• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny, because I missed out on seeing I Choose You in theaters and was disappointed to have missed it! I remember it came out on Disney XD relatively quickly after the fact, so I didn't have to wait too long to see it, but I still wish I had gotten the theater experience with it.

The last Pokemon movie I saw in theaters before The Power of Us was White—Victini and Zekrom. That one was a limited release as well, and I just learned from looking it up, the first Pokemon movie released in theaters since Pokemon Heroes (which I also saw in theaters!). White was definitely a more mediocre movie than The Power of Us, but even seeing that one with other fans was so much fun! I remember sitting near a boy and his dad, and the boy was around the same age I had been when I last saw a Pokemon movie in theaters. It was so sweet how excited he was and how into the movie he got! It actually bums me out that kids nowadays don't get the experience of seeing a Pokemon movie in theaters. Even if they had still stuck with the limited releases, it was a nice to have the option to go see the movie in theaters again.

To add my two-penny worth - I saw ICY, POU and Detective Pikachu in the cinema with friends and each outing was SO MUCH FUN, even if I cannot bear to watch the dub in any other circumstance. Getting to sit in a cinema surrounded by other Pokemon fans also enjoying themselves is something special.

I believe the last Pokemon movie I saw theatrically was the Celebi one, back in 2005 lol For some reason my homecountry saw the theater release of the first three movies only, then years later this one came completely randomly. I don't remember any Pikachu short before it btw.

I was going to see I Choose You, had purchased the ticket and all... But I managed to miss the bus that would take me to Toronto. It was my first year in Canada and I was living here for three months (I think) by then, so it's understandable.

Can I just say that this movie being delayed doesn't bother me one bit? It could be cancelled and I wouldn't bat any eye either I just don't get why people even like the movies? The latest ones aren't canon anyways and the plots of the movies have never been exactly revolutionary or unique. I always kind of pitied people who actually went and paid to watch the Pokemon movies in theaters because it sounds like a punishment to me more than something that people should want to do willingly.

In the future I would never buy a ticket to see a Pokemon movie in theaters either because I wouldn't want to deal with loud kids or extremely devoted fans who overreact to every scene. I learned my lesson after seeing the 20th movie in theaters 3 years ago.

This movie is no exception but to be completely fair there's been so little information about this movie compared to other ones for obvious reasons that I can't judge its quality at the moment. Maybe next year when it gets released on DVD and Blu-ray I'll take a look at it objectively and decide if it was worth the wait to see this totally-not-a-ripoff-of-Tarzan movie.

You weren't being rude, I was just expressing that... I am one of those fans :p

Some info on the featured Zarude "Dada" (Oh Arceus, let TPCI give him a better name...)

Sword - This Zarude left its pack to raise a human child. The cloth Zarude would wrap the child with has a comforting scent that calmed the child's crying.

Shield - This Zarude's special strength stems from its love and care for an orphaned human child that the Pokémon has raised since the child's infancy.
Given that "Dada" left his pack is maybe because the other Zarude's outlaw humans.

EcSJVLtUYAEdlcr.jpeg

For a comparison, PreCure spring movie is moved to the October, meanwhile the fall movie is moved to spring of 2021.

Thing is, we haven't seen most of the movie, though it's possible except Zarude is the main target than Celebi

Plus we got a diverse of Dark Types now, so give me Grimmsnarl as an evil counterpart for Zarude. So give the hairy orc some spotlight

Learned by experience when the new series was being promoted, TV Tokyo hyped the fans for an entire month for a drop of big news, only to repeat everything we already knew up to that point.
Ohhhhhhh TV Tokyo...
*canned audience laughter*

The annoucement is the Movie's special guest stars, with Coco played by actress Moka Kamishiraishi and Zarude played by kabuki actor Kankuro Nakamura VI

Also, Shokotan and Yama-chan will be back voicing Professor Zed and Karen, researchers at Biotope Company, which is studying cutting-edge technology in the forest Ash visits.

...I think we have an idea what's causing those explosions in the trailer now.

They'll stream Movie 21 Wednesday August 5th at 7pm, and play a video about Coco while they're at it.

^ It's a new trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom