or tied with the Lucario movie.

I actually like the recent ones being non-canon. It allows for each movie to be it's own thing without having to worry about having to tie into the current series - even if the tie in's are very loose at best such as region and who's traveling with Ash.

Volcanion was dang fun as well. I really liked that one and watched it several times. Far better than the last several that was before that especially Hoopa was to me is the worst Pokemon film by far. Best films... is so close to me with a three way tie between:

Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew
The Power Of Us
Entei Spell Of The Unown

I actually like the recent ones being non-canon. It allows for each movie to be it's own thing without having to worry about having to tie into the current series - even if the tie in's are very loose at best such as region and who's traveling with Ash.

Volcanion was dang fun as well. I really liked that one and watched it several times. Far better than the last several that was before that especially Hoopa was to me is the worst Pokemon film by far. Best films... is so close to me with a three way tie between:

Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew
The Power Of Us
Entei Spell Of The Unown

I actually really like the Hoopa movie myself. I don't think it would rank that high among my favorite movies, but I didn't hate at all. I thought it was pretty fun. But I like the movies being non-canon as well. I think that was a big reason why I Choose You and The Power of Us felt so refreshing to me as well.

I mean...then don't watch them? I really never understand why people get so angry and upset about what other people enjoy and choose to spend their time and money on. The movies still being released in theaters in Japan is a nice tradition to me. Obviously, enough people still choose to go see the movie while it's in theaters. I miss them being released in theaters in America, quite honestly. My friend and I saw the limited release of The Power of Us in a theater near us and had a blast. I'm not the biggest theater goer, nor do I watch a ton of movies to begin with, but I would absolutely still go to see the Pokemon movies in theaters if they were released that way here. I watch the new movie every year regardless, but seeing them in theaters with other fans was always a great atmosphere and reminded me of going to see the movies in theaters as a kid.

Also, the new movies not being canon has actually made them much more unique. I didn't love I Choose You, but it was far more interesting than any Pokemon movie that had come out in recent memory. The Power of Us, on the other hand, was incredibly well done and is easily one of my favorite Pokemon movies of all time. Sure, I kind of miss seeing Ash's companions in the movies, but it's not like those movies had a major impact on the series anyway, and their plots all started to become pretty repetitive and dull.

I was able to see I Choose You in theaters. I don't go to movie theaters too often, but being able to see that movie on the big screen with a bunch of other Pokemon fans of varying ages was really great. I still remember how happy I felt hearing that remix of the original theme song. I unfortunately wasn't able to see The Power of Us in theaters and I was pretty disappointed about that for awhile. I was really hoping that the Mewtwo remake would get a limited theatrical release partly because of missing out on the previous movie, so the movie landing on Netflix instead was disappointing in that regard.

Honestly, the idea of future Pokemon movies not getting a limited theatrical release is kind of sad. Granted, I wouldn't go to any theater at this point, putting the movies on Netflix is going to be a better option for the foreseeable future and who knows how movie theaters are going to survive this whole situation, but possibly not getting to watch future movies on a big screen sounds kind of sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom